• View Profile
Rules
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »
house rules
•Starting level:6-th
•Alignment: Any
•LA Buyoff: None, sorry.
•Flaws/Traits: 2 flaws and 1 trait.
•HP: max for 1st level, average or roll for levels after that. Provide a invisiblecastle link if you roll please.
•Only medium character optimization please. We all have different meanings of this, but no extreme cheese will be accepted.
•Character wealth: Standard for 5-th level - Magic items are less availible in Ravenloft then other Campaign Settings.
•Sources allowed: All D&D 3.5. Other sources allowed on case by case basis, such as dragon mag or 3.0 web enhancements etc. All specifically allowed sources need to still be run through me for possible adjustments. Also when you choose a campaign setting to be from, I would like it if you kept to that specific campaign. Example: your from Eberron, but have all forgotten realms feats. Try to stick with a theme.
•Setting: Ravenloft.
•Ability score generation: 32pt buy
•Cross-class skills are bought at the same rate as regular skills. The cap on ranks still remains.
•There are no multiclassing penalties, even though none of you would have used them anyway
•Nightsticks stack
•No homebrew please
• You can only wear 8 "constant effect" magic items at a time. Single use items like potions don't count against this. Wands don't count as "attuned" items, but staffs do. We're dumping the "body slot" system entirely. You can totally wear 8 magic rings if you want to, but that will be all the magic items you can benefit from at once. You can own more than that, but swapping them out will usually take 15 minutes of "attunement".
• Armor and weapon crystals don't take up an item slot or need to be attuned.
• Item Scaling bonus. For every 6 levels you have a magic item attuned to your character it gains a free +1 bonus enhancement.
The rationale for both the 8-item attunement limit and the scaling bonuses is that most magic items are powered by your own chakras/lifeforce/soul, and each soul can only power eight at once. Very minor items, such as potions and wands, do not draw enough of this power to matter, but more powerful ones do. Likewise, more powerful souls can boost the magic items attuned to them more than weaker souls can.

Character Speech, Actions and OOC talk: Character speech will be done in a Colored text. Actions and narrative will be done in Normal text. OOC talk will be done in (( --- )) . Pretty simple, I'm sure most of you are familiar with this format already.

Dice Rolls: We will be using http://invisiblecastle.com/  The built in roller for all DiceRolls. Please make separate rolls and provide them in a spoiler. So it might look something like this..

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:59:17 PM by dna1 »
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
Alright. So as we approach the start of our game I figure I would go over some formatting.

I will be making two threads, one for our Story and one for Combat.

All rolling not made in a encounter is ok to post in the Story thread. Sense Motive and the like.

All rolling for combat including initiative will be done inside the combat thread. We will be using Pyromancers for mapping encounters. Now since some creatures in RL have custom stats or abilitys, I wont be giving monster stats out freely. In those situations, when your action comes just RP and post as you normally would. When the monsters turn comes around I will summarize what happened and post, meaning if your attack was successful or whatever.

The dice rolls covered above.

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:04:32 PM »
Combat Continued:

Using Pyromancers.
 in the combat thread i made the map on pyromancers. for those not familiar here is the run down.
we can all take our turn on there. move your own token, add AoE's etc. then hit save and pass turn, it will give you a new URL to post.

the site hosts all its own info, you can make maps or link a already made one.
its pretty cool but the avatars for the tokens that the site comes with really suck..
you can add a custom token if you want, and i would suggest doing so. just find a avatar, send me the URL and i will include it next time i make a map.
here is where i found my avatar of the smoking tiger, and there is over 600 others. but on the map would no longer be a animated gif obviously...
http://s68.photobucket.com/user/Angevon/library/rogifs/monsters?sort=3&start=all&page=1
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:07:22 PM by dna1 »

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:07:34 PM »
Because it's come up already, everyone needs to check out the Taint rules. On pg 62 in Heroes of Horror.  Certain times in RL you will be forced to make horror checks. A failed Horror check can result in either 1 point of Depravity(Mental Taint) or Corruption(Physical Taint).

If you fail the horror save you gain 1 point of Taint, depending on what type the situation is will determine if it's mental or physical taint. If either form of taint gets higher than your Constitution modifier you can start to manifest symptoms. Such as a phobia for depravity, or perhaps a Odor of Decay if physical.   :devil

Edit: Until restoration, heal, or greater restoration is cast.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:09:08 PM by dna1 »