Author Topic: Drow PrC Draegloth  (Read 9287 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Drow PrC Draegloth
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »
Traditional Major still gives full free casting progression when you switch to another class...

Lolth's Diploma Traditional male is not very clear on the " can be reassigned once a turn as a free action, but once its used it can not be reused unless it misses". First, how is the reassignment supposed to work? Say you have a quickened magic missile prepared in a 6th level spell slot and a fireball on a 3rd level spell slot? Can you move the quicken from the magic missile to the fireball? And then a fireball can't exactly miss (nor can a magic missile), so you can never use the reassignment ability ever again? :psyduck

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »
Ok hopefully that fixes the confusion

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
One more thing, for the male graduate's ability to permanent memorize one spell permanently, it may be useful to have some guideline about if you can start with spells already permanently memorized that way if you're starting play with a high-level Draegloth (and if yes, how many spells already memorized at game start).

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 12:43:31 AM »
Tried to reword it but maybe I should add you can only use these abilities for spells gained as a draegloth and only for hit dice that are from draegloth? Idk

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 04:20:22 AM »
Something along the lines of "A Draegloth PC/NPC starting at lv5+ can have a number of spells already permanently memorized equal to their highest casting stat mod". I don't think it's that OP that it needs to be limited to spells learned during Draegloth levels only.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »
As they still have to be spells in his spell book for them to be memorized for the day it's more fluff than an actual advantage. More like a saving move vrs having their spellbook stolen or destroyed. Honestly I have never played a wizard I just assume they need to read the spell from their book to cast it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 02:23:35 AM »
As they still have to be spells in his spell book for them to be memorized for the day it's more fluff than an actual advantage. More like a saving move vrs having their spellbook stolen or destroyed. Honestly I have never played a wizard I just assume they need to read the spell from their book to cast it.

They only need to read the spellbook to prepare the spell, but not for actual casting.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
oh... i will have to redesign it my bad.

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 07:36:26 AM »
Ok let's see if that works Better