Author Topic: Psionic Tricks Handbook Discussion and Brainstorming  (Read 1819 times)

Offline kalaskaagathas

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
Psionic Tricks Handbook Discussion and Brainstorming
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:01:02 AM »
I keep meaning to return to the old Psionic Tricks Handbook, to add detail where detail is needed, add a coherent structure rather than a simple list, and to generally pretty it up.  Unfortunately, I keep attempting to do it in one fell swoop, and real life has a way of keeping us from our grand projects.  I am still working on it, bit by bit, and I hope to get back on top of it soon.  I am still taking input on the tricks therein presented, and I'm always interested in new tricks.  With that in mind, I thought I'd post this thread here, in the Handbook Discussion here, so that any like-minded individuals may join in my project.  Also, I've added a new trick - well, a corollary to a couple of the other tricks, at least.  I call it "Siege Mode," and it's a T.O. combination of the Mad Minute Trick and the Psionic Dreadnaught.

Anyways, I'll be making some additions when I can in the next couple of weeks.
-KA
Fortune, good-night: smile once more; turn thy wheel!

Call me KA

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Psionic Tricks Handbook Discussion and Brainstorming
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
Jaunter provides all those yummy teleport abilities, and
the PsyWar Soulbound weapon acf is psychoportation.
PsyWar 6 can get Spring Attack.
PsyWar 2 / Martial Monk 1 is the cheesier way.
Then throw in the specific Psiotheurgist feat
to snag the Jaunter CLs over to the psi side.
Of course this needs recharge to not drain ppoints.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Mithril Leaf

• View Profile
Re: Psionic Tricks Handbook Discussion and Brainstorming
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
Something that might be worth adding is an asterisk or something next to all the tricks that still work in Pathfinder as psionics is one of the few good things going on in that system and not a whole ton has changed. And hey, there's no good pathfinder psionic tricks handbook yet.