Author Topic: Out of Character chat  (Read 46618 times)

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Character chat
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
imgur is also a site you can use as a backup when photobucket is down, but we can do without maps too, not like i cant follow along
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
and the cleric was swinging at me but thought he couldnt move from the spell, when he moved i thought, hmmm
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:07:32 PM by ZanKhellendros »
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
Im guessing a cleric of vecna would be more adept at keeping secrets from me even with my investigator skillz, im worried the elf is just hired help and doesnt know anything, im thinking of questioning the witch if I get a chance.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
I imagine the window is almost to the ceiling. I'd like to put the elf in there, take out the bed and pile some hay in from of the window behind some boards to cover it up. And put the dead body of the cleric in the cell across from him.
The window is in the door, about head-height. There are now windows to the outside in the cells. The doors are staggered so that one prisoner cannot see into the window of the doors across the hall.
hmmm, that changes things, no mind games isnt really a negative, just not a bonus

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »
So I guess instead
-----------
I'll tell sorsha "If he asks about his companions tell him their dead. I'll start with questioning the witch tied to a chair upstairs when she wakes, I'll have some of these infernal books and her journal with me. She may get chatty with me if she sees that I can read what she has written. Keep a ear out for me. Just make sure you keep yourself safe. Once I've spoken to both we can lock them all up downstairs and figure out what to do for the night. While reading these points on the map could be of interest so anything crossing over between should be of note while comparing our finds.
Have you ever heard of this Dame Luciana before? "

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
Ive had a post open most of today, working on it in pieces, kinda turned long, ill incorperate sorshas question too

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
You can combine components (which would make sense) although the game doesn't really track it. Checking if your spells contain (inexpensive) components basically just checks if you have a spell component pouch and if you're grappled or otherwise restrained from getting your components.
We had talked about this serval times and I had remembered that but thought in game it would be something a person would do, even if its so small an amount, i thought they would also pick things off the ground and scavenge supplies whenever convenient also

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
I don't really have any system for that. I could see basing it off Int or Wis, but I really don't know.
Well, real world, its just how often you do it, the more you read the better you get, those weird tests with reading upsidedown writting or where the letters are all mixed up, letters are just symbols and the more familiar your brain is with recongnizing those pictures the faster you can cognitively do it. Now everyone is different and some have certain cognitive downfalls that make it difficult. Int / wis would be half of it, a record of known words, the smarter you are the larger your word memory would be, and speed would be practice.
Maybe hooking reading to a particular skill or set of skills, like knowledge. (this may sound a little self serving but i think it makes sense  :teach) Adding up a person total in any/all knowledge skills known would be an accurate representation of how much reading they have done in their life.
But I'm not overly concerned with this, as long as you have a plan for me getting the information i need to continue with the quest that isnt 'spend five years reading all this' then im good  :cool

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
So, she is awake, now.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »
EPIC LONG POST IS EPIC LONG

I'll check again today, its just , F@CK that took me forever

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
I dont have as much experience that you do with the forums, and your coding helps too, keeping track of what starts and stops where. I know you have talked about trying to find errors in your code at times and how time consuming that can be. I get lost over and over again with where im at in the post, i add lots of extra space and spread out some of the breaks in paragraphs to help me but only a little and then i have to undo all the editting and sometimes while doing that i screw something up and have to start over with that section, im getting better each time. i think it would help if i didnt try to fit so much in to one post. i just get over excited and try to give you as much info so you can give me extra info with your next post.
 Ive been helping dad with a sidejob the past few weeks and we finished tuesday so ill be at the pc more

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »
How did you do tonight, how much did you win?

Im planning out my questions  :plotting

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
How did you do tonight, how much did you win?

Im planning out my questions  :plotting
I won $17 between the four tournaments.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »
awesome, winning

Sorry I havent posted yet. I was actually waiting to ask you for leahs new number last night to text her, but didnt want to interrupt your cardplaying. But right after you texted you were done my sister called the house all wasted ass drunk. Ended up turning into a huge drama, me and mom were up with her til almost 3am. Ugh.
Leah texted me this morning so I assume it was you, thanks man, was good to hear from her .. well, not 'hear' lol but you know. She never actually said who she was, i guessed and she said 'well yeah' 'it isnt the pope' lol
Anyway, faith seems to not be feeling well, i was gonna suggest maybe both of us come for a while before her bedtime and then i could come back later but guess ill just try to show up after bedtime,
which because she is sick i get to do earlier   :lol
So ill try to post after lunch here and ill hopefully see you this evening

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »
She and I talked on Facebook. She asked if you still had the same number.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
I realize when asking questions like 'do you think' or 'believe' whatever that person may anwser will be of a subjective nature. While not knowing something generally peoples opinions are based off of a combination of what they actually know and what their minds think is most likely (filling in the blanks so to speak) or what they personally want and you can read between the lines of this information to find nuggets of truth. It would mostly be useless but I don't really want my character to read all those books and the journel may be the most helpful thing to keep me from having to do that but she could have some personal theories that she may not have written down but with all the personal information already in that journal it is unlikely that she would leave it out. Plus she is striking me as someone who doesnt have a fanciful side rather being more of an empirical natured personality.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:32:54 AM by ZanKhellendros »

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »
"Well most may have some faith, the gods are out there after all. "
Minor nitpick: people probably wouldn't use the word "faith" for the very reason that the gods obviously exist. The reason that word is used in the really real world is because the religious have never been able to prove their claims.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
that is very true, i would have used belief of some kind, as in believing in some dogma of one or an assortment of dieties to be more important then others, or something like that, but yes, faith implies a leap into darkness that isnt empty and everyone knows it isnt empty
 :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow 0:) :argue

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
Was on twitter and saw this tweet amoungs all these idiots saying we shouldnt allow refugees

"most people who have tweeted no to #SyrianRefugees are the same people who tweet #AllLivesMatter."

And she was in the minority, the syrianrefugee tweet is trending right now and most are christians saying 'im not racist but ...' i can only imagine facebook is that much more horrible at this moment with this paris propaganda driving the masses of morans berserk.

This one guy asked michelleobama how many refugees were moving into the whitehouse and i responded "how many are moving into your house" ..

Fucking humans are so fucking stupid it drives me bonkers

Ive moved into your camp, religion is just a bad idea that almost everyone cant handle and should be taken away because they cant play nice with it
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:05:52 PM by ZanKhellendros »

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
sorry, all pissed off about lots of stuff and this stupid shit, its just the feeling of being trapped on an island with a bunch of people looking, actively looking, for a reason to kill eachother over the land we live on ... any reason at all, and its fucking scarey