Author Topic: Ch. 1 What is a hero?  (Read 22516 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Ch. 1 What is a hero?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
Tenebarum: So~ Swiss Man~  What have you been up to?
Suspiriorum: And who was that Funnyman guy? No one actually said.
Lachrymarum: *rubs ears*
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
Swiss man  Swiss Army Man manages to recompose himself a little bit

"Oh!  Sorry, He is 'The Funnyman'  We took out a villain a while back.  He's a pretty cool guy, but a little crazy.  And not much.  It's been fairly peaceful in my neighborhood.  I've stopped a few petty crimes, but the Super villains have been quiet recently."  His eyes narrow.  "Almost too quiet..."

He laughs.  "I've always wanted to say that."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Tenebarum: Funnyman~  He's funny~
Suspiriorum: I'm not sure what he is doing over there with Roland in bard garb, but crazy is probably right too.
Tenebarum: Crazy too~  I'm glad things are good where you are~
Lachrymarum: I hope you aren't right about the villains... *nervous*
Suspiriorum: They're staying quiet so they can scare you while you sleep.
Lachrymarum: *gasps*
Suspiriorum: Actually, I think there is a villain... RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Lachrymarum: *jumps* Nooo~ *runs behind Tenebarum*
Tenebarum: Don't worry Lachrymarum~  I always check under your bed~ remember~
Lachrymarum: J-just... What if, okay?
Suspiriorum: Yeah, I bet a villain would love to get hold of you, Lachrymarum.
Lachrymarum: Noo~ Stop~
Tenebarum: It's been pretty peaceful on my side as well~  I'm glad everything is good~
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
I narrow my eyes and look at the rustbucket.  I adjust my fedora and the lapels of my zoot suit and lean in close.

"All right, listen, kid.  Roland--can I call ya Rol?  Great.  Rol, ya need to understand this town.  We got trouble, sure--what town don't?  That's what me and my friends are for, see?  We gots this town under our thumbs, and anything goes wrong...pow!  We clobber it.  This is the way it's gonna be, see?  Ya wanna roll in here, with yer fancy model number and what-have-ya, but yer gonna have to play nice with us if'n ya want us to play nice with ya's."

I take a long, slow drag on my cigar and blow a smoke ring into Roland's face.  Interface.  Whatever.

Quote from: Internal Dialogue
Are...are you doing an Edward G. Robinson impression?

Is that a problem?

I...wait.  Cigars are terrible for our lungs.  You can't smoke!

Relax, it isn't real tobacco.

Oh, thank--

It's arsenic.

...you're joking, right?

Probably.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »
Swiss Army Man, still unused to the jokes of the little girls, quickly turns when Suspiriorum mentions a villain.  He laughs at himself for getting caught in the girls' ruse. 

Meanwhile, Funnyman stares down an unmoving Roland, whose LED lights blink once in response to the smoke. 

Understood.  He says simply.  The Mayor, standing by, gives you a leery look. 

Mr. Funnyman, I hope you are not heckling the robot before he even begins his duties here.

Swiss Army Man turns back towards Tenebarum.  Yes, times like this really are fantastic.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 01:33:46 AM »
Tenebarum: Yeah~  I hope things stay this peaceful for a while~
Suspiriorum: Welp.  You've doomed us all.
Lachrymarum: No~  Tenebarum~  Don't say things like that~

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
I look at the Mayor as he addresses me, but then I shoot bolt upright.  I feel...a disturbance.  Something I have not felt in many, many years.

My head swivels around one hundred eighty degrees, glaring straight at the three young girls.

"What.  Did you.  Just.  Say?"

Woah, calm down there, Funnym--

DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT SHE SAID?

I mean, let's be honest, it would be nice if--

NO DON'T SAY IT DON'T EVEN THINK IT AAAAHHHHH

...what?

Narrative causality, you fool!  The second someone says something like that, we're all doomed.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 01:39:20 AM »
A single cloud passes overhead blocking out the sun, giving particularly dark emphasis to Suspiriorum's and Lachrymarum's words.  A crow passes overhead and Swiss Army Man assures the three girls "I'm sure everything will be fine, you can't believe that simply saying things like that would make things bad, can yo-

Unfortunately, Swiss Army Man's last words can barely be heard over the sound of a rather loud explosion.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »
SEE?  I FUCKING TOLD YOU.

What was that?

DOOM, YOU FOOL!

But she...only just said...

WHAT?  DID YOU THINK IT MIGHT TAKE A COUPLE MINUTES BEFORE THE DOOM STARTED?

Calm down, Funnyman, we can deal with this.

WHAT PART OF "DOOM" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

...the bit where we're a superhero?

...oh, right, yeah.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:43:53 AM by DonQuixote »

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 01:52:53 AM »
Tenebarum: Hahaha~  Oops~
Suspiriorum: God dammit Tenebarum.
Tenebarum: I'll summon the elemental~

Tenebarum casts Summon Earth Elemental, expending 9 FP for a 100 point earth elemental.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 01:53:15 AM »
Casting
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 2, 6, total 10
against a target number of 16.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Time seems to slow down around all of you.  Funnyman is swinging his face around while having the 'told you so' of the century conversation with his alter-ego.  Tenebarum speaks a few words which sound foreign and strange to any who happen to be capable of hearing such things so shortly after an explosion.  Swiss Army Man only frowns as he brings his arms to his chest and swings them down quickly.  All of you see a rain of glass coming from the site of the explosion.  First Bank, which seems to have had its entire third floor blown out by a bomb.

A flash of an identity comes to mind for each of you [make IQ checks]  but perhaps your memories are fragmented by the blast resonating through you.  People begin to panic and rush away from the explosion, trying to escape from the glass

A humanoid mass of earth rises up near Tenebarum, the elemental, casting a quick gaze towards the shower of glass, quickly throws itself in front of it's master, deflecting the storm of shrapnel with its body.  Swiss Army Man turns on his heel and with a flick of his wrists, pans, aluminum cookie sheets, and other cookware items slip from seemingly nowhere.  as he rushes to a group of kids who tripped while running.  The glass rains down on them harmlessly.

A lone figure stands where the windows used to be.

He announces, using a megaphone:

Why Hello there, Roland and other heroes.  His voice is thick with a French accent.  I hope you don't mind me throwing you a welcoming party!  Catch me if you can!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:45:38 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 02:41:46 AM »
IQ Check

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 3, 4, total 13

Moshi moshi~  Twelve desu~

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 02:46:41 AM »
Tenebarum's IQ Roll
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 4, 5, total 13
against a target number of 14.

Suspiriorum's IQ Roll
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 3, 4, total 9

Lachrymarum's IQ Roll
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 3, total 13

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 12:32:01 AM »
The Funnyman's tumultuous mind has problems identifying anything going on immediately after the explosion, but he, along with Tenebarum and Lachrymarum would recognize the voice from anywhere in the city. 

bomb voyage

Suspiriorum happens to remember slightly more of the Faux French Foe.  His profile is that he is a Human who was made extraordinarily lithe and quite dodgy.  He fights primarily using homemade small explosives that can be quite painful if you aren't watching out.  As you can see, he is obviously capable of making more potent explosives, but he probably can't chuck them around willy nilly like he does with his smaller bombs. 
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 12:50:13 AM »
The Witches attempt IQ Rolls to determine whether or not the elemental is loyal to them.

Tenebarum's IQ Rolls
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 1, 4, total 8

Suspiriorum's IQ Rolls
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 2, total 7

Lachrymarum's IQ Rolls
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 2, 4, total 8

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »
The three girls get the vague sense that the earth elemental before them is quite loyal.  Perhaps the image of a puppy dog comes to mind...

Meanwhlie, bomb voyage disappears back into the building.  Cocky faux french dude.  He probably means to keep robbing the place until someone stops him.  You always do, but the amount of property damage that he will wreak is gonna mean a lot of unhappy civilians if you don't hurry up and stop him.  Swiss Army Man turns to the three girls and says "Can you handle this guy?  He's a clown.  I'm gonna get these people outta here before another-

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Swiss army man rushes to help some more kids, which seem to be milling about here in curious abundance.  Probably in a great enough number that Swiss Army Man will be occupied for a while.

Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
"Never fear, the FUNNYMAN is here!" I announce proudly before breaking into a flat-out run.  Gotta get to the building to pummel this frenetic French fucker.  Granted, I could take some time and fly on over there, but that's time a-wasted.

Besides, I like the punching glove.

Okay, so, I'm thinking that we can try to figure out the building's floor plan and plot the most advantageous angle--

James, James, James.  You're forgetting the most crucial part of my fighting style.

...which is?

"Think get in way of action!" I whoop at the top of my lungs, running all the faster.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 01:25:02 AM »
Funnyman:

You run fast.
Gotta go fast.
The girls see a whirl of colors and illogic speeding past.  Swiss Army Man, meanwhile, rescues a child from being trapped under a piece of steel rebar.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »
Tenebarum: Yeah~  We can take care of Bombs Man~
Suspiriorum: Protect the kids for us, okay!
Lachrymarum: *nods enthusiastically*
Tenebarum: Child of Mother Earth!  Go follow that Funnyman!  We'll meet up with you at the top~

The Six-Eyed Witches: Gods of the still air, lift us in thy embrace.

Tenebarum, Suspiriorum, and Lachrymarum cast Levitation, expending 1 FP each.

T: HP 6, FP 8  S: HP 6, FP 17  L: HP 6, FP 17
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:37:07 AM by Hanako Tachibana »