Author Topic: Campaign Thread V: Boobies in the Basement Make up for an Otherwise Dull Day  (Read 94359 times)

Offline radmelon

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 291
  • Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
(I'm assuming the zombeh killing group hasn't left yet.)

Teo overhears the conversation between Mustave and Sir Richard and wanders over.

"Yeah, it's pretty much "Punch Punch kick slap" a lot of the time. Practice makes perfect though."

Offline konnerthefirst

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 147
  • Love what you do
    • View Profile
( i guess it would make sense to bring the cleric along for zombie exermination)

JOseph heads off with the zombie hunters " Were off to kill the zombies!"

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Joseeph, Cusic, Ceushareth, Bartholomew (I assume, please inform me if im wrong), and Zachary head off to find the undead.

Dina and Nina escort the squirrels to the Broken Kneecap to keep them safe.

The Dwarves cordon off the house, put up signs, and have yellers screaming 'vermin patrol' out.  Businesses close.   Women take the children and elderly off the streets.  A grim line of hardened spider killing machines forms along with a sense of desperation.  A loud "Foom" announces the first spray bomb being set off.

!0 minutes later the dwarves flee the building,

Behind them are 4 million pounds of enraged dying spiders.

What do you wish to do :D

Offline RobbyPants

  • Female rat ninja
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 7311
    • View Profile
"I can only assume my faculties at stomping bugs have largely improved with this body. My name is Sir Richard Bigsley the Third, and I suppose it goes without saying, but I used to be a highly... well, a respected... Well, I was a wizard. My life experiences haven't lent well toward physical activity, but I suspect there's not so much to it."
"You're a metal wizard? Awesome!"


!0 minutes later the dwarves flee the building,

Behind them are 4 million pounds of enraged dying spiders.

What do you wish to do :D
How far away are they? I assume Mustave stood back at a safe distance. He currently has two daggers drawn in anticipation of danger.

Assuming there really are hundreds and hundreds of them, Mustave may try to climb the nearest building. He lacks AoE blasting. If needed:

(click to show/hide)
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
You have about 6 rounds before the spiders reach you unless they fall to the poison first

Offline jojolagger

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 253
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
When the first spray bomb goes off, Davven begins working on something. When finished, it appears to be a large tube similar to the one he used in the foyer. He then casts several spells into it, and a slight glow can be seen coming off parts.

When the spiders emerge, he points it towards the house, apparently waiting for the spiders to get close.

(click to show/hide)
Out of net access for a bit. Should be back late monday.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 11194
    • View Profile
Kintal watches the horde of dying spiders approach, looking somewhat concerned.

Offline RobbyPants

  • Female rat ninja
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 7311
    • View Profile
You have about 6 rounds before the spiders reach you unless they fall to the poison first
In that case, Mustave first puts his daggers away, then casts Expeditious Retreat. The next round he casts Spider Climb.

How big of an area are these spiders in?
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4346
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Bigsley mutters, "Was... was a wizard..."

He looks toward the ensuing spider swarm and says, "What I wouldn't give to be able to cast a nice fireball right now! I suppose improvisation will have to do." He appears ready to simply fall on top of a good volume of them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline radmelon

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 291
  • Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
(I had been going to fight zombies, but now that I see that there'll be a huge horde of spiders, I don't mind being left behind.)

"Awesome!"

Teo starts throwing rocks at the swarm of spiders.

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
oop!  sorry radmelon I thought you were on the non zombie list!

The current area is 5x10 robby, but that appears to be expanding.

As Kintal watches it occurs to him he has not found all teh hidden goodie places if there are this many spiders.

Offline Sir Shadow

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 275
  • You don't know me like that.
    • View Profile
(( yea Bartholomeow would go for the zombies ))

Offline RobbyPants

  • Female rat ninja
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 7311
    • View Profile
Bigsley mutters, "Was... was a wizard..."

He looks toward the ensuing spider swarm and says, "What I wouldn't give to be able to cast a nice fireball right now! I suppose improvisation will have to do." He appears ready to simply fall on top of a good volume of them.
"Oh my gods. I'm so sorry. I had no idea. It's okay, big guy. You're still big... and metal.

Yeah, Fireball would be nice, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. There's no way they can bite you or anything."



(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)



The current area is 5x10 robby, but that appears to be expanding.
I think I still have four rounds after the casting. Mustave can't do a lot to stop this many spiders. An illusionary wall would probably fail as they'd try to climb it and would go right through.

I'm assuming there are buildings I can climb. How tall are they? I'll likely climb up one and throw daggers/acid from up there.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Boobs the Dryad runs past everyone screaming "YAAAAAAHHH!" dual wielding iron flyswatters.  She disappears in a sea of spiders, but from the crunching sounds she's doing well. 

A Dwarf nudges Teo "Insane wimmen r' hawt."

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
round 2 and the spiders now reach a 10'x10' area.  Most of them are twitching, some appear to be dying, one even swears about revenge.

Offline RobbyPants

  • Female rat ninja
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 7311
    • View Profile
one even swears about revenge.
"Great. Zombie spiders next week. Or ghost spiders. Which are worse? Can ghost spiders poison you?"

Mustave ponders these things as he casts Spider Climb and climbs up the nearest building. If it's 20 or less feet tall, he stops on the roof and watches the spiders progress, getting ready to attack or run as the situation warrants.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:33:54 PM by bhu »
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline radmelon

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 291
  • Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
"Critter smashin time!"

Teo looks for the largest, flattest rock he can find and throws it into the swarm.

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
one even swears about revenge.
"Great. Zombie spiders next week. Or ghost spiders. Which are worse? Can ghost spiders poison you?"

Mustave ponders these things as he casts Spider Climb and climbs up the nearest building. If it's 20 or less feet tall, he stops on the roof and watches the spiders progress, getting ready to attack or run as the situation warrants.

You look to your left and see a translucent naked halfling chick floating in the air next to you.  She says "yup".

Online bhu

  • Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 14334
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
"Critter smashin time!"

Teo looks for the largest, flattest rock he can find and throws it into the swarm.

you aiming away from the dryad I assume?

Those of you in da zombeh party: where are you headed first?

Offline radmelon

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 291
  • Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
Yes, no friendly fire. Or friendly earth as they case may be.