Author Topic: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom  (Read 168608 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom
« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:04 AM »
That didn't exist when I played pso2, I sorta said that.

The most that was available around the JP server's launch time was a guide to create segaIDs, installing the game, and working thru the main menu/char creation :p
Maybe some basic translation via screenshots for the important ingame menus and quest counters.

It was like walking 15 miles to school both ways in the snow!

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:35 AM »
For me it was only like 5 miles because I already knew basic kanji and kana. (The menus might as well have been in English, most of the stuff there is in katakana...)  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 04, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »
*pokes*

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 04, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
Yes?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 04, 2017, 07:50:33 PM »
idk, just seems to have died for a moment.
You probably don't want mouth-to-mouth :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #705 on: February 05, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »
Sorry for going missing, RL busybusybusy, hopefully will be able to update this more regularly for the near future.

Added a bunch of new/compiled fluff bits to the last post of the fluff thread from campaign discussions and what I've been writing on the last weeks.
Speaking of, I found the level list and I know you said they were to high in level but eh it paints a picture. And while trying to find it I also found I'd mentioned the tongue before.

Got some time to think about this and got a couple suggestions:
-Indeed, your NPCs are too high level, but what about making the top ones gestalt with lower level?
-Now about your wish for super magic society in what's supposed to be a mostly sci-fi setting, something I've been considering is that mass produced high magic works only really in some areas of the galaxy. Powerful magic beings can sustain themselves anywhere kinda, but if you want teleportation circles and magic factories those and their goods only work properly in some places. So that way you can have your magic kingdom and it doesn't automatically conquer everything else.

Here's some AA logos/add I did for fun with some spare time. Lots of stuff left that makes me wince that I'll hopefully find time to correct before long.

Oohh, shiny! :love Gotta add those when I get some time to update the fluff section.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
mass produced high magic, teleportation circles and magic factories.
Hmm, seems like I full on drew more of an idea of Eberron inside your head that more of an advanced FR conclusion. All well, that "magic-only works in X locations" is pretty much the Weave of FR. The idea of it deteriorating after Mystra was wiped makes a pretty sound reason to lose connection with Earth and better than I initially came up with.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 08, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »
Oh gawd fcking damn bullshite. I updated my MW sheet awhile ago but looking at it now it somehow rolled back. I know it was updated and saved too cause I have the updated info in the fckin quick reference spoilers too. Fckin' garbage.

Edit: Gosh. There's no record of what the hell I spent my 40k on either so I have go freakin go shopping again  :banghead

Here's an idea. Any Pure Mithril items on the market? :p
The hell does Pure Metal stuff even cost to buy...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:09:12 AM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:08 AM »
I feel your pain.  :-\
Maybe you had more than one open tab with your sheet details and saved the wrong one. Happened to me once or twice.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 08, 2017, 03:33:52 AM »
Our PMs really helped recover all my updates/changes but it's really the lost items kicking me right now  :pout

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 08, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
Speaking of, we free to change our sheets around now?  :P

EDIT: What level are we supposed to be and how much money have we got?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:51 AM »
Level 14. I think.

No idea how much money you're suppose to have. I only have what I'm suppose to have :p

That reminds me, nobody picked up the loot......
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:03:55 AM by ketaro »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 08, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
What loot? It was wreckage.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 08, 2017, 03:09:30 PM »
Of course not, Os had it destroyed  ;)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 08, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »
So previously I could use my Natural Weapons just fine and Ols even claimed it was intended for larger creatures to do so, add to this we've faced natural creatures in our mechs before too.

#1 D&D-nerf, all none-mech weapons deal minimal damage to mechs.
So ummm.... Is this still a thing? I mean before the point was creature/mech/arsenal melee had pros/cons but mech ranged sucked compared to all-melee & mundane/mech ranged so your patch was to banhammer creature weapons. Well since then you've added new mech built-in upgrades and quite a few arsenal ranged. Plus you've tweak the Size bonus too, if globally applied a Colossal+++ (mech gargantuan) Greatsword deals 12d6 instead of 24d6 but still has no props/attackbonus.

#2 Barrage Mode, you can fire everything once at-once.
How does this work with other weapons? Full on one of each, Natural Weapons kind of already do that and fit in just fine?

#3 The Interaction of Growth & "channeling" Natural Weapons
It really feels like there should be a "Amplify" Upgrade for Natural Weapon channeling, maybe a point each like Extra except the cap is based on how many you have. Then for damage, probably just taking it to Colossal + your size scale on top of that.

(image fail to load?)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:59:37 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »
#1 - Mech weapons deal maximum base weapon damage to non-mecha and non-mechas deal minimum base weapon damage to mechas.
This should not reduce the efficiency of of your mecha's natural attacks against other mechas since the natural attacks are mecha weapons. This being because the natural weapons are gained through a "self-buffing" class ability, so the mecha gets it too. They likewise inflict max damage to non-mechas.
We fought a beast that used natural weapons though it is quite possible that they worked on mecha scale all the same, so they would count as "mechas" for the purpose of mecha combat (despite having no arsenal nor in-built weapons).

When full attacking, a mecha may choose to either perform iteratives with a single weapon or attack once with any or all of its in-built and arsenal weapons, up to a total of weapons equal to their pilot level. In the latter case, all weapons after the first take a -5 penalty on the attack roll and only add half the relevant stat to damage, and cannot benefit from any precision damage
To make sense of how it works, I see that this is all about how iterative attacks are done within the full attack. The barrage mode is an alternative to normal iterative attacks.
Which means that the rest of the fullattack that doesn't concern the iterative attacks still apply; the meaning being you can still do natural weapon attacks on top of the iterative attacks even if the barrage mode is used instead.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:05:33 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »
#1 - Mech weapons deal maximum base weapon damage to non-mecha and non-mechas deal minimum base weapon damage to mechas.
If that's how it reads cool, but still @Ols, has anything changed on Natural Weapons because there still isn't anything reflected in the SRW rules.

As Andomander wants to try and point out, all Class Features are carried over. Except you still have to take the Upgrades to channel Breath Weapons so that's not true. But you still have a gray area of what if it didn't come from Class Features, like Warforged have a Slam, Shifters/Kobolds have Claws, etc.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 09, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »
No, like said, only self buffs. Things that improve your attacks work, but abilities that affects other targets require an amplifier.
Osle already confirmed that an android's racial Integrated Weaponry (except when a better arsenal level version is taken, in which case it specifically applies only out of the mecha), for example, is channeled so a natural weapons should pass as well. Though if there's an exception for natural weapons it would indeed have to be pointed out.
A breath weapon is specifically prevented since it affects others (though natural weapons are also technically an ability that targets others rather than simply improving existing attack modes).
Baha wouldn't needed an amplifier for the abilities that improves his breaths, for example.

The mecha uses the pilot's base saves, BAB, skill bonuses, feats, and self-buff class abilities for fighting(except Regeneration)
Spells that affect others, Psionics, Breath Weapons, Rays and other similar abilities from the pilot cannot be used while inside the mecha
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:18:15 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #718 on: February 11, 2017, 07:08:58 AM »
Oh gawd fcking damn bullshite. I updated my MW sheet awhile ago but looking at it now it somehow rolled back. I know it was updated and saved too cause I have the updated info in the fckin quick reference spoilers too. Fckin' garbage.

Edit: Gosh. There's no record of what the hell I spent my 40k on either so I have go freakin go shopping again  :banghead
Speaking of, we free to change our sheets around now?  :P

EDIT: What level are we supposed to be and how much money have we got?
Ah, yes, you're supposed to have leveled up to 14 and the AA will soon be transfering 40k meseta to each of your accounts.

Here's an idea. Any Pure Mithril items on the market? :p
Yes, pretty much anything up to masterwork level, anything higher will need to be custom-ordered.

The hell does Pure Metal stuff even cost to buy...
Do the math. :P

So previously I could use my Natural Weapons just fine and Ols even claimed it was intended for larger creatures to do so, add to this we've faced natural creatures in our mechs before too.

#1 D&D-nerf, all none-mech weapons deal minimal damage to mechs.
So ummm.... Is this still a thing? I mean before the point was creature/mech/arsenal melee had pros/cons but mech ranged sucked compared to all-melee & mundane/mech ranged so your patch was to banhammer creature weapons. Well since then you've added new mech built-in upgrades and quite a few arsenal ranged. Plus you've tweak the Size bonus too, if globally applied a Colossal+++ (mech gargantuan) Greatsword deals 12d6 instead of 24d6 but still has no props/attackbonus.
None-mech weapons still deal minimal damage to mechs, but your own mecha/power suit allows you to count your natural weapons as mecha ones.

#2 Barrage Mode, you can fire everything once at-once.
How does this work with other weapons? Full on one of each, Natural Weapons kind of already do that and fit in just fine?
They'll count as in-built weapons.

#3 The Interaction of Growth & "channeling" Natural Weapons
It really feels like there should be a "Amplify" Upgrade for Natural Weapon channeling, maybe a point each like Extra except the cap is based on how many you have. Then for damage, probably just taking it to Colossal + your size scale on top of that.

(image fail to load?)
No need to spend extra upgrade points, just works by default.

Basically if it's shooting/throwing something out there, you need an Amplifier, otherwise your mecha is supposed to be customized to take advantage of them or can be adapted on the fly for it.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »
Fine I'll math later. Quick question first.

Nanoarmor takes the armor slot, yes? What if you're already wearing armor? Does the nanoarmor overwrite it and negate the worn armor; do you simply just get the higher of the 2s armor bonus; or does nanoarmor not activate at all if your armor slot is already full?