Author Topic: Seeking 1-2 replacements for Nintendo Campaign  (Read 7530 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Seeking 1-2 replacements for Nintendo Campaign
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »
As title says, seeking new players for this campaign

Character creation rules here.

You can refluff other classes so that they're something Nintendo-related. The party right now has a Deku Scrub (ranger), Fairy (Yuki-Ona) and a pokemon trainer (Medic class, considers the rest of the party his pokemons that he focuses on keeping on fighting condition).

The party could really use a "tank" character, as right now two of the party members are ranged and the third is a healer.

All books allowed, but homebrew that isn't mine and/or Dragon Magazine please check with me first.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking 1-2 replacements for Nintendo Campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:27:08 AM »
I'll have some sort of (likely Golem) monster up as a tank soon enough. Possibly even one of the pokemon classes, if I can figure out where those went, for flavor-synergy.

At the moment, thinking of a Shadesteel Golem, though my second choice is the Saguaro Sentinel. One is more tanky, one is more reactive (and larger, for more reach!). Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:56:01 AM by Gazzien »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:36:57 AM »
My thought is that Saguaro sentinel can be actually healed by the party's medic and would be easier to refluff as a pokemon, say Cacnea, Cacturne or Maractus.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »
Ooh, I might put together a build.  I've been looking to play a brawler-style character for a while, and Punch-Out! Is Nintendo...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »
^Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

Oh god please

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »
It was either that, a zodar/Chozo statue, or rat/lightning elemental. :P

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
Just...just be Mike Tyson  :lmao

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 02:59:15 PM »
Actually going to pull out. Sorry, Osc.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »
Eiji is now looking at this.  I might give it a shot.
Mudada.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 08:38:12 PM »

So, I've got a build for Nintendoland Mike Tyson, but his main schtick is hitting things really hard, which Eiji's character also does pretty well (and who also has better AC than my character is managing, and so it about all the tank the group needs). Should I still proceed, or go with another idea? I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, if there are other areas the group is lacking in.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:04 AM »

So, I've got a build for Nintendoland Mike Tyson, but his main schtick is hitting things really hard, which Eiji's character also does pretty well (and who also has better AC than my character is managing, and so it about all the tank the group needs). Should I still proceed, or go with another idea? I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, if there are other areas the group is lacking in.

Dooo eet.  We can be flankbuddies.  I'll be Smough to your Ornstein, and then we'll have crazy rave parties.
Mudada.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 07:22:25 AM »
The little mac to your big mac  :rolleyes

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »
So interested using the Incarnam based Link I posted years ago.

Offline Lokiyn

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 04:11:39 AM »
I have no idea why my first thought for this was Old Man Lobber from legendary starfly Somehow a Venerable ToB Lobsterman makes me giggle.
Joined WotC Forums Feb 2004, watched it die on Nov 5th ~12:18 Oct 2015
Rest in pieces.

Archives of the WotC forums

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
I'm back!

So interested using the Incarnam based Link I posted years ago.
I don't remember where you posted that, but as long as it's refluffed Incarnum, sure go ahead.

Venn, you're still interested?

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 12:09:29 AM »
High five!
Mudada.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »
So this may be strange but have read this game and missed the last time it was recruiting  :banghead. So I saw that it was recruiting made an account built a character on mythweavers and am hopefully posting a link to a goomba wizrobe boss that is complete.  Except for a history.  If not it should at least oslecamo gets a summoning ooze to annoy the players.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=614096

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 01:50:58 AM »
Oh, that looks pretty nice! Consider yourself in, report on the IC thread, I'll be making a post soon to allow the new characters to come in. :D

As for story, SolEiji is basically bringing an Hammerbros in a mission from Bowser, which seems to be an enemy to the Goomba King, so, hmmm, it's all a cunning plan on your character's part to try to steal away one of Bowser's elite minions for yourself? :p

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 02:00:15 AM »
Venn, you're still interested?

I stated up Mike Tyson as a bigger-than-thou boxer; Couple levels of Ogre combined with Titanic Creature fits the images from Punch-Out!! of the opponents towering over Little Mac, and helps with giving him a powerful right hook. Paragon levels help sell the "World Heavyweight Champion" aspect. Wasn't sure whether to focus on Paragon two-weapon fighting or Paragon Fencing, and not sure if both can technically be combined with unarmed strike since it's still technically one weapon; however, I left it open until I could decide. As such, it's only mostly finished.

At the same time, the character's class features are virtually non-existent. He punches hard, and that's it. The build isn't terribly different from other characters I've played. Other than the amusing aspect of playing a PbP version of a video game version of a real-life person, there's little that's interesting about the character. He's just a gimmick. I couldn't find any other classes that fit the concept well enough, either.

It sounds like you might have plenty of interest without me. I've got concepts to work from, but I'd hate to hold you up just because the one I came up with already no longer interests me.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
I don't remember where you posted that, but as long as it's refluffed Incarnum, sure go ahead.
It's homebrew, and it kind of breaks down after the 6th level since I wanted to try offering built-in PrC support without having to actually write any PrCs so it sucks after that point through I like the Masked Hero path. Laziness is the king of ingenuity unless you just never finish things.  ;)

Here is Link:D
Quick summery, it's a Wisdom-based Warblade that gave up a huge chuck of his Maneuvers for some Soul Melds. At the 6th level it'll have Wisdom to Attack, Shield's AC & Precision damage as an Insight bonus. Maneuver wise it'll know Jump Attack (x2 on charge), Spin Attack (whirlwind attack / mithral tornado), Ending Blow (bonus damage against low hps), & Shield Attack (shield bash lowers ac). Soul Melds very but in many ways offer bonuses you'd normally spend on gear giving you even more stuff to stockpile and horde. Like the Master Sword meld improves a nonmagical (prevents stacking) Longsword with +5 Keen Speed & Greater Bane against Evil (+4/+4d6) by the 18th level and if bound one of those attacks can be a ranged attack (ie laser!). Tool wise I only have the Bombs (2d6 direct target, +3 dmg splash) and Hookshot (grabs things and pulls either it or you to the other) made. But take a gander and let me know.