Author Topic: The Small Rant Thread 4.0  (Read 147213 times)

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rant Thread 4.0
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
*Still needs to figure out a way to lend IHS to people*

I believe you would need to multiclass into Psion for that...
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
But it's affecting you!  You're in emotional distress because these people don't have IHS, so you should be able to IHS away the fact that these people don't have IHS.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
I'm immune to morale penalties but not the cause itself.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
But it's affecting you!  You're in emotional distress because these people don't have IHS, so you should be able to IHS away the fact that these people don't have IHS.

Or, you know, just IHS our strep away.  I'd be fine with that. 

I'm just happy I have insurance so I could actually afford going to a doctor to get a prescription.  Of course the antibiotics take forever to actually go into effect and I'm using all of my precious paid-time off because my job doesn't have sick leave.   :shakefist

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 05:11:41 AM »
So, a couple of weeks into last semester (that is, about 6 months ago) my university's Tae Kwon Do club ordered some uniforms. There ensued an epic drama involving invoices without checks, checks without invoices, man eating bureaucrats, and email accounts that were seemingly checked once a month or so. Suffice it to say that something that ought to have taken a week or two took half a year.

They arrived this past afternoon and at the end of training that evening we opened up the box to distribute them. Now, part of the reason the whole thing was so bloody difficult was that we wanted the club logo screen printed on the back of the jacket. People start taking the uniforms out to look at them and we realize they printed them with THE WRONG FUCKING IMAGE.

So after waiting this long we have a box full of uniforms with someone elses logo on them and it's the trademarked logo of a for profit TKD school so we wouldn't be allowed to use them if we wanted to.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
Would the university frown on your beating their ass?

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
I agree, someone's ass has to be kicked.  Or at least make someone else pay because you got a product you can't use.

Shame your club isn't Tae Kwon Leap or else you could do Boot to the Head, but that's a different matter.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:29 PM »
The current plan is to send the uniforms back, demand a refund, and find someone else to buy from who won't bollocks it up quite as badly.

I did suggest tweaking the plan with the inclusion of deadly bacteria or possibly scorpions (one of the club members is an ecology professor so that's more feasible that it might sound) in the returned package but it got voted down.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:55 AM »
My car died.....It's more than I'm willing to repair (1,000), so I need to get a new one.  I require a car for school, so it's going to be a major pain the next couple weeks until I actually buy a car.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
Gotta hate it when things you depend on go caput...  Hope it works out well for you.

As for me:  :banghead  I've just spent over an hour trying to explain how a Savage Species progression would work in gestalt with fractional BAB and saves, etc.  The best I can tell is that he thinks the LA from, say, an astral deva, should be a dead level on the other side of the gestalt.  No, that's not how gestalt works.  If the character acquires a LA then it obviously doesn't have HD or BAB for that level, so it defaults to the other side but doesn't replace the other side because that's not how LA works in gestalt.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
The solution is punching them in the face.

I've had middling stomach cramps since yesterday morning; it sucks.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
Oh how I'd love to use that solution.  That particular person doesn't seem to have good reading comprehension since I specifically said everything that was needed to understand the interaction before his latest PM asking how it interacted.   :banghead

Stomach cramps?  The thing that gives me that problem is too-tight pants usually.  Hence my preference for sweat pants lately.  Sometimes sitting down in the bathroom can encourage one's system to actually get whatever it is out if it's a digestion problem.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »
Has anyone's car horn stopped working?

Mine just did. It's been really annoying for the last 6 months, being hard to find the right spot to get it to honk. But I got an oil change today and they mentioned it didn't work at all. When I tried and it didn't... What the hell? :P
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »
My car died.....It's more than I'm willing to repair (1,000), so I need to get a new one.  I require a car for school, so it's going to be a major pain the next couple weeks until I actually buy a car.

Pizza delivery car strategy, was first buy a sub< $1000 junker and run it til it dies.  Second buy a 2nd junker so while the 1st is in the shop - and it's gonna be sooner or later - you still have wheels.  After the Cash4Clunkers program, the ultra cheaps disappeared.  Costs about double to run at the bottom feeder level, these days.  I bought a ~wrecked car from out-of-state, and put $3k into it over 2.5 years.  I feel ahead of schedule but not by much.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
It's a prolonged holiday and everyone I know is gonna be out of town.

This is gonna SUCK.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »
Note to stores: if you place signs about saying "if you have questions ask an associate", please train the associate to be able to answer the questions so he isn't embarrassed by coming across as a complete fucking muppet.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
Lol... What was the question?
- All Spells
- playground

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2013, 12:15:11 AM »
"Do you sell desktops?'
It went downhill from there.

He was the night manager for electronics.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2013, 12:28:30 AM »
That should be pretty damn easy :P
- All Spells
- playground

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »
Once we found the desktops (he had only a vague idea of where they might be, apparently he doesn't do stocking), I found a possible one.  I than asked if he could tell me what kind of monitor connection it had.  he then spent several minutes scrutinizing the box which is exactly what I had just finished doing.

He then decided to check it on the stores website and couldn't get it to come up, went to fetch the pc so he could try typing in the name from something other than memory, and then had to pause while i showed him how to use the company website because he blew right past every option that would've led us to the product he was looking for.