Author Topic: High-End OOC thread  (Read 180877 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
Refluffed NA bonuses?
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
Huh.

I turned mine into a thin layer of plasma/inexplicably hard energy, pretty much. :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
You seem entertained on the IC, so I'll wait until you finish fooling around before making you enter Ragol's atmospheres.

It would also be nice if you have your characters fully polished out when that happens.

Actually I planned on using his Infusions, repair/disable, & knowledge out of combat. Which shouldn't be too big of a deal given no access to the rather abusive one. I did use PB25 rather than none-elite array through.

Now that's ok, altough remember mechas are immune to non-damage effects from non-mechas smaller than them unless they affect an area bigger than the mecha. Even benefical ones.

Jokes aside, good to know. What about a more local reception? Local signals and radio waves.

Depends heavily on the planet. In a place like Parum, you can get 50 meseta devices for easy, almost instantaneous communication with other willing people you have the contact of and are willing plus basic databases (altough the Android Administration can and does jam communications in certain areas to "help keep order" as they see fit).

Planets with more exotic atmospheres and/or less communication infrastructure will demand more expensive devices for worst results.

(click to show/hide)
In a colony ship? 1 meseta each.

Also in case it wasn't obvious, 1 meseta equals 1 gold coin.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
Ship size: huge.

Biggest mecha: gargantuan.

Hmm.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »
Alright!
The mission being briefed as occurring on Ragol, it would probably have gone to fetch such equipment for the members of the group it met so far for the purpose of emitting signal between the devices across the distance of a small city or so.

Should the youkai forged blades be arsenal I weapons, seeing how those are the only slashing weapons I am proficient with?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »

Hmm.

Do Ship sizes adhere to the same rules as Mecha sizes? Because that wouldn't make any sense at all. Just like how Mecha scale is much larger than normal scale, I thought Ship scale would be much larger than Mecha scale?  :???

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »
Nope, they work on the same scale (and ship needs to dip Super Robot for 4 levels to fit the biggest mecha and anything else... though I'm fairly confident that by that point you should be able to squeeze a comfortable chair into the mecha cockpit), with the ship size ranging from Huge to Colossal. It can fit one mecha of its size, two of a size smaller, four of a size below that, etc.

Though it's probably too small if we have more than four pilots with medium or large mecha anyway.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
Should the youkai forged blades be arsenal I weapons, seeing how those are the only slashing weapons I am proficient with?
Yes.

Hmm.
That would be correct. The ship would need to start at least at colossal mecha size to be able to fit that.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »
Have the ship ride the mecha. Problem solved.  :D

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »
Nope, they work on the same scale (and ship needs to dip Super Robot for 4 levels to fit the biggest mecha and anything else... though I'm fairly confident that by that point you should be able to squeeze a comfortable chair into the mecha cockpit), with the ship size ranging from Huge to Colossal. It can fit one mecha of its size, two of a size smaller, four of a size below that, etc.

Though it's probably too small if we have more than four pilots with medium or large mecha anyway.

Huh. Well I guess 16 medium sized mechas is a decent number for Colassal. For something called a massive mobile base :/
I guess I'm just picturing, like, Star Wars sized battleships :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »
Seems small to me, too, but it's most likely a compromise to make it playable.

Because I haven't posted it in this discussion, yet. Why, yes, I do like this scene. :p

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2013, 02:10:40 AM »
(click to show/hide)
In a colony ship? 1 meseta each.

Also in case it wasn't obvious, 1 meseta equals 1 gold coin.

I didn't necessarily buy it on the colony ship, but 1gp is fine.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »

Huh. Well I guess 16 medium sized mechas is a decent number for Colassal. For something called a massive mobile base :/
In my defense, Star Wars battleships are big even by sci-fi standards. They're 1600 meters by 1015 meters after all.

On the other hand the noah-ship classes from Super Robot wars, considered some of the biggest around that setting, have around 500-600 meters length and 250-300 feet wide.

Plus you need to take in account that spacing in D&D is kinda generalized. A purple worm has 80 feet length fluff-wise. Still fills only a 20 feet square. Tarrasque is 70 feet long and 50 feet tall. Still fills just a 30x30 square.

Similarly, a battleship that "just" fills a 30 mu square will actually be much bigger. It's just that the "core" of the ship that really matters, with the engines and command bridge and main weapons, fits roughly in a 30 mu square.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »

In my defense, Star Wars battleships are big even by sci-fi standards. They're 1600 meters by 1015 meters after all.

That's a mere Destroyer, there are bigger things in the SW universe...
The funny thing is, when I hear Battleship, I'm thinking of this :
(click to show/hide)
:p
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
You're right, Star Wars does make them bigger.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
Your chart is off concerning many 40k ships ;) basically, a Lunar cruiser is 5km long.
Biggest official ship describded is the Universe class Mass Conveyor, clocking at 12 km long on average, but there are bigger things in the fluff, for instance, a Transport named the Miserichord about 16 km long.
For a proper scale, go there, choose your home city, and then put a starship over it.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »
Executor class from Star Wars is still over 17 km long, toping all of that.

Anyway fluff writers dick measuring contests aside, I expect everybody to understand how impratical it would be to have kilometer-long ships in combat where everybody else is still working on meter/feet scale.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
I guess it would be impractical, but they're still cool  :rolleyes

Ah well.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
The SDF-1 Macross.

Discuss.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
Ship Captain 10/Super Pilot 10. Macross was the main inspiration for the super robot/ship multiclass rules. :P

EDIT: For more detailed stats, it could be colossal +++++ picking up Growth 5 times, meaning it can carry 512 medium-sized mechas, or 1024 small sized ones. Valkyries are definetely on the smaller mecha scale.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:04:52 PM by oslecamo »