Author Topic: The Official (Unofficial) Consolidated Guide to the Artificer (that is Tier 0)  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Arcanist

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Dreaming the Red Wizard's Dream...
    • View Profile
I am considering fusing the 2 Artificer Handbooks into a singular one with basic content from the Cost Reduction Handbook and the Artificer Bargain bin.

Would this see ANY support?

On a side note: I am so happy that title fit... Unfortunately, I could not fit discussion so... yea... :(

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
The Tier 0 claim was rather inflammatory the last time, too.

Quickstart Arty basically takes a pile of the Cost Reducers.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Arcanist

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Dreaming the Red Wizard's Dream...
    • View Profile
The Tier 0 claim was rather inflammatory the last time, too.

The Tier 0 handbook as well as the claim towards it was blatantly false. It is badly written, opinionated, and highly dubious in it's claims. Albeit the Artificer is indeed a Tier 1, the existence of a Tier 0 would suggest that someone can spontaneously cast every spell they know at all times (Sure, the Erudite and the Artificer can do this but the Erudite can do this at max 11 times per day and the Artificer is left with impractical casting times for his Infusions).

Uncanny Forethought, Wizard is theoretically Tier 0. StP Erudite that somehow knows how to spontaneously cast Divine spells as well and through his Psi Crystal using shenanigans (so they never use a Unique power known) would be Tier 0. If Wizards and the like are Tier 1 because they are versatile and need preparation, shouldn't T0 be Versatile without preparation? Being able to wreck the campaign without time OR preparation, which regardless of build the Artificer very much needs.

Quickstart Arty basically takes a pile of the Cost Reducers.

Something flew over my head here.