Author Topic: Chapter the First: How, What, When, Why?  (Read 39137 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter the First: How, What, When, Why?
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »
"Ah, such principled reasons for serving Dracula. How droll," Elizabeth interjected, lazily wiping chunks of gore off her retrieved spear and checking that it still looked as vicious as before, complete with pointless barbs that just made it hard for her to rip it out of bodies again, "Who needs such overblown reasons? Existence is such a dull thing,  you may as well go with whatever looks most entertaining at the time."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:36:04 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »
Silva put her hands together with a light laugh bordering on a giggle as Maeve finished her reply.

"My my, polite and shy. I had a feeling there was more to you than that icy facade."

The angel sighed at the end of Elizabeth's interjection and stretched her wings briefly, leaning back into her seat before responding.

"Seems a very weak foundation to move forward with, though I don't expect an heir of the Lord's will to be swayed from their whims and you don't seem the type to let that sort of thing stop you anyway. Just mind that you look before you leap dear."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:47:11 AM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
Maeve laughs, the sound genuine albeit brief. "Shy? Oh, dear sweet child, you truly do not know me. There are many words used over the ages to describe me, but 'shy' has never been one of them. I simply withheld the full extent of my words because it did not serve me to explain more than I had."

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »
Silva sighs again.

"And thus it returns. Tell me Maeve, how did you come to the height of your power? I'm not familiar with the fey realms, so I'm curious where you originated from."
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »
"That is not a simple question to answer. Nor is the answer one that I give freely. I might be persuaded to share such information, and I may even be persuaded to make a fair price of it. Knowledge is power, and I do not lightly give power to those I do not know."

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:47 PM »
"Whoever keeps their mouth and their tongue keeps themselves out of trouble, eh? Very well.

Hmm, who do you know? What sort of relations does a powerful fey keep? Do you have friends? family?"

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:37 PM »
"You cannot trade a powerful question out for one that carries even greater weight. But I will answer, in a way, for the payment must surely be the end of your questioning. Fey do not keep friends, those with power least of all. I suppose some of the lesser faeries have been known to consort with each other, or with mortals... Regardless, those who hold any position within the Faerie Courts know that any illusion of friendship is merely a mask to hide behind.

Now that I have answered your question, what of you? What is your story?
"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:46 AM »
The vampire... well, she was listening to the conversation, despite not really contributing to it, and cheerfully taking up an obnoxiously large amount of space with both casket and her own body. Not that she was even particularly large; Elizabeth simply took more space than was entirely reasonable for a single person.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2014, 01:44:14 AM »
Silva wore a sad look, but gave a smile for the question.

"A servant of the Lord has no stories that do not begin with the Lord himself. I can no longer remember how many centuries it has been, but I was born into the Lord's army. I served as a messenger for the Lord on this Earth for long enough that I could remember nothing before it if there even was anything else. Serving beside my brothers and sisters was fulfilling, but it was an eternity not fated to last. When what mortals have called the Twilight Fallout occured the Lord's only inidication was silence. It broke many of us, our weakness revealed as its revelation shattered the security of our reality."

She sighed and relaxed further into her seat staring into empty space as she continued.

"It's such a shame to see so many of those you thought strong reduced to empty chunks of rotting divinity. Just vegetables, as well as those that lived long enough to rot into twisted fates. Either those that wore it on the outside as their angelic flesh twisted into mockeries of life to rival undead or fiends, or those whose minds who twisted in a fashion to equal the horrors of the flesh. I remember several who thought the Lord had merged with the sun and proceeded to simply chase it across the horizon. I don't know what ever happened to them... There were also the betrayers. Those who thought Lucifer had finally triumphed and flocked to him as flies to a carcass. It can hurt to trust someone and have them throw that away without a second thought for their own personal gain, but bonds are not something so easily abandoned and I suppose I shall wish them the best even if one day I must punish them for their sins.

But the worst I think are all those who still walk the earth. Their self still intact, but their faith lost. Their powers faded and simply walking the Earth among mortals, who might never again know the glory in the service of the Lord. I was as them after he stopped speaking, simply wandering listless unable to hear my own thoughts in the deafening silence of the void where his word had been. His presence and love simply being gone like that... It left a pain I would trade for any worldy suffering in a heartbeat."

The angel trailed off for a moment, but her eyes refocused and turned back to Maeve as she sat back up resting elbows on knees and bridging her hands as she leaned forward to meet Maeve's gaze.

"The previous faithful collapsed under his loss, and I see now more clearly that they never really had the strength to stand in the first place for without him they are nothing. The Lord has seen fit to rise again in this place at this time, but not all will stand with him. The time of his patience has ended, and we must now prove our worth and loyalty in his kingdom on this Earth. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. But the world turned from him and so he has turned from them. He still stands here for all time, and will continue to do so as a testament of glory and example to those who would submit themselves once again to his service.

And that is what I have done. I stand once again in service to the Lord just as I was always meant to, and I shall not falter in his service again. I can only wish for more who would stand beside me once again."

The angel's expression softened after a moment and she smiled with a more humble look as she reclined once again with her hands resting on her crossed knees.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:55:13 AM by Geigan »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2014, 05:08:48 AM »
"Talk, talk, talk... so boring. Don't you have anything to say that isn't lamenting your own failures, either of you?"

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
Claudia had been dozing of a little. She wasn't actually an undead or angel, so she still needed some sleep now and then, and this carriage voyage was  good as a moment to relax a bit. But her companion's talk had grown louder, so Claudia decided she may as well chime in.

Oh, I do, I do!
Laughter is my way.
Putting a smile on all of you.
I intend to one day.
Build my own theater in blue.
Where I can perform the best play.
That has always been my great view.
Working for it since I was born a fay.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
Silva chuckles.

"Impatient as she is, I suppose Elizabeth is right. Claudia, you appear to have kept your priorities in order better than either of us. I should hope to see one of your performances at some point."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.