Author Topic: Faster Paced PbP Campaign interest check  (Read 52652 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Paced PbP Campaign interest check
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
Only one question left before I finish off the mechanical stuff (picking maneuvers, skills, and working out total mecha stats):

Is the 'extra physical ability on level up' benefit from Exemplar Specimen retroactive?

AKA, if I get it at level six, do I get the extra from level 4?

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 08:49:03 AM »
No. You would start gaining it at 8 HD at best.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »
Okay, complete aside from one feat and working out the mecha's full stats.

Probably taking a relationship feat, but I'm waiting for all the characters first. XD

Anthropomorphic Animal 6/Titanic Creature 2/Monster of Legend 2/Warblade 2//Super Pilot 12

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:26:47 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2013, 04:06:34 PM »

Read the intro fluff at the start of the thread. From there, yes, make a regular D&D character like for your usual adventuring campaign.

Altough I must point out the other two current players are a medium-sized dragon and a divine sentient chunk of rock, while Raineh Daze is making a winged humanoid good outsider that is not an angel. So the party itself will be more exotic than your average band of humanoid adventurers.

I'll definitely give it a look and try to make a quick decision. On these forums I'm used to "odd" races being in the parties.

-Raineh Daze
-Soro
-Ninja
-Ketaro
-Nytemare3701
-Harald

Hmm, yes, does sound like a bit full. If you're still interested however keep up an eye on this thread to check if someone drops during recruitment.

While the possibilities sound cool, my preference still lies with Medieval Fantasy for D&D. I'll keep an eye on it though, might even give me time to think of things and come up with something heh. Jumping into a genre you're not used to playing can take some time to fully get around head around it.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
Now that I had time to have a closer look everything looks fine. Go ahead and do the gear and backstory!

Woo, awesome ^^

Edit: Well I finished my gear and dropped a blurb in the Personality box. Honestly though, I'm rather stumped on what to do for backstory...
Katherine Matr Yoshka
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:59:16 PM by ketaro »

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »
For the Fire Emblem campaign, will the characters still be the leaders of the kingdom?

At this point I'm not sure if I'll join, I'm in quite a few 3.5 campaigns already, and one of those campaigns is mixing things from different worlds/genres. If it was Pathfinder I'd be more interested in it,  And not even sure what type of character I'd make for the campaign. If it was say Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, etc, it'd be easier for me to come up an idea/get inspired. I think I may just be getting too hung up on the joining of Nintendo worlds.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »
Now that I had time to have a closer look everything looks fine. Go ahead and do the gear and backstory!

Woo, awesome ^^

Edit: Well I finished my gear and dropped a blurb in the Personality box. Honestly though, I'm rather stumped on what to do for backstory...
Katherine Matr Yoshka

What's that picture meant to be?

And why have you taken Improved TWF and Greater TWF when you have Mystic Dream? :???

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2013, 03:52:45 AM »

What's that picture meant to be?

And why have you taken Improved TWF and Greater TWF when you have Mystic Dream? :???

I just like to have an idea of what my character looks like, especially when I wouldn't quite know how to begin to describe what she might look like with the Nano Armor active >>
Prolly not wholly accurate but close enough that I liked it.

And did I miss something about Mystic Dream that says it counts as all 3 of the TWF feats instead of just the first? I guess I should double check that. I thought all it did was count as normal TWF and also fill as a prereq for TWF feats  :-\

Edit: Well dang, Mystic Dream does give me the iterative attacks that I would normall need Improved TWF & Greater TWF to get....
Guess I got 2 feats to re-pick xD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:56:41 AM by ketaro »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:24 AM »
The requirement for Mystic Dream is staying in an Ancient Temple stance, though.

More, 'please link a larger version of the picture' than 'why have a picture'. XD

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2013, 04:19:19 AM »
The requirement for Mystic Dream is staying in an Ancient Temple stance, though.

More, 'please link a larger version of the picture' than 'why have a picture'. XD

Oh, you can right click it and click "View Image" to see it full sized.

Yeah, I'd have to be in an AT Stance. Guess its fine, I only have 1 stance that isn't Ancient Temple. :)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Damn! I take the weekend off the internet and I lose an opportunity like this! :shakefist
Or is there still room?  :huh
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
Damn! I take the weekend off the internet and I lose an opportunity like this! :shakefist
Or is there still room?  :huh
There's currently 5 players making characters. There's room for 1 more.

For the Fire Emblem campaign, will the characters still be the leaders of the kingdom?
Pretty much. The "official" ruler and all of the other main headfigures of the state went missing, so the  party has to take up reigns of the kingdom.

At this point I'm not sure if I'll join, I'm in quite a few 3.5 campaigns already, and one of those campaigns is mixing things from different worlds/genres. If it was Pathfinder I'd be more interested in it,  And not even sure what type of character I'd make for the campaign. If it was say Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, etc, it'd be easier for me to come up an idea/get inspired. I think I may just be getting too hung up on the joining of Nintendo worlds.
To be honest, I'm not really into any of the "big" D&D campaign settings. I'm running the City of the Spider Queen based mostly on what it's on the module itself, tried some Eberron campaigns but just couldn't get into it, barely know anything about Greyhawk, just had some glances at Dragonlance. Most of my D&D experience has always been custom settings.

Which reminds me, earlier on I forgot to mention this extra Fire Emblem camapaign fluff I wrote for that campaign, may help you get inspired.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:57:56 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
So, is there anything I need to fix in the above thing?

How do I go about working out my mecha's exact combat stats? (For a start, how many attacks does it get?)

And finally... how do I fluff a half human, half raven living nuclear reactor super pilot for this? XD

EDIT: Also, that link is broken.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
So, is there anything I need to fix in the above thing?

How do I go about working out my mecha's exact combat stats? (For a start, how many attacks does it get?)

And finally... how do I fluff a half human, half raven living nuclear reactor super pilot for this? XD

EDIT: Also, that link is broken.

Don't have time for a full sheet check-up right now, but attacks work as regular attacks with manufactured weapons for a regular character. One attack normally, iteratives with a single weapon, you can attempt to attack with all your stuff in a full attack but then you take penalties as usual. Grab multiweapon fighting and friends or stick to a single weapon.

Fixed link.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
So what do extra basic weapons do? :???

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
As my understanding goes...
You start with two "built-in" type weapons.
They are melee weapons and deal 1d6+StrMod with a Crit of 20/x2.

* The "Main" Upgrade increases one of these by Size and change the Str gain to +1.5 (as if THF). You can take "Main" twice more to improve Crit Range & Multiplier to a maximum of 19/x3.
* The "Extra" Upgrade adds an additional built-in (see above). At level 12 you can have 3 of these for a total of five attacks.
* The "Hyperdimensional storage" Upgrade adds 25 Arsenal points. At level 12 you can have 3 of these for a total of +75 on top of your base 50 (spellcasters have no base arsenal).
* Arsenal is capped at level 3, or (III) weapons. I make a joke about my Built-Ins wielding guns and oslecamo's only counter point would be that I'd have to own the guns. The Charka Caster has the highest damage, +3d6+Str (via Power), costs 30 Arsenal.
* Refined Armament(I) costs 5 Arsenal points and increases the damage of one of your weapons by +3.
* The Mighty Upgrade lets you Power Attack using Energy, Main weapons are doubled.

Massive Offensive Advice
Take Extra x3, Main x1, Mighty x13, Mysterious Power x2. Targeting x13, Hyperdimensional Storage x2. Costs 36 Upgrade points of the 48 points you have. Assuming you buy those Charka Casters you'll have:
Main Weapon +13Mod Ranged (4d6+Str+26) & 4 Built-Ins +13Mod Ranged (3d6+Str+13).
Costs 23 Energy but you regenerate +24 per round and draw off a 120 Energy Pool. So while honestly in short fights you don't even need that second Mysterious Power, taking it lets you freely bombard your opponents every single round.

You'll have 12 Upgrade points and 25 Arsenal points left. I'd pick up armor but if you want full Glass Cannon then pick up Refined Aramentx5 out of your Arsenal points and Progressive Edge x5. Leaves you with 2 Upgrade points left but now your weapons ignore 1/2 their DR. Which is kind of important, my mech is stated for pure defense and even with the 3/5 scale on base stats I have over 20 DR which is enough to negate most of the above damage if it lacks Rending.

@oslecamo can I get an ok on Easy Metamagic? It's Dragon Mag and does the same thing as RotD's Practice Metamagic, -1 Meta costs.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:52:52 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
If there is one thing I don't need, it's ranged weapons. Pretty much supersonic flight should cover 'ranged' pretty well. :eh

... also, I just wanted to know how attacks work, I don't want to be instructed in what I 'should' be taking, based on some non-existent reasoning that I should be using ranged weaponry. Basically deciding whether I ought to change the 'Extra' options to something else based on melee penalties as if TWF. Also, if I want ranged attacks, I've got plenty of maneuvers for that (including the non-mecha, ever-so-cheery 'toss a miniature sun at them'). :/

I am reminded that I forgot to pick stuff from Arsenal, though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:55:47 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
Posted this yesterday but I think it got lost at the end of a page

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:27:08 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
My only comment is: 'that's a lot of skills'. @_@

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
I got the images up for mine last night.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)