Author Topic: Sky Ruin  (Read 13049 times)

Offline MrRoboto

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Sky Ruin
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »
If a character with penalties to their fort save from this school used Mind Over Matter to replace that save with their concentration check, would the penalties carry over?

How would you feel about a Construct or Undead character taking this school?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
Yes to the first.

If a construct/undead takes this school, is kinda of a gamble, since altough they're tecnically immune to most Fort effects out there, they're not immune to all Fort effects out there.

And most of my homebrew happens to include immunity-piercing clauses, so if you're using it, there's plenty of opportunities to easily finish off an undead/construct that tanked their Fort save.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
When you fail a Fortitude save, you lose HP equal to twice your current Forbidden Price. When you succeed on a Fortitude save, you lose HP equal to your current Forbidden Price. You must always roll a Fort save when called even if you would be immune to its other effects.

What is the Forbidden Price? It's not mentioned in this school.

The last line about always needing to roll a Fort save ect ect, is that only in relation to this school's specific maneuvers? Or is it like if you're immune to Death Effects from a random not-this-school source, if you know this Forbidden School you still have to make a Fort save for Death Effects?

Lastly, does this mean this Forbidden School does not have a permanent penalty like all the other ones have?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 06:43:11 PM »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
Oh, well okay. That answers the first question, thank you. Maybe the third too.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »
As Anomander pointed out, the Forbidden School costs have been standardized.

The last line about always needing to roll a Fort save ect ect, is that only in relation to this school's specific maneuvers? Or is it like if you're immune to Death Effects from a random not-this-school source, if you know this Forbidden School you still have to make a Fort save for Death Effects?
Yes. You wouldn't be affected by the Death effect itself if you failed, but still take damage from the Forbidden Price.

Lastly, does this mean this Forbidden School does not have a permanent penalty like all the other ones have?
Marvelous Mt. Ooe and Corpse Voyage work like this one now too, just for Reflex/Will saves.