Author Topic: Average vs. Stupid  (Read 1526 times)

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Chara did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
Average vs. Stupid
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Lets say we he two tribes of anthropomorphic felines (for example tigers). One is a normal tribe with normal people (an average anthro tiger with stats straight from the book) with average Int of 10 and only a few stronger but dumber individuals (but not below 8 Int). The other tribe's people differ from the first only in that they have the Feral template applied, which makes them stronger and more combat capable, but drops their average Int to 6.
Now, ignoring the Feral template's fluff and only looking at the difference in average Int, how different in your opinion would the two tribes look like? And when I say tribe I don't mean savages, only that they're tribal communities.
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay

Offline FlaminCows

• Push that button. Doo eeet.
    • View Profile
Re: Average vs. Stupid
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
At first I thought they would be completely different because of the different skill totals, but looking closer they aren't that different after all. The reason for this is that the typical NPC anthropomorphic tiger has only Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Swim as class skills from their 2 HD, and only 2+int modifier skill points per hit die (which takes off the sting of having 4 less Intelligence since you still get one skill point per level). Ones with class levels would be better off, but those would be exceptional examples and not the typical tribe member.

The primary difference between the two tribes is that the civil ones will have at least a few members with Craft skills and thus would have manufactured tools and weapons, while the feral ones will depend on their own natural abilities to hunt. Thus the feral tribe would pretty much just be tigers, except in that they walk on their hind legs.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:27:56 PM by FlaminCows »