Author Topic: Quick, Nobody Move! The Lockdown Handbook (v1.0) (Discussion)  (Read 2221 times)

Offline CE2JRH

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
I just put up The Lockdown Handbook:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=13426.new#new

There are probably feats/classes/prestige classes I missed, and weapon combos and things I missed or poorly evaluated or misread.

The Powers and spells section can probably be expanded, the item section needs some work, and the maneuvers part probably can be pruned, and it could use links to classic builds.

That being said, I wanted to start getting feedback. Feel free to be blunt about places where I was stupid: In OVER9000!! words I'm sure there are a few of them.

Offline vaz

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick, Nobody Move! The Lockdown Handbook (v1.0) (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:42:15 AM »
Double Hit, with Dire Flail Smash, and Improved Trip, plus size increases etc is a reasonable way of getting damage; a Dazed Tripped target is going nowhere, as Dire Flail Smash proc's on "hit". Based on Fort Saves as well, so as ever with AoO builds, Size increases, and typical King of Smack chains get you there.

As a double weapon, the best one in the game is a Quarterstaff thanks to the number of Druid Buffs you can put on it
- Spikes
- Shillelagh
- Spellstaff
- Entangling Staff
- Wands on both ends
- Actually making it out of a true staff, give it charges of things like CL20 Greater Mighty Wallop and Greater Magic Weapon, Giant Size etc

Druid 1 is a decent dip, as you can pick up Wis to AC, Fast Movement, Rage, Favoured Enemy, and the Druid spell-list

For those wanting to get Exotic Weapon Proficiency without having to spend a feat, the Master of Masks doesn't require a feat to get in (but does require several cross-class skills), but Gladiator Mask provides all exotic weapon profs. A Silverbrow Human picks up Disguise as a Class Skill, and Bluff/Perform I'm sure can be achieved in some manner.

In regards to Gishes, Wu Jen Jade Phoenix Mages get both Giant Size and Body Outside Body. Assuming the Clones are exact clones of yourself at the time of casting, with you can turn yourself into  5 Colossal attackers. Throw on maneuvers and you're golden.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:45:14 AM by vaz »

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 05:10:25 PM »
Something to note with Zhentarim Fighter: The 24 hour intimidate use only applies to bullying someone to change their attitude.  It does not apply to using intimidate in combat for demoralizing opponents and thus doesn't interact at all with Imperious Command.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:11:56 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline CE2JRH

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
Going to look up the wording on that.

@Vaz: I have all those feats listed for the dire flail smash stuff, but I'll work on putting together a build that showcases it, and I'll work on working in the rest of that material.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
Concerning the Invisible Blade, the author originally made it to be a 10 level PrC combined with the Master Thrower class.  Since they got split though and the IB doesn't have any ranged uses, the feats to qualify don't make much sense.  The author recommends Weapon focus (dagger, kukri, or punching dagger) and Weapon Finesse to be the only feat prerequisites.  You can find a link to some of the discussion here.