Author Topic: Game Thread  (Read 79064 times)

Offline Kenderbrained

• "You can't take the sky from me"
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:40 PM »
I will return back to the others, There's that human guy and two gnolls, no sign of a human girl. The way they are talking, that human male was part of some deal to sell the girl, or not sell, maybe he just likes little girls, who knows, then again, girls are useful for many things, but they do tend to whine a lot, not really worth the cost of any payment I'd think.... wait, gnolls, yeah, they talked about heading back to meet with the rest of their camp, they are going to head out soon I think and as much as I hate to admit this, I'd rather three against 4 than face a full camp of them.  Either way human girl isn't there, she's been dumped elsewhere, guess this means we need one alive *Screws up my face in a sullen pout contemplating the idea of keeping one alive* maybe as long as we can kill them afterwards, never cared much for gnolls...
"We'll either leave our footprints in a field of ash, or go out in a blaze of glory" ~Gadalar, FFXI <3

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »
I will return back to the others, There's that human guy and two gnolls, no sign of a human girl. The way they are talking, that human male was part of some deal to sell the girl. Gnolls they talked about heading back to meet with the rest of their camp. Guess this means we need one alive

"I agree, and actually I'm tempted to follow them back to there camp but time is important for this missing human girl. If it was some kinda of trade off for her maybe their payment is in the black bag Karl had and the guards interrupted them. Some details could be gathered from the payment itself. But we definitely need Karl alive, and again he may not know everything, lets try to keep a gnoll alive as well. Do we have any magic on our side, Kale and Vájinn you both look like casters of some sort, anything that could help us subdue these creatures for questioning? "
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »

Just the three of them and no sign of the other two that went down with the guards?...We should be watchful encase they are hiding in wait.  Don't want to fall into the same trap that the guards did. but we should leave one alive for questions. we can always track him back to their camp after.

Answering Drog's question about casting, I can cast, however I have other talents that will become apparent shortly.  Perhaps this will help to get you ready for a fight.

Vájinn begins to speak the words of a spell:

(casts Bull's strength on Drog: 1d4+1/3 hours
Rolled 1d4+1 : 1 + 1, total 2
)

(waits a minute (or round) and casts it on himself as well 
Rolled 1d4+1 : 1 + 1, total 2
)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
OOC: In 3.5, Bull's Strength is +4 Enhancement to Strength. Note, if you already have a +1 Enhancement bonus on your Str from being 3rd level (which I think both of you do), this will be a net increase of three points.

I've changed these spells from 1 min/level to 10 min/level, so it's good for 30 minutes for the both of you.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »
OOC: In 3.5, Bull's Strength is +4 Enhancement to Strength. Note, if you already have a +1 Enhancement bonus on your Str from being 3rd level (which I think both of you do), this will be a net increase of three points.

I've changed these spells from 1 min/level to 10 min/level, so it's good for 30 minutes for the both of you.

(OOC:   ok, sorry everyone, didn't realize there was going to be that large a a difference between 3.0 and 3.5. Add in the house tweaks and the spell wont do a whole lot of good.  What do ya wanna do? let it roll? or  do we want to omit the casting?)

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »
OOC: Bull's Strength will be a net increase of three points 10 min/level, so it's good for 30 minutes for the both of you.

(OOC:    What do ya wanna do? let it roll? or  do we want to omit the casting?)

OOC: I'll take a plus +2 attack and damage for sure to crush some gnoll face  :bash
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline kalel78

• Lurker
  • May the power of the winds guide me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 02:46:41 AM »
I will return back to the others, There's that human guy and two gnolls, no sign of a human girl. The way they are talking, that human male was part of some deal to sell the girl. Gnolls they talked about heading back to meet with the rest of their camp. Guess this means we need one alive

"I agree, and actually I'm tempted to follow them back to there camp but time is important for this missing human girl. If it was some kinda of trade off for her maybe their payment is in the black bag Karl had and the guards interrupted them. Some details could be gathered from the payment itself. But we definitely need Karl alive, and again he may not know everything, lets try to keep a gnoll alive as well. Do we have any magic on our side, Kale and Vájinn you both look like casters of some sort, anything that could help us subdue these creatures for questioning? "

to Drog:  "I can create a toxic cloud that may cause the gnolls to become nauseated.. though i will need to be close to the creatures.. will that suffice?"

OOC:  cloud of bewilderment:  this is a 2nd level spell that causes nausea (stun?) for 1D4+1 rounds.  Fort save negates.  Range:  25' (25'+5 every two levels).  Area:  10' cube.

DC:  The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an aeromancer's spell is 10 + the spell level (2)+ the aeromancer's Charisma modifier (4)=16 DC
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:12:16 AM by kalel78 »
Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler 2 pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the fed budget

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
(OOC:   ok, sorry everyone, didn't realize there was going to be that large a a difference between 3.0 and 3.5. Add in the house tweaks and the spell wont do a whole lot of good.  What do ya wanna do? let it roll? or  do we want to omit the casting?)

Given that both of you have odd Str scores including the +1 Enhancement bonus you get for your level, the +4 bonus from Bull's Strength will bring you both up to an even score, so this will net a +2 bonus to your Str mod for 30 minutes.

OOC:  cloud of bewilderment:  this is a 2nd level spell that causes nausea (stun?) for 1D4+1 rounds.  Fort save negates.  Range:  25' (25'+5 every two levels).  Area:  10' cube.

Nauseated means that the target can target(s) can only take a move action. So, this means they can do things like walk, stand up, crawl, and retrieve items, but they can't do things like run, attack, or cast spells.

Here is an online summary of all of the conditions in 3.5. I'm using them as-is:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/conditions.htm

DC:  The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an aeromancer's spell is 10 + the spell level (2)+ the aeromancer's Charisma modifier (4)=16 DC

I'll have to apologize on this one. The text you quoted is basically in the class for legacy reasons. There is a house rule (in the caster section, buried in that 80 page document that I wouldn't expect you to have found) that standardizes spell DCs. For any spell a caster casts, the DC is always 10 + 1/2 his level + his casting stat mod. Note, that is the caster's level, and not the spell's level. The reason I did this was to make multiclassing less prohibitive to casters. So, this means, at this point in time, all spells you cast (with a DC) will have a DC of 10 + 1 + 4 = 15. Next level, that jumps to 16 (half of level 4 = 2). It makes it so your low level spells don't suck as you gain levels.

Also, note that your caster level is always equal to your character level, as well. As a straight-classed aeromancer, you won't notice that.
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »
That being said, it looks like the Bull's Strength spells are likely staying cast. Once you've formed your plan of attack and are ready to head up, let me know the party's formation (who's in the front, who's in the back, etc). Let me know what weapons you have drawn.

Also, what are your intentions? Sneak up within 100 feet? Something else? Note that the closer you get, the more likely they are to see or hear you (there is a built-in -1 penalty for each 10 feet of distance both for Spot and Listen). The lowest Hide and Move Silently checks are going to be what determines whether or not the guys are surprised.

Kit:
(click to show/hide)
My creations

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »
Feeling his body become stronger, Vájinn stretches and cracks his neck. 

"I say we get as close as we can then do a blitz attack and rush the group.  The only thing they are going to notice at first will be a great wall of Orc over here."

(I'll run up second after the heavy hitter.  I'll have my quarter staff in hand but I'll be preparing to shapeshift as soon as we get it to range. )

Offline Kenderbrained

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
How the bloody hell do I make something "Robby pants spoiler...." rwar!

In either case, "Talky Talky Talky.....time to killy killy killy...." I will head off on the flank to find a place to settle in for a round, keeping my eyes on ugly human man.

OOC: I'm okay with them bull rushing or whatnot, distracted is distracted for me, and if they are engaged in battle, hey, more flanky fun for me....
"We'll either leave our footprints in a field of ash, or go out in a blaze of glory" ~Gadalar, FFXI <3

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
How close are you trying to get? It impacts the penalty they'll have on their Spot and Listen checks. The closer you attempt, the more likely they are to not be surprised the first round.

How the bloody hell do I make something "Robby pants spoiler...." rwar!

Type <spoiler> (using [] instead of <>) to start it, then type </spoiler> (again, []) to end it. If you're curious how I do something, quote the post. The BBCode will be intact in the quoted post.
My creations

Offline Kenderbrained

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »
Well I don't plan on getting that close until after they are engaged, so they'll be distracted.  So probably just within sight range is good.  I'll improvise from there.   

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
What about the rest of you, since you're the most likely to draw attention?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
to Drog:  "I can create a toxic cloud that may cause the gnolls to become nauseated.. though i will need to be close to the creatures.. will that suffice?"

" Yes that will do nicely, we will do our best to sneak up close enough to get you a shot... actually maybe just you two should try to sneak up, my plate mail wont help in that regard.  I'll used a ranged attack while the gnolls are dealing with that. I'm sure they won't stay in the cloud long (OOC: maybe a round, two tops) and when they do escape it that is when I'll charge them, Vájinn follow my lead and do whatever you think best. Kale can support with other spells or whatever you see fit. That little one already took off but I'm sure she will hold off until we start and she'll support with that nice crossbow of hers. Again, we need some of them alive , and if some do escape make sure no one gets away with the bag, if this goes sour that will be the only clue we have where they were before. Any Questions? "

OOC: How far ahead were the gnolls? I would have asked leah before she scurried away. These two will try to sneak close, when i hear the gnolls react to the spell I'll jump up move and throw a shot put or javilin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:33:15 PM by ZanKhellendros »

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
They're 240 feet from where you currently are.

How close does everyone want to attempt to get? Again, it will impact how likely you are to be seen/heard before you get to that point.
My creations

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »

Looks over at Drog and grins. " don't worry about me... I not even here...just part of the forest..."

Vájinn walks silently away from the group (3 steps) and shapeshifts into a squirrel (tiny size).  looks back at the group once showing his pale blue eyes, then moves quietly and quickly towards the Gnolls. 

Going to position my self in this form on the back flanking side opposite of Kit. and wait for the cloud to do its job.

Offline kalel78

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »

" Yes that will do nicely, we will do our best to sneak up close enough to get you a shot... actually maybe just you two should try to sneak up, my plate mail wont help in that regard.  I'll used a ranged attack while the gnolls are dealing with that. I'm sure they won't stay in the cloud long (OOC: maybe a round, two tops) and when they do escape it that is when I'll charge them, Vájinn follow my lead and do whatever you think best. Kale can support with other spells or whatever you see fit. That little one already took off but I'm sure she will hold off until we start and she'll support with that nice crossbow of hers. Again, we need some of them alive , and if some do escape make sure no one gets away with the bag, if this goes sour that will be the only clue we have where they were before. Any Questions? "

OOC: How far ahead were the gnolls? I would have asked leah before she scurried away. These two will try to sneak close, when i hear the gnolls react to the spell I'll jump up move and throw a shot put or javilin

to the group:  "I can attempt to get within range without being noticed.  just let me know when to cast."
when instructed, i will attempt to move silently and position myself out of sight of the gnolls to cast the spell.

Here are the rolls:
move silently roll:  1d20+8 (move silently skill)=
Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

hide roll:  1d20+8 (hide skill)=
Rolled 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22

here is the roll for the cloud when we are ready to cast it:
roll to hit:  1d20+3 (current range modifier)=
Rolled 1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5

1d4+1 rounds=
Rolled 1d4+1 : 3 + 1, total 4

DC:  15
Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler 2 pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the fed budget

Offline kalel78

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »

to the group:  "I can attempt to get within range without being noticed.  just let me know when to cast."
when instructed, i will attempt to move silently and position myself out of sight of the gnolls to cast the spell.

Here are the rolls:
move silently roll:  1d20+8 (move silently skill)= This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9
hide roll:  1d20+8 (hide skill)= This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22

here is the roll for the cloud when we are ready to cast it:
roll to hit:  1d20+3 (current range modifier)= This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5
1d4+1 rounds= This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d4+1 : 3 + 1, total 4
DC:  15

OOC:  of course lol.. maybe this is why i like champions XD

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »
OOC: Jeff your spell is the single to attack, make your way up to the range you need and we'll all rush in after that

I'll attempt to sneak up to 150 so on the surprise round i can do a short charge and throw a javelin  ;)