Author Topic: Mutants and Masterminds - Unicorn tech guy help - New to the game  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Triskavanski

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Mutants and Masterminds - Unicorn tech guy help - New to the game
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
I'm working on a character for mutants and masterminds who's suppose to be the party's tech guy.

Using a little inspiration from Heavenly Nostrils, I came up with the idea of a unicorn (humanoid) who has the ability to access wifi via his horn. He designed technology to create wifi in a technological format.

So he's got access to dozens of banks of information (Kinda like The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes) that he can pull up rather rapidly.  He can also manipulate other computer systems, and the like. Combat, he's kinda lacking, not being too super hero there. But he's very much Mal or Han in that regard and would be using social skills in combat often.

The problem being of course the system is rather new to me, and I need help making sure I make an effective character. The one person in our group I talked to is far more a 'serious hero' type guy, and seems to be focused a lot more in how I can punch bad people, Or just assuming that I'm simply just a living hot spot. (Rather than the creator of wireless internet, or at least very close to that guy)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=29130

Thats my sheet.

Carebear syndrome - This power is basically the thing that makes it so people don't freak out that I'm a walking talking unicorn man. Based off the Carebear movie where the bears go down to earth and talk to people and no one even so much bats an eye. Happens a lot of times in comics and movies and such where you have not-humans suddenly interacting with humans, and the humans just act as if its normal.

Offline Fredgerd

• I'm newd!
    • View Profile
Re: Mutants and Masterminds - Unicorn tech guy help - New to the game
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
Which version of M&M is this? 1st? 2nd? 3rd? DCA?

I've never done 1st editition, but I've got some familiarity with all the others. 3rd is a decided improvement IMO, seeing as 2nd was really ambiguous.

Also, could you clarify what you'd like to be effective at? M&M is really flexable and basically anything is possible within the bounds of your PL.

Offline Prak

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Mutants and Masterminds - Unicorn tech guy help - New to the game
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
Sorry, this concept just made me think of this: