Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167561 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #780 on: September 09, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:01:59 PM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #781 on: September 09, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
Thank God, I was beginning to start questioning my sanity for hanging around here.

I know, I know, I'll start posting again today.
Apologies for the incovenience. If anyone has troubles with how the campaign is run, do not be afraid to send me a PM about it.

Also for your actions, you can roll some spot/listen ahead of time and let me know any special senses you have and the movement speed you'll be using, as well as any last-moment buffs.

Something else is that there were two queens that escaped through one passage and one queen that escaped through one other passage. Which one will you be following? You can also split up the NPCs between the paths. Remember that besides Nei and Rica, Aryk the esper is also there. R.I.N. should be able to carry the captured bio-creatures to safety by her own.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 10, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
Oh, I definitely know about Aryk, I purposely had her stay behind. But since the Queens split guess I'll change that.

Best rolls eva!

Post edited. Eh, tell me if the yellow gets annoying, should I apply an effect to it?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 10, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »
Not so much annoying as unreadable haha

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 11, 2018, 06:15:09 AM »
Needs more contrast. Can't read it without highlighting.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 12, 2018, 10:55:54 AM »
Getting ready to go to a physics conference in Dalian from the 13th to 16th and won't be able to properly check and post in the forums during it.

Post edited. Eh, tell me if the yellow gets annoying, should I apply an effect to it?

Yes please, yellow by itself really hard to read in this forum.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 12, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
Fair, I'm trying to think of what to do with the text.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 15, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »

Do not edit other people's posts. That is not allowed on this forum.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 18, 2018, 01:17:07 AM »
I did not notice at all that Os had done an update almost 2 weeks ago -_-'
Unfortunately, still does Katherine not actually have much to input here plotwise. She is so far out of this loop hahaha. Personally I am kinda out of my depth here lorewise too. As much as I love the PS universe, I've not have many opportunities to really get too far into most of the games.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 18, 2018, 07:59:42 AM »
In the first PSO, you delve into the planet's four areas both trying to figure out WTF happened to the folks at the Pioneer 1 and trying to figure out where Red Ring Rico, accomplished Hunter and daughter to the director of Pioneer 2 ended up. On the way you find lots of message packs left behind by her, giving you hints on enemy weaknesses, behaviors and general background info on each area.

At the end of area 4, you fight Dark Falz, the series' big bad. When his body disintegrates into nothingness, a single red ring is left behind. The implications being that what caused the folks from Pioneer I to disappear was RRR going too deep into the ruins and waking DF up.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »
It's a bit stronger than an implication.

Anyway, she's an idiot that ruined everything by poking carelessly around in ominous alien ruins turning everything on. Standard adventurer, really.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 18, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »
Actually, the Pioneer 1 Army got in the ruins first and were most probably the ones that woke up Dark Falz.

Quote from: Red Ring Rica's Ruin logs

"Why am I here, with monsters lurking everywhere? Did the army even stand a chance against them?
Wreckage...! These weapons are from Pioneer 1. They must have already entered the ruins, and from the look of things, fighting went on. It must've been a big battle. Seems our army was hurt badly."

You can even spot bits of broken photon weaponry in the ruins and also explains why there's boxes of supplies scattered around.

But when she realized what was going around it was too late.

"I want to run away! But I have no place to return to... Perhaps no one will ever find this message and listen to it. Ever... Pioneer 2 will not come down when they discover that this planet is dangerous. Will somebody from Pioneer 2 still come to save us? Who knows? Regardless, I leave this message here. This is evidence of my existence."

Then there's this bit:

Don't let it come in. The dark consciousness looks for the best animal to obtain its temporal host body.
The door is already opened. We opened it. This may be the beginning of the end of the universe. We have to do something... We must do it. We have to defeat it now! Defeat it before that dark "thing" revives with the perfect body."

So basically as the strongest hunter of Pioneer 1, Dark Force picked RRR as its new body and the army grunts were all nommed.

Anyway, in the timeline of this campaign younger Red Ring Rica is still running around, so maybe you can still avert this particular disaster.

Also trivia, at max difficulty the logs are slightly different. Can you spot the differences?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:33:03 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 18, 2018, 08:44:32 AM »
She went poking around in spooky ruins that had sealed themselves off again, then went poking around on the columns even more in the spooky ruins, all on her own and without waiting to see if Pioneer II would try and find out what was going on. She didn't exactly make the smartest move there, even if the army woke up the world's most mistranslated enemy.

Though the stuff the army was fighting in the ruins might not have been (directly) because of it. Might have been the defences, which would explain why the hell something came all the way out and started killing the Forest wildlife, and then the Ruins sealed again. So the place got wiped out as a defence, Rico opens it up again and gets possessed. As her ruins info says, the place is still operational and it is meant to be a sealed casket.

Though it's been a while since I played in detail, the other implication is that you're only a few hours behind her at most by the time you get to the end.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 18, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
Well the army was dumber since they didn't bother warning anyone "we kinda got wiped in this area by unknown enemies, so please don't go there kthanx". It's a recurring theme in the sidequests, the army's trying really hard to keep an information lockdown plus there's a bunch of subfactions each pushing their own agenda. And again by the time RRR was inside, it was too late.

As for what wiped out the Pioneer I army, it's my pet theory that Dark Falz had already corrupted the whole "casket" before they got in. It's why it's filled with darkers, and RRR does say they were already all over the place by the time she gets inside. After the army opened up said corruption spread out, making the mine's machines go crazy and heavily mutating the cave creatures, which was what triggered RRR to go look for the source since they couldn't just ignore berseker mutants and rampaging bots. And RRR also says that Pioneer II may've just ditched them in the planet if they thought it was too dangerous to land, so she didn't have that much to lose by trying to solve things on her own. She couldn't imagine it was an eldritch abomination god that could threaten the whole universe.

Plus Episode III states that all those times Dark Falz is defeated at different times/difficulties/players, they're all canon, reforming from destruction a bit stronger every time until it would've been truly unstoppable, so we all were the "dumb" adventurers opening the ruins yet again and messing stuff up. :p

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 18, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »
I always figured that the mine machines were either in place because of Pioneer I and got corrupted OR they were the line of defense put there to keep people from going into the ruins after they were sealed. After all, you DO need to cross a whole bunch of lava caves just to get to the mine area.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 18, 2018, 09:20:21 AM »
Still, the whole plot of PSO could be massively altered just by Rico waiting a day or two. Amusing to think about.

Plus Episode III states that all those times Dark Falz is defeated at different times/difficulties/players, they're all canon, reforming from destruction a bit stronger every time until it would've been truly unstoppable, so we all were the "dumb" adventurers opening the ruins yet again and messing stuff up. :p

That means that Rico opened it countless times, got corrupted again, and then got killed again. :P

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
So it's all explainable by endless time loops?  :lmao

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 18, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
I always figured that the mine machines were either in place because of Pioneer I and got corrupted OR they were the line of defense put there to keep people from going into the ruins after they were sealed. After all, you DO need to cross a whole bunch of lava caves just to get to the mine area.
The caves boss battle is in a ferry across a water canal, so my money's on the mines having been built by Pioneer I since why bother with a ferry if you want to keep the place sealed for eternity?

Still, the whole plot of PSO could be massively altered just by Rico waiting a day or two. Amusing to think about.
Heh, if it hadn't been her it would've just been the next adventurer looking too close. Or maybe Dark Falz would've just made do with some nameless army grunt if nothing better was available.

That means that Rico opened it countless times, got corrupted again, and then got killed again. :P

Sure, why not? Cloning is a thing in PS, so clearly the director makes a replacement of his daughter and the cycle starts anew.  :D

So it's all explainable by endless time loops?  :lmao

Well it's basically half of PSO 2's plot from what I gather.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:36:10 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »
Oh, so that's what that was.

Incidentally, Os, what'd I get from those Knowledge checks, if anything?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 18, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »
Rolled my initiative, do I go ahead and post?