Author Topic: Low-End OOC thread.  (Read 86272 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Low-End OOC thread.
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
Well, he's free to roleplay as the "Let's do this! CHAAARRGGGEEE!!!" character. :p

Also. What has happened to magic? I'm writing out Cashile's backstory, but... it looks like mage's, or magic, died out centuries ago =/
One of the parts of his backstory was being a lucksack killing a mage and being rewarded with a suit for it...

Added fluff entry about it.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
So I got the wrong idea about the campaign. Appologies for that. I'll slow down. But bear in mind, there was no description of the hierarchy in this group. And Bagra never pressed things. Everything he was spoke were only suggestions. Re-read my posts and you'll notice that.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
That's because, as such, there is no pre-defined hierarchy; characters have their own opinions on such things. That he started offering suggestions to everybody (and not just as friendly advice, more a 'this is what you should do' sort of way) is how he placed himself in command.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »
And that is when Sargeant Antares reminded people of Maxim 8.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
1st level ships do indeed look a bit too frail, so buffed up their DR considerably so they're not as vulnerable to death of a thousand cuts. Their speed now also scales with level.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »
Excellent, now it's simply frail compared to other ships (and due to my own combat ineptitude). XD

-Modifers Character Sheet.-

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »
Also. What has happened to magic? I'm writing out Cashile's backstory, but... it looks like mage's, or magic, died out centuries ago =/
One of the parts of his backstory was being a lucksack killing a mage and being rewarded with a suit for it...

Is Divine magic in the same boat? As he is a ranger and will eventually come into magic of his own I didn't want him to be angry against all magic users. Although that could be a turning point in his life...
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:42 PM »

Shatterscale lives by numbers 25 and 34.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »

Shatterscale lives by numbers 25 and 34.

Personally, I'm afraid of rule 34...

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:19 AM »
Do you guys think it's worth getting Able Learner as a feat?
The only cross class skill I currently have is Balance, and I'm probably only going to put 10 ranks in it. I'll multiclass into Scout for a few levels, but that has all of the skills I really want to level.

Also, what do you think of Escape Artist? Or should I cleric dip and some point in time or get an item?
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »
Why 10 ranks in Balance? 5, so you're not flat footed is the typical number.

Escape Artist is one of those skills that's nice when you need it but "when you need it" covers few enough situations that it's rarely worth the investment. It is also exceptionally easily replicated by various spells and items and also by having a buddy around to get you out of whatever you're trying to escape from (cut your bonds, kill the guy who's grappling you, etc)

Your skills look solid as they are to me. I would say Able Learner isn't really necessary just for balance (Martial Study in an appropriate discipline will get you balance as a class skill + a maneuver.) In fact, if it were me building the character I might ditch balance altogether (either live without it or wait until you take Scout levels to raise it) and put the skill points into knowledges or maybe sense motive since your wis is decent (all of which are class skills via Real Pilot.)

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »
Why 10 ranks in Balance? 5, so you're not flat footed is the typical number.

Escape Artist is one of those skills that's nice when you need it but "when you need it" covers few enough situations that it's rarely worth the investment. It is also exceptionally easily replicated by various spells and items and also by having a buddy around to get you out of whatever you're trying to escape from (cut your bonds, kill the guy who's grappling you, etc)

Your skills look solid as they are to me. I would say Able Learner isn't really necessary just for balance (Martial Study in an appropriate discipline will get you balance as a class skill + a maneuver.) In fact, if it were me building the character I might ditch balance altogether (either live without it or wait until you take Scout levels to raise it) and put the skill points into knowledges or maybe sense motive since your wis is decent (all of which are class skills via Real Pilot.)

That's what made me question Escape Artist. Nice when you need it but those times are few and far between.
As far as Balance goes I meant 5 ranks (10 skill points w/out Able Learner)

Sense Motive I would like... and would make sense with the bodyguard past...

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »

Is Divine magic in the same boat? As he is a ranger and will eventually come into magic of his own I didn't want him to be angry against all magic users. Although that could be a turning point in his life...

Divine Forces follow philosophies and ways of life (Radha Bairaban, the Divine Pilot, is a fervant Yoga teacher). Divine magic users worshiping named entities are much more likely to be up to no good. Altough even then exceptions exist, with mechanical "gods" protecting certain populations, leting a chosen pilot to command them into battle. But if your god doesn't show his face in the open, then most factions won't be must trustworthy of them.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
Divine Forces follow philosophies and ways of life (Radha Bairaban, the Divine Pilot, is a fervant Yoga teacher). Divine magic users worshiping named entities are much more likely to be up to no good. Altough even then exceptions exist, with mechanical "gods" protecting certain populations, leting a chosen pilot to command them into battle. But if your god doesn't show his face in the open, then most factions won't be must trustworthy of them.

Is there a list of deities?

Or should I just go read any material about Phantasy Star I can get my hands on to answer this question?

My knowledge about this game is basically non-existent.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »

Is there a list of deities?

Or should I just go read any material about Phantasy Star I can get my hands on to answer this question?

My knowledge about this game is basically non-existent.

The Phantasy Star universe has no known deities of pretty much any sort. Even in Universe, where religion seemed to be a driving force in Neudaiz, the whole thing seemed a lot more reminiscent of druid-like nature worship in Shinto clothing.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:21 AM »
What he said.

Also, unless anyone says otherwise by the end of the day, I'll assume that you'll all be riding inside the main ship (that has more speed/DR) in the direction of the biodome until something happens. The current discussion about painting enemies has fallen a bit on the too silly side so better get things moving if you ask me. :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »
Lingering Song exchanged for Launcher Pad, because singing and talking is about all I'm good for right now, so having it last longer isn't really necessary. :lmao

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »
What he said.

Also, unless anyone says otherwise by the end of the day, I'll assume that you'll all be riding inside the main ship (that has more speed/DR) in the direction of the biodome until something happens. The current discussion about painting enemies has fallen a bit on the too silly side so better get things moving if you ask me. :p

Sounds good to me. I think the paint conversation was pretty much over anyway.

Lingering Song exchanged for Launcher Pad, because singing and talking is about all I'm good for right now, so having it last longer isn't really necessary. :lmao

By the way, why is your Leader feat listed as a flaw feat when you get it as a bonus feat from Ship Captain?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:34:00 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
Because this is Leader on top of the Ship Captain Leader. It can be taken multiple times (in this case, giving me a 10 MU Leader range rather than 5 MU).

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2013, 04:06:54 AM »

Hurray! :clap