Author Topic: Fast Paced Pathfinder Campaign(Interest Check)  (Read 12838 times)

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fast Paced Pathfinder Campaign(Interest Check)
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:08 AM »
I could possibly DM, but it would be my first time DMing a play-by-post. And while I may have a fair amount of DM knowledge & advice learning, I have little practical experience. If I were to DM it would be with a DMPC most likely.

Show of hands for those interested in a Pathfinder campaign.

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »
I'd be interested.

I'm in a more rickety boat than you (small/niche knowledge, less experience), so there's no way I'd be DMing.

But I do have to ask. How fast will this be? Because you've mentioned in the past that a post requirement of once a day would be what you'd like to aim for. And I'm definitely going to be have days here and there where I cannot post :(
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 05:05:06 AM »
I would like that everyone be willing/able to post fairly often, how often would you beable to post/update the campaign?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:07:27 AM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:05 AM »
Hm. Too involved in other things to have time left for this as well, at least at the moment. Sorry.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
I would like that everyone be willing/able to post fairly often, how often would you beable to post/update the campaign?

Most weeks I can post each weekday, sometimes multiple times.  And at least once on the weekends. However each month I have a period of possible inactivity for ~4 days.
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 03:43:43 AM »
That sounds like frequent enough to me.

But sadly I'm not sure if the campaign will ever get off the ground due to lack of interest. This forum seems to shy away from Pathfinder like it's the plague.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »
It's not that we hate pathfinder. It's just that we like our personal fixes to 3.X more. :p

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 07:17:12 PM »
What type of fixes? If it's homebrew classes, there's no reason they can't be used in Pathfinder(though after conversion of course, which is easy).

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
I think part of it is that Pathfinder has even more messed up feat trees?

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:42 AM »
I think part of it is that Pathfinder has even more messed up feat trees?

Easy enough to avoid using

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »
Right, just get rid of half of PF. :rolleyes

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Right, just get rid of half of PF. :rolleyes

If you're not interested then it's probably best that you refrain from posting in the thread.

Now as for those people who are interested and would like to be constructive, I was considering either running a module (Likely Rise of the Rune Lords) or an original campaign/setting.

Rise of the Lords' starting level would be 1

The original setting/campaign's starting level would likely be 6.

Which would everyone prefer?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:15:54 AM by ShadowViper »

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 12:52:33 AM »
If it's your first time DMing (ever or just on a PbP?) then I'd probably run a module unless you're comfortable that your knowledge/practical experience as a player can translate across to being a DM.
That's just me, though. With my general lack of DnD experience :p

I, personally, prefer starting at 3-5. Especially as it's a PbP (seems to be a larger possibility of it not working out long term). But I'm cool with going from level 1 :)

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »
As I said earlier, first time DMing a play-by-post. And while I may have a fair amount of DM knowledge & advice learning, I have little practical experience. If I were to DM it would be with a DMPC most likely.

As for options it's pretty much up to everyone who's interested.

1. Rise of the Rune Lords, level 1

or

2. Homebrew Campaign, Level 6

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »
No one else is interested?

Offline shawnrc@hotmail.com

• Lurker
  • I'm new to minmax but not to DnD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 04:52:15 AM »
As long as we can use 3.5 feats as well as PF feat I am game for home brew game...  Just got onto this site and looking for a group to play with.

Offline Rokku

• Lurker
  • sha ba dooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »
Having just showed up here myself, I say: homebrew game starting at 6 sounds like more fun.  I especially don't recommend PBPing Rise of the Runelords.  It starts out really slow and doing it in PBP format just exacerbates that.  My experience with PBP is that you need to hit the ground running and maintain that momentum to keep people from getting bored and wandering off.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 03:02:33 AM »
By my count we have three, possibly four interested.

Offline shawnrc@hotmail.com

• Lurker
  • I'm new to minmax but not to DnD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 03:06:58 AM »
Didn't you say you also had 4?  So lets get a list of those that are interested!!

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 03:11:33 AM »
I believe the list is as follows, question marks for those unconfirmed.

Flay? Ninja? Beat, Scout, Shawn, Rokku

Keep in mind this will be my first time DMing Play By Post and I've only DMed a few times in my IRL group. My only real concern is handling maps, my computer is a bit of a dinosaur.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:14:59 AM by ShadowViper »