Author Topic: D&D 5E bard campaign max's lvl 10  (Read 2986 times)

Offline AGoat

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
D&D 5E bard campaign max's lvl 10
« on: December 11, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
Im wanting to have my bard as someone who can put monster to sleep, someone who uses Daggers and someone who can pick pockets and be abit of a trickster/bluffer to monsters/npcs.
I was going to go rogue but after looking at the bard he looks like he can take some great spells and looks like a fun option. The campaign im playing will max out at lvl 10 so not sure if that will change the way he should be built.  This is what im thinking at the moment

Human Bard Male 5’11” 200lb in weight has sandy red hair, blue eyes and has pale white skin tone whiter than that for a standard human
he has a mustache tattoo on his index finger on his right hand  and when walking unknowingly favours his left  knee due  a past injury that has not fully healed on his right knee

for my Alignment i was thinking  Chaotic neutral or Neutral evil

Background was thinking a customized one like this

Charlatan / Criminal

skill proficienices : slight of hand , deception

Equipment: Charlatans equipment

favorite scheme is I convince people that worthless junk is worth their
hard-earned money.

Feature :Criminal Contact

Tool Proficiencies Disguise kit
Languages: Goblin

Personality Trait :
I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions
where humor is inappropriate.

The first thing i do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable - or where such things could be hidden

Ideal:
Creativity. I never run the same con twice.

bond:
I swindled and ruined a person who didn’t deserve it. I
seek to atone for my misdeeds but might never be able
to forgive myself.

flaw:
I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way
I fool others.

that the background type things ive done at the moment have not  looked at how I can make the most of my stats or what spells to start etc so hopefully can get some advice.

Offline Taran

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5E bard campaign max's lvl 10
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
Sounds like a fun concept to me!  All the goals you listed are achievable as a level 1 Bard, so I guess the main question is whether you want to be better at the "using daggers" part (Valor), or better at the "trickster/bluffer" aspect (Lore). 

This thread on the Wizards boards has a bunch more info that might be helpful to you also.

Offline AGoat

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 04:24:42 AM »
That was a big read but very informing I know now i want to go down the (lore) path over the (valor)
Thanks for the reply

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »
Stat Buffs only, or Feats?
Regular Human, or Variant Human?
Rolled Dice, or Point Buy?
Paranoid against DM nastiness, or So long as you don't say "monty haul" everythings good?

The simple and easy choice is to use the stuff the PHB already has for it's Quick Build.  Cha your max stats, with +2 Cha stat bump at level 4 and level 8.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:25:35 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline AGoat

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
Hi awaken_D_M_golem

Thanks for the questions. Im thinking taking the +1 to two stats with a feat,  for the stats im thinking point buying but not sure how many to put in each stat. for my feat im not sure ive got it down to the following

athlete to boost that extra +1dex not to bad

actor could be good for the +1 charisma  and having advantage on the roll for deception
and the mimic the speech of another person or the sounds made by other creatures.

healer looks very good for keeping party up

magic initiate i like loads as it will give me more spells

im open to all advice as im a big noob