Author Topic: Day One - Compass Rose  (Read 25285 times)

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
Re: Day One - Compass Rose
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
As she watches the end of the fight, Laoise's legs - and, for that matter, the rest of her body - finally give out as the adrenaline leaves her. She simply slumps down on her knees against the next tree, no longer bothered about staying hidden, and stares at the destruction wide-eyed.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
Lancer finally finds her in the ruined clearing, "Come on girly, let's not wait for Archer or Assassin to come investigate the ruckus. It's not that big a blast but if they come it won't be fun for you."
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
"..." Speechless, Laoise just nods and stands up, leaning on the tree, or tries to. She's shaking uncontrollably, though, and she's probably going to be stumbling more than walking.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
"Oh bother..." Lancer bodily picks her up and slings Laoise over his back, "Hang on tight!"

He blasts out of the park at breakneck speed for home.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »
"Wai-!" Laoise's first reaction to being hauled like a sack of potatoes is a small shriek. Then, she punches Lancer's back. "De- detour! Don't take a straight path home! We could be watched!"

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »
Lancer 'obediently' starts detouring through backyards and buildings, treating walls and fences as mere suggestions and more importantly, adding a significant degree of vertical motion to the already dizzying forward speed and turns. Where Laoise can't see he has a diabolic grin.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2013, 12:17:38 PM »
Lancer's roller-coaster antics aside, the trip back is uneventful, and soon enough the two are back at Laoise's house.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
Laoise's first order of business on getting home is to stumble into the restroom. After her stomach has stopped trying to relieve itself of today's lunch, she moves to make dinner for herself: A quick and simple curry, with zucchini, red onions, cauliflower, and red peppers, plus crushed nuts left over from the preparation of breakfast and lunch.

She sits down to eat her fare, and immediately sinks her head to the point she's almost dipping her hair in the sauce. "...What a disaster..."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »
Lancer leans back on a chair, feet on the table as he annihilates a piece of zucchini he had somehow liberated from her while she wasn't looking, "Disaster? I hadn't seen such a one-sided trouncing of an idiot in a while. Flower butt is dead the next time he picks a fight, neither of us are more than slightly tired. Just think of it as an invigorating workout. Mmm, good curry."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:36 PM »
"I'm exhausted. And after hours of preparation and setting up an ambush, I barely got him with a surprise attack. He's just the better magus. He probably would've ended up turning the tables if you hadn't shown up. And he probably didn't even have all of Einzbern's resources behind him. So even in the most favorable case possible, I can barely do anything against an opponent." Suddenly turned eloquent when it comes to the thorough examination of her points of failure, Laoise rests her head on the table next to the still untouched curry. "And then you basically destroyed the park. And stopped just short of giving away your identity."

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
"He looked like you had him pretty dead to rights there. Looking the wrong way while you roughed him up. Poisoned. Blasting away at the helpless shrubbery. Sending his Servant to pursue an enemy with superior mobility. Wasting a Command Spell to countermand his own choice of offense. Can't fight what you can't catch or find girl. I couldn't even put a scratch on Berserker myself.", Lancer skewers a bit of vegetable from where he sits, "Besides, most of the plants in the park are fine, just pruned the trees a bit. I aimed high, you know."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
"You would have beheaded me if I was standing." Laoise shoots Lancer a tired glare, but otherwise doesn't protest his taking pieces of her dinner. "...I've never been in a fight between magi like that, let alone in the Grail War. I never thought I'd be in one, either." Her stomach growls. Finally, she picks up her fork and knife and starts eating the curry, finishing it surprisingly quickly.

Dessert consists of apples - specifically, apples from the special apple tree in the garden, the one they planted six months ago when they arrived in Japan. Like the other saplings they planted, it draws mana from the environment, but it's unique in that it then saves it in its fruit. Lancer is very efficient, but Laoise isn't. She's used more prana on the fly tonight than ever before, so she picks two apples and eats both without cutting them.

After that, she decides to go to bed early over other activities, to get much-needed rest.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
"Psh. Like there was any risk. If he couldn't find you yet, you must have been hiding somewhere, and I figure you wouldn't be hiding in a tree." Lancer stretches, then dematerializes, "You did pretty well for someone on her first night out."

These last words hang in the air.

Offline Bozwevial

• Honorary Mod
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2013, 09:03:02 AM »
End of Day One.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon