Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167677 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2017, 03:00:07 PM »
In this episode, Purple Maid gets to choose between two fates worse than death.  :P

Katherine is welcome. Hugo only asks that she watch his back.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Research in assorted fields of nano physics. Last 4 years I've been literally spending more days setting up/calibrating vacuums for experiments than not.
That sounds both boringly tedious and interesting at the same time.

Any cool discoveries?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
I know it's not what's meant, but I like to believe that this means advanced physics research is being done with vacuum cleaners.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2017, 05:04:18 PM »
I know it's not what's meant, but I like to believe that this means advanced physics research is being done with vacuum cleaners.
Maybe he once found twenty bucks under the couch then?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »
In this episode, Purple Maid gets to choose between two fates worse than death.  :P
Another regular day in her life then. :p

"Survived working under the supervision of Hugo Lotushand" looks great in a curriculum too.

Research in assorted fields of nano physics. Last 4 years I've been literally spending more days setting up/calibrating vacuums for experiments than not.
That sounds both boringly tedious and interesting at the same time.
It is. One eventually sees nice things, but there's days/weeks/months of repeating and calibration in between.

Any cool discoveries?
One can set up a ball of Iridium atoms in the millimiter scale around 1E-9 K with a team of just three dudes and a budget around just a million euros, 2D GaSe can make for really economic gas detectors with precision in the PPT range, and one can use CVD to grow up SnSeS heterostructures.

Another bad perk of the job is that you need to do the lab floor cleaning yourself because you can't trust normal cleaning employees to not knock something important/sensitive.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2017, 07:24:58 PM »
Another regular day in her life then. :p

"Survived working under the supervision of Hugo Lotushand" looks great in a curriculum too.

Save that for after he's done working with her.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
Updated my character sheet to the new material available, considering Peace Princess progresses arsenal after all.
I'd like to know what her Leadership score would be for followers so that I'd update those she has available.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »
Updated my character sheet to the new material available, considering Peace Princess progresses arsenal after all.
I'd like to know what her Leadership score would be for followers so that I'd update those she has available.

Eerr, character level+Cha mod as normal?

Also how are you taking Android and Animated Object without the hybrid-feat again?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
Unlike your other monster classes, Animated Object levels are added to a base race, rather than including it. Unless there is something I am missing.
I took a crossbreed level to have both animated object and android as a base race. I can work around the problem if needs be.

Eerr, character level+Cha mod as normal?
I mean, whether there are other modifiers applicable, as per the feat and Leadership description.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:36:45 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:34 AM »
R0S-3774 ; MIN-YUNG 旻融
The Many As One
Animated Object 9| Boss 1 | Gate Guard 1 | Saint 2 || Peace Princess 4 | Support Staff 3 | Super Pilot 2 | Boss 1 | Real Pilot 1 | Machinery Warrior 3
I don't see any crossbreed level in there. Although that looks like only 13 levels on the non-pilot side so I guess you simply forgot (and there's a mention of crossbreed hidden lower in the post, plus no mention of the AO's default trample anywhere).

As for leadership, just use level+Cha mod for now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:18:11 AM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »
Speaking of things, I had a thought about how I never cast any of Baha's Spells in combat back when I was looking into Turbo Operational Universal High Overcharge Utility for Divine Flame. Love Colored Magic doesn't have any forced prerequisites (like having to take a special feat as some of the others) but the Discipline mentions Prepared Spells in a couple Maneuvers even through all Pilots are Spontaneous Casters, presumably it's fine to cross things over?

I also thought about picking up a Martial Item to learn a Maneuver from it instead of trying to chase Divine Flame given it's required Fire Subtype. What Slot would it use or do you share Anomander's thoughts?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2017, 12:31:19 AM »
Forgot to put it there indeed. Crossbreed should be in the level progression spoiler. I didn't put the trample thing in there since I consider it obsolete. Didn't make a class feature spoiler for it since it does little beside granting a base race and making you count as if you were that race when it is to your benefit. Though I should probably add it, still.

As for martial discipline items, I think the rule is that when they have a requirement the requirement must be filled for the item to work. You couldn't get an item for a forbidden discipline without the feat for it, same goes for Ancient Temple and so on.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:35:15 AM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2017, 12:57:53 AM »
I think the rule is that when they have a requirement the requirement must be filled for the item to work.
:eh
Love Colored Magic doesn't have any forced prerequisites (like having to take a special feat as some of the others)
Yes I would need Netherworld Gardener for Ancient Temple but currently there is nothing listed for LCM.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:07:22 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2017, 01:03:26 AM »
Speaking of things, I had a thought about how I never cast any of Baha's Spells in combat back when I was looking into Turbo Operational Universal High Overcharge Utility for Divine Flame. Love Colored Magic doesn't have any forced prerequisites (like having to take a special feat as some of the others) but the Discipline mentions Prepared Spells in a couple Maneuvers even through all Pilots are Spontaneous Casters, presumably it's fine to cross things over?
There's a feat to allow spontaneous spellcasters to prepare spells I believe. Or you could just go for the maneuvers that don't specifically need prepared spells.

Also notice you still need to be able to cast spells as part of the maneuver, so wearing Pure Metal wouldn't synergize very well.

I also thought about picking up a Martial Item to learn a Maneuver from it instead of trying to chase Divine Flame given it's required Fire Subtype. What Slot would it use or do you share Anomander's thoughts?
I'll let you pick the slot.

As for martial discipline items, I think the rule is that when they have a requirement the requirement must be filled for the item to work. You couldn't get an item for a forbidden discipline without the feat for it, same goes for Ancient Temple and so on.

Clarification,  Forbidden School items are explicitly, well, forbidden. Even if you have the feat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:07:37 AM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »
Also notice you still need to be able to cast spells as part of the maneuver, so wearing Pure Metal wouldn't synergize very well.
Yeah, back and forth on that.

So if I dump the Pure Metal armor for the +8 Hardness against everything then I also can dump the Light Armor Proficiency Feat and maybe take Guardian which gives +[2+(hd/4)] DR each round once it kicks in. Combine with Yell and area attacks/spells, defensive weapons, or just plain shooting multiple people or getting shot and round 1 is no bonus but round two gives +8 or +16 if you Yell again, and the bonus just keeps going up too (anyone need a new defensive tactic?). It's pretty tempting but potentially a paperwork nightmare.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:12:05 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »
Do level 4 support staff minions start with a base?
If so, where would it be? Parum feels pretty far and technically the Protectora is not just a place where stuff happens but an actual battleship, which I don't think bases are meant to be built within.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
Katherine is definitely enjoying working with Hugo lately  :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2017, 05:14:39 PM »
How concerning.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
Do level 4 support staff minions start with a base?
If so, where would it be? Parum feels pretty far and technically the Protectora is not just a place where stuff happens but an actual battleship, which I don't think bases are meant to be built within.

Correct, but you can assume there's a big asteroid in orbit around Ragol big enough to set up shop.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
Neat. Could it be that some of Mao's lower level followers are still working for her in Parum, mostly doing clerical work, or must they have all migrated to Ragol?

Eh, tough luck. The only useless mineral. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:01:25 PM by Anomander »