Author Topic: Handbook of Extraordinary Abilities Project  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Meangineer

• Lurker
  • Searcher of the Great Lore
    • View Profile
Handbook of Extraordinary Abilities Project
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:06:34 PM »
Handbook of Extraordinary Abilities Project

Keepers of the Fantastic Lore, I salute you!

I've been wandering the wastelands of the Internet for a while in a quest for a powerful, yet still hidden source of knowledge: a document inventoring all the most amazing Extraordinary ablities D&D 3.5 has ever featured.

As you already know, SRD says that "Extraordinary abilities, though they may break the laws of physics, are nonmagical, don’t become ineffective in an antimagic field, are not subject to any effect that disrupts magic, and they generally do not provoke attacks of opportunity. They are, however, not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training. Using an extraordinary ability is a free action unless otherwise noted." I would also add it is quite difficult for a standard character to find/acquire some.

On my way, I figured out that I wasn't the only pilgrim searching for this mythic list, for different reasons (but mostly for polymorphing and anti-magic efficiency). Then, I discovered this forum, this Ancient Library of Alexandria and I went through all the scrolls available without finding an explicit list as the one I search. I have the idea of how it should be, but I don't have all the knowledge we collectively have to fill it properly and thoroughly. This is why I summon your help (if you wish).

Since I launched the idea, I volunteer myself to create the template in which we'll share the info and to summarize and structure the array of documents we have to scan through (so we don't do the work twice or thrice). We will also need:

1) A whole crew of willing searchers to cover the ocean of knowledge, source by source;
2) Some scribes to help format the information and put it in its right place;
3) Critiques to evaluate the info (accuracy, pertinence (is it really an Ex ability?)).

I hope this project will interest you.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:09:21 PM by Meangineer »

Offline Meangineer

• Lurker
  • Searcher of the Great Lore
    • View Profile
Re: Handbook of Extraordinary Abilities Project
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
SCROLL FORMAT
or
"How to put the information clearly for everyone"

Offline Meangineer