Author Topic: [3.5 E6]Ain't Your Fairytale  (Read 2202 times)

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Temporal Dissonance Technician
    • View Profile
[3.5 E6]Ain't Your Fairytale
« on: September 29, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »
So I'm working on an E6 Shifter Druid, and trying to make it as bad ass of a wolf-theme as possible.  Thus far I have Dire Wolf wild shape (capstone feat) using the Razorclaw shifter breed for Claw/Claw/Bite and free trip, Druidic Avenger for Rage and Pounce.  Going off the base of 25, that'd be a Str score of 33 at level 6, and one nasty puppy to run into.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm going on the basis of feats at 1,2,4,6 (even numbered pathfinder progression), and since he loses his animal companion for the class variant, maybe one additional will be used for Wild Cohort to get it back (Natural Spell at 6th might as well be a class feature).  Possibly worth it to go with VoP since he won't need items to speak of, and then snag Touch of Golden Ice for Venomfire goodness?  Random ramble for the morning while I drink my second cup of coffee on my fresh Ubuntu system :)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 E6]Ain't Your Fairytale
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
I like it quite a bit. I would avoid VoP in E6 entirely though, as piling on the fancy trinkets and gaining feats are the only ways a character gains power in most E6 games.

Offline Meangineer

• Lurker
  • Searcher of the Great Lore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
Do you want to focus on your shapechanging SO bad that you'd be ready to give away your spellcasting? If yes, try multiclassing!

A friend of mine tried to emulate the Stark's "puppies" from Game of Thrones. He gave barbarian/frenzied berseker levels to a direwolf and it resulted in a bloody, bloody carnage. If you change your mind on Druidic Avenger, you can always take "Lion totem" barbarian and still have the Pounce ability.

Also, you could dip into Swordsage or Warblade to get some nice Way of the Tiger's manoeuvers. Leaping with deadly claws attack isn't limited to Tigers only!

Offline ShubNiggurath

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
Do you want to focus on your shapechanging SO bad that you'd be ready to give away your spellcasting? If yes, try multiclassing!

I, Elder God, endorse this message.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »
No to the Vow.

MoI feats for some more things to dump all that Str into.

Might Makes Right is a Str based version of leadership.
(yeah yeah e6 banned whatever)
Your codpiece is a mimic.