Author Topic: OOC-discussion - three strikes you're IN!  (Read 39900 times)

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: OOC-discussion - three strikes you're IN!
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »
Yep, I'm still here :)

BP, I was wondering if it was possible to give me ownership of Aria's post in the public character sheet. I wanted to make it a bit prettier and work on the description a bit if I find time for it.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2012, 02:31:41 AM »
Umm, I don't think my mini-mod abilities can do that, but... it would be best to somehow port the post with formatting to a post of your own. What you could do is try whether you can edit your old post on the old boards. Then you can copy paste with formatting information.

Scratch that, you don't even have any formatting, or I didn't copy it. Just make a new post, I'll delete mine once you have that. This obviously goes for anyone who wants to edit their posts. I copied them all over in a bit of a rush, not thinking that you might want to edit your character sheets. I believe you can still edit posts on the old boards, because that's what I did.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:35:02 AM by brainpiercing »

Offline Sohala

• A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »
How do you want to continue?
Very good question. Even more so as I am unsure if they are friend or foe.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:27 AM »
That's the fun part: In this game you might never know who is a friend (or at least non-hostile) until you meet them. Basically, we have such a huge freakshow, that you shouldn't even be sure when you meet another PC. ("You look trustworthy...")

Offline Omen of Peace

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2012, 08:01:21 PM »
Hey!

I have a little more time (emphasis on little) and I remembered this game so I checked it out.
It's still going, which is nice.  :clap

From my perspective, though, there's not much room in there for me,
- in part because my character is Evil (Evil enough that associating with him would make the Exalted character(s) fall rather instantly)
- and also because the power level seems to have risen yet a bit more; it's above my comfort threshold. My PC is deeply flawed - on purpose - and quite inadapted to big fights against demons/mutants/... I know RP matters a lot in this game, but let's face it, the mechanics do as well.

I may reconsider my position in the future; in the meantime I'll keep an eye on things. Have fun!  :)

(BP, feel free to send Maƫl back to Ladydove in the meantime. We'll see how becoming a mutant works out for him and his political/religious manipulations!)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
Hey there. I wasn't expecting you to post, but it's really good to hear from you.

I have to say, yes, unfortunately, the power level has risen a little more. I feel fairly certain you could still compete, even without changing the character, but it's true, Mael doesn't really belong in combat (much), anyway.

Now... as long as you don't do anything actively evil you won't taint the others. I had sort of hoped to keep an evil team going, too, but with my own lack of drive for the game for a long while, this isn't very likely at this point.

So... I can take Mael back to Ladydove, no problem, or I can run some combat-free solo bits for you, as before. Other than that... well, it's all up to you. You are welcome at any time.

Offline Sohala

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
I'm blanking...Devanar follows which god?

Actually, what might be a good idea is a post of the NPC cast, those we have heard of or met.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
Devanar is a goodie goodie Neutral Good follower of Lathander.

I was going to do an NPC cast... Well...

Sirilon was mentioned earlier. He is some sort of powerful NPC who takes an interest in these matters,and who is affiliated with Ladydove. (He might be responsible for the contrast to the regular fluff, where all those towns in the south of Anauroch aren't actually populated much. )

Offline Omen of Peace

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
Now... as long as you don't do anything actively evil you won't taint the others.
Ah, but what are the odds of that happening?  :smirk

So... I can take Mael back to Ladydove, no problem, or I can run some combat-free solo bits for you, as before. Other than that... well, it's all up to you. You are welcome at any time.
Well, just don't kill him for now. Where he ends up matters little. :)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2012, 05:45:29 AM »
Alright, Mael is on his way back.

Isul and Torgthen have to decide whether they want to try hitting the portal. This will be very hard without magic, so I'm going to NPC Daelric just to make things credible - I hope Snizor won't mind. Not much, just some tactical support.

As to the others (Aria, Felgryn, Thor), I want to get you in on this base hitting mission, it will make it THAT much easier, especially as I can then drop Daelric. I'm hoping that once mthor has his character reworked we can get fully underway.  I can either have the riders come back, or you can stumble upon the infiltration attempt (thor's bird will be very nice to spot it), and spontaneously join in.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
I have to make an announcement: I am starting my new job tomorrow, and I will be travelling by car and spending a lot of time there, so I won't have a lot of time for posting. I am waiting to buy a tablet and then I'll take the train so that I can do my posting during my travel time, but it might take a few days. Posting may be sketchy until then.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2012, 01:01:44 AM »
Alright, apparently it won't be that bad. I won't be making page long posts right now, but I should be able to do the odd post in the morning before I leave or in the evening.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 01:08:08 AM »
Alright, main PCs (Torgthen, Isul) have to say go or no-go on this one. It's just a hook, you don't have to bite. Stuff will happen either way. Using Drannoth to get things going was a neat idea, but it doesn't make a decision for either of the two remaining PCs. NPCs will tag along with whatever they choose.

How is the other end going? Thor and Felgryn still have to make their moves, as far as I can see.

Offline Sohala

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
Oh, I thought the mention of his town being under siege counted.  :tongue Edited in his 'will go' bit.

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2012, 01:03:48 AM »
Yeah....well... I obviously didn't get it , so... let's just pretend it really wasn't enough :).

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »
Sorry, didn't have much time to post, been really occupied lately. Back on track, though!

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
Thistle Activated!

...for some reason I didn't get the notify...maybe hit the spam folder or something.

ANYWAYS...I'm a bit torn actually.  Great writing and characters here and that includes my own...

But...

BP, you're going to hate me for this. :facepalm:

I'm a bit bored by Felgryn.  Not the character, not at all but the way he is built.

Basically it's been so long that my understanding of the game has evolved.  This was my first DnD pbp game and when I started I made the MARC. Then I realized that all the choices I thought were so cool actually weren't that effective, or at least not for the level of optimization being used in this game...

so I scrapped it and made Felgryn.  Now certainly he is well written and conceived and built...the most complex goddamn build I've eve come up...figuring out the order of the classes to meet all the prereqs was maddening.

What I came up with was the most obscenely powerful melee character I could come up with, with a ton of attacks, doing a ton of damage (though not nearly as much as Aria...yikes!) every round, and with truly obnoxious amounts of AC.

So here is the rub.  My understanding of the game has evolved again.  I realized after that first nova round that I will essentially just be rolling the same full attack every round from here into perpetuity. 

Meanwhile I've discovered the Tome of Battle and how fun and interesting and tactical it makes melee, and I've discovered the joy of psionics.  I've discovered the genius of the Tomes.

So...I'm not sure what to do.  I like the story. Heck I like my character.  I'm not sure I want to rebuild him.  I'm not sure if I want to try making yet another. 

:???

I have a personal request for you BP, but I'll do that in a PM...

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »
yeah now I hate you.

:D

It's called D&D, mate, people find new things about it all the time. Actually, Felgryn has plenty of options even when not attacking - and then there's still Magnar. When you play ANY meleer you are often stuck with attack, attack, attack. It could be worse, it could be attack - block - attack -block.  More useless rolling.

The trouble is actually that he has it a bit too easy, and so you don't need to worry too much about tactics at this point, because you can beat down anything even remotely appropriate in one round. Which means that I have to make things interesting again for everyone by creating interesting tactical challenges.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2012, 01:12:54 AM »
I used to think the be all/end all was a brutal full attack-pounce.  Then  I discovered the Book of Nine Swords and suddenly melee is so much more fun and interesting to me.

What other options does Felgryn have that I don't know about (excluding Magnar)?

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
I remember designing all sorts of crazy BFC options... but maybe you don't have them yet. All the more reason to get going quickly. :)