Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 153012 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
Completely off topic but I just realized that I'm in the top ten posters for the whole board!   :o

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
It looks like a 3rd level effective barbarian with WF would get two extra attacks then, wouldn't he?  Normal rage with that fix would be +6 str, +4 con, -2 AC, +1 extra attack at no penalty, while WF would be +6 str, +2 AC, +2 ref, +1 no penalty attack, + another attack for -2?  I hope I got those numbers right?
I haven't decided how the fix affects ACF versions of rage (WF, Ferocity, etc.).  The idea was to have vanilla rage not be automatically worse than those other things... if the fix applies to WF as-is too, then WF is still a better option.
Ah, I see where you're coming from.

+6 str, +4 con, -2 AC, and an extra -0 attack
versus
+4 str, +2 AC, +2 ref, and an extra attack for -2 to all.

Chances are the raging character doesn't care as much about AC and Ref saves as the extra attack, but for someone who isn't sure if those can be shored up it is something to think about.  Even though my character gets con to AC I'm still having trouble with this choice.  Well done!  I'll get back to this once I've had some sleep.  lol

And I'm not sure if it was clarified: Do warlocks and dragonfire adepts require that arcane focus too?  There's nothing about spell-like or supernatural abilities, though I'm guessing lowering the CL on those would screw a lot of monsters over, hence why SLAs and Sp aren't mentioned  I think I just answered my own question didn't I?   :lol
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:08:34 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 12:10:16 PM »
Ah, I see where you're coming from.

+6 str, +4 con, -2 AC, and an extra -0 attack
versus
+4 str, +2 AC, +2 ref, and an extra attack for -2 to all.

Chances are the raging character doesn't care as much about AC and Ref saves as the extra attack, but for someone who isn't sure if those can be shored up it is something to think about.  Even though my character gets con to AC I'm still having trouble with this choice.  Well done!  I'll get back to this once I've had some sleep.  lol
Thanks!  And if you're doing more than just dipping barb, vanilla rage is definitely superior.  Which gives an incentive to stay in the class.  I'm pretty happy how that worked out.

And I'm not sure if it was clarified: Do warlocks and dragonfire adepts require that arcane focus too?  There's nothing about spell-like or supernatural abilities, though I'm guessing lowering the CL on those would screw a lot of monsters over, hence why SLAs and Sp aren't mentioned  I think I just answered my own question didn't I?   :lol
Yes.  Haha.  No, they don't need foci.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
Completely off topic but I just realized that I'm in the top ten posters for the whole board!   :o

I'm not too far behind you at 13.  Then Perce is #1.  Woohoo!

Perce, expect a party once you pass 9000 posts.  And probably for the 5000th you'll assuredly get today.  How that'll work over these forums I have no smegging clue.  Time for me to sleep!  *snooze*
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:17:37 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »

Perce, expect a party once you pass 9000 posts.  And probably for the 5000th you'll assuredly get today.  How that'll work over these forums I have no smegging clue.  Time for me to sleep!  *snooze*

WTF #11? HOW?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

WTF #11? HOW?

That was pretty much my exact response when I saw I was #8!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
Also, the male to female ratio is large but still smaller than I expected...

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:01 PM »
Also, the male to female ratio is large but still smaller than I expected...

See, double posts like this are how nans got so high.

just kidding!
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
It would explain a lot but I dont double post and am only like 300 posts behind...  :twitch

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »
I'm just more popular than you.   :P

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
Considering you have 100% more respect with only 20% more posts that is probably true  :banghead

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Considering you have 100% more respect with only 20% more posts that is probably true  :banghead

Aww, now I feel bad.    :-\

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
How do you get the statistics for a single board?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »
How do you get the statistics for a single board?

By this board I meant this message board, aka this website.   :p

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »
I forget what my post count is, so I'll post just to see it. Either way I'm far less active aside from PbP.
Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »

Well, I'm behind on post-count and I get no respect, I tell ya! No respect! :P

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »

I would +1 this post, but I can't. :P
And I cannot find anything in your recent posts that really stands out to Respect you at this time. But don't worry about Nanshork being more popular than you; Garryl is far more popular than any of us except SirP. But SirP has practically 5x the number of posts to explain his number. I think Garryl is making back room deals for Respect.  :lol
Hmm.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »

And I cannot find anything in your recent posts that really stands out to Respect you at this time. But don't worry about Nanshork being more popular than you; Garryl is far more popular than any of us except SirP. But SirP has practically 5x the number of posts to explain his number. I think Garryl is making back room deals for Respect.  :lol

:lol

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »

There is (was?) someone who went around upvoting every post with content of the handbooks he found interesting. I've got 20-something posts between Free D&D and the Handbooks Index. You do the math.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
I guess my own Shadowcraft Mage spellbook is a little niche for that sort of upvoting lol