Author Topic: Introduction (read this first!)  (Read 3361 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Introduction (read this first!)
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
Touhou Battle Grimoire basically aims at bringing beatiful martial arts that somehow combine lasers with tormented souls, spiritual swords, doll armies and all the other touhou crazyness into D&D. I'll be using ToB-style schools as a base, but bear in mind since I enjoy higher-powered games, the power of the material around here will also be higher powered than your average ToB school. Still weaker than the top level maneuvers like "End the Sun if you're a drow or vampire" Iron Heart  Surge and Infinite Turns Works White Raven Tactics.

If you don't know what Touhou is, shame on you and here's a little intro.

Interaction between TobHou and spellcasting:

The classes in this work possess a heavier magical component than those in Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords, and interact with spellcasting-related feats and prestige classes in a similar manner to the warlock (Complete Arcane).

While they cannot qualify for feats and prestige classes with a spellcaster level requirement (since they cannot cast spells), members of these classes can meet caster level requirements by using their initiator level in place of their caster level. Likewise, prestige classes which advance spellcasting ability may be used to advance the maneuvers of one of these classes instead. This does not apply to characters who gain access to these disciplines through other sources (such as the Martial Study feat).

Maneuvers from the schools in this work count as arcane spells of one level lower for meeting prerequisites, except for Dream Battle, Riverside View and Lunatic Princess which count as divine spells of one level lower. An initiator of one of these schools does not possess spell slots, however, and cannot benefit from abilities which require the expenditure of spell slots or prepared spells (such as Arcane Strike or Spontaneous Healer).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:08:59 AM by oslecamo »