Author Topic: Greater Fairy (racial class)  (Read 2736 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Greater Fairy (racial class)
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »
Greater Fairy

"Ordinary fairies are weaker than humans. Greater fairies are mightier than other fairies."
-Zun, Greater Deity

Powerful fairies that stand above their kind, mastering dabbling on a mix of martial techniques and danmaku barrages combined with developing their natural resilience to overwhelm all who cross their path.

MAKING A GREATER FAIRY
Abilities: The abilities a Greater Fairy would want depend heavily on the choice of her school.
Races: Only fairies may become Greater fairies.
Alignment: Greater Fairies come equally from all alignments, all eager for any reason for a fight.
Starting Gold: 1d4x10
Starting Age: As fighter.

Class Skills
The Greater Fairy's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft(Any), Diplomacy(Cha) Hide (Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Jump(Str), Knowledge (Any), Listen (Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Perform(Cha), Profession(Any), Spot (Wis)
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + int)x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d12

Level
Base
Attack Bonus
Fort
Save
Ref
Save
Will
Save

Special
1st+1+2+0+2Idiot, Maneuvers, Danmaku Destiny, Fairy Fate
2nd+2+3+0+3Fairy Fate
3rd+3+3+1+3Fairy Fate
4th+4+4+1+4Fairy Fate
5th+5+4+1+4Fairy Fate
6th+6/+1+5+2+5Fairy Fate
7th+7/+2+5+2+5Fairy Fate
8th+8/+3+6+2+6Fairy Fate
9th+9/+4+6+3+6Fairy Fate
10th+10/+5+7+3+7Fairy Fate
11th+11/+6/+1+7+3+7Fairy Fate
12th+12/+7/+2+8+4+8Fairy Fate
13th+13/+8/+3+8+4+8Fairy Fate
14th+14/+9/+4+9+4+9Fairy Fate
15th+15/+10/+5+9+5+9Fairy Fate
16th+16/+11/+6/+1+10+5+10Fairy Fate
17th+17/+12/+7/+2+10+5+10Fairy Fate
18th+18/+13/+8/+3+11+6+11Sparkly Scion
19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+6+11Sylph Stance
20th+20/+15/+10/+5+12+6+12Fairy Fame
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: 4 simple weapons, 1 martial weapon, Light, Medium and Heavy Armor

Idiot (Ex): A Greater Fairy doesn't know how to speak or read/write any language by default. She can either spend one skill points for speaking common and then another two for reading/writing or she'll learn to speak if she multiclasses into another class.

Maneuvers: A Greater Fairy chooses a martial school and picks three first level maneuvers and one first level stance from it. At each level up she may retrain one of her maneuvers of stances for another of a level she has available, 1+(1/2 Greater Fairy level). A Greater Fairy can ready all three of her known maneuvers, and they recharge automatically at the start of her turn provided her Fairy Fire is active (see below). Unlike most other martial classes, the IL for a Greater Fairy is simply equal to her own Greater Fairy level.

Danmaku Destiny(Su):Each level of Greater Fairy increases the range of Danmaku Mook by 5 feet and its damage by 1 as long as the Greater Fairy is under the effects of Faerie Fire.

Fairy Fate(Su): At the following levels the Greater Fairy gains some of the following spells as permanent effects on herself with CL=Greater Fairy level that cannot be dispelled. The Greater Fairy may also end  any one of them herself as a swift or move action, and restart them as another swift or move action.

(click to show/hide)

Sparkly Scion (Ex): At 18th level the Greater Fairy becomes immune to all damage from her element while her Faerie Fire is active.

Sylph Stance(Ex): At 19th level the Greater Fairy learns a second stance from her chosen school, but can only switch stance while her Faerie Fire is active.

Fairy Fame: At 20th level the Greater Fairy gains +9 to all ability scores (except Int) during her element’s season (in the case of Sun, during the 6 brightest hours of the day, for Moon during the 6 darkest hours of the night, for Star there’s a 25% chance this ability activates eacy day)

PLAYING A CLASS NAME
 Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
 Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
 Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
 Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on.

CLASS NAME IN THE WORLD
"A quote of somebody else talking about your class!"
-name of quote originator
A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
 Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
 Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
 Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
 This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

CLASS NAME IN THE GAME
 This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
 Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
 Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

EPIC CLASS NAME

Hit Die: dx
Skills Points at Each Level : x + int
Class Ability: The Epic Class Name's Class Ability continues to advance at 21st level and every x levels higher than 20th.
Class Ability: The Epic Class Name's Class Ability continues to advance at 21st level and every x levels higher than 20th.
Bonus Feats: The Epic Class Name gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:45:21 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Fairy (racial class)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
Reserved.

So basic idea here is an easy to build and play class for those nameless super-tough fairies that can unleash quite a bit of danmaku. Thus they only know three maneuvers and only one stance until much later levels, along numerous defensive buffs and full good saves and Bab plus D12 HD.

Offline Dragonexx

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »
So is this supposed to be an NPC class?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
I intended it to be fine for PCs too, as long as you don't mind being limited to three maneuvers and one stance along a bunch of passive buffs that negate your own stealth.

Nerfed Ref save progression to bad since all three may've been a bit too much.

(also fixed skill points per level it was still x...)