Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177021 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »
Maybe she should have followed suit and launched just a few moments earlier but she had skipped that chance. Katherine deployed in her mecha now, transforming into flight mode and immediately activated her stealth systems, being too far from any one group of enemies to effectively do anything just yet. With the sudden drop of a miniature sun on one of the groups she opted to avoid heading there as friendly fire was a serious concern with Ammy involved and instead moved to go after the ones on the opposite side of the GÖTTTERDÄMMERUNG.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2013, 04:16:39 AM »
Min-Yung gazed down at the devastation below and, seeing an opportunity to shut down a section of mechas before they could retaliate.
Her visor lowered itself to shield her face and she calculated distances and, evaluating the possible approaches, estimated very few reliable options to transport herself to her intend location without supplemental resources. Efficiency by time was diminishing and so she decided to radically breach the distance and enter warp speed. Her secondary personality core joined its hands together and bless them both temporarily raised a barricade of codes to shield them from adverse conditions. The coding complete, Min-Yung thrusted the Puppeteer's commands and vanished.

She appeared in the middle of the group of unknown, mechas blades in hand and began slipping pas the heavier unknown, slashing around at everything along the way. Once through, she set all engines to maximum and accelerated, dashing around at incredible speed, hacking the entire space surrounding her through and through, then appeared by the walls, waiting for her systems to recover from the heat and the pressure.
Meanwhile, she tried to find some peace in the scenery of the garden that could now be within the pit of fire before her.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:10:38 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
As the rest of the party deploys from the battleship, Amaratsu closes up with a group of unknowns and proceeds to vaporize the patch of forest where they're taking cover by producing  a miniature sun on it. When the nuclear anomality wears off, you can see the Unknowns are all still standing, blue glowing hexagons floating around them and quickly disapearing. Some of them aren't moving at all however, including the smaller arcane mecha, and all of them have their plating partially melted to diferent degrees.

Min-Yung seeks to keep up the pressure, but as she seeks to slash the bigger machines from blind angles, fresh hexagons appear in between that slow her blades. She only manages to make light scratches on the unknown's frames, that can't even count as structural damage. While close to this oponents Min-Yung realizes something else- she can't hear anything at all. But at least she has managed to turn the charred patch of forest into a lovely garden by transplating the more resistant nearby wild plants into the atomic ashes.

The Unknowns choose to ignore the smaller mecha and turn to the towering Yatagarasu right in front of them. With silent discipline, they turn their guns upon it and unleash volley after volley of armor-piercing bullets. The unknown pair nearest to the Yatagarasu  seems particularly “enthusiastic”,  pressing their frames togheter to hold the recoil as they fire twice as fast as their nearby companions!

The Unknowns behind Yatagarasu also take aim at it and add their own fire, but a considerable part of their projectiles end up exploding in mid-air as they impact Hugo's invisible wall. Amaterasu isn't surprised any more and thus manages to make her mecha dodge out of the way of several more. Still, there's simply a LOT more bullets being fired at the  Yatagarasu now than in the initial ambush!

The Unknowns north keep their assault on the HGSS GÖTTTERDÄMMERUNG, pounding the battleship with round after round.

They however don't seem to notice Katherine  swiftly aproaching  while cloaked.

Two other unknowns you hadn't noticed right away jump from behind the south-western corner of the city over the wall and aim at Aden's machine. And that's all they do, aparently unable to pull their triggers. The scholar pilot also feels like the enemy machines can't possibly keep up that rythm of fire from the design of their guns. They'll surely have to switch weapons or slow down to reload.

The two still active arcane robots keep up their silent dance.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »
Baha can be heard laughing over the intercom over the destruction the HGSS GÖTTTERDÄMMERUNG. And it's not some sweet little girls laugh either but more of a maniacal laugh heard from an equally crazy person enjoying in the battle. He engages his stealth system to cloak his movements as he flies over to a section of enemies. The next thing that can be seen is a brilliant flash of energy as a massive ball of energy forms just over one of the mechs in an attempt to incinerate and stop them from firing.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:21:01 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
Katherine immediately reversed directions at noticing the southern enemies having survived one of Ammy's attacks and readying up for another barrage upon her in return. In a literal blink of the eye she was there however, and lashing out at one of the two unknowns nearest Ammy.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:44:55 PM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »
As Katherine aproaches to lash out at the machine aiming at Ammy, the heavier unknown swings with its fist at her aproaching mecha. Katherine finds herself forced to use one of her blades to strike the metal arm out of her way, fast enough to overcome the protective hexagons. Her other blade however reaches its intended target, tearing the unknown's armored leg and momentarily ruining its balance, making its shots miss wildly!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
Irked at how the bulkiest enemy near her had interrupted her strikes, Katherine turned her mecha about face and raised its swords to strike it down in annoyance. Just as her swing begun however, she vanished, suddenly cranking the engines on her mecha and dashing almost literal circles around the enemies nearby at a speed that made her nigh impossible to see. A single slash each was all that came of this display, however her blade seemed to make no sound whenever it connected and when it was over she reappeared behind the wall.

Not stopping for a moment, the mecha bolted northward to the opposite corner of the wall before  once again the mecha vanished as it moved as lightning fast speeds, throwing out attacks at the northern group of enemies now and reappearing behind the wall and out of view of the targets she had just attacked. Now finally she paused for a second, seeming to be done, however that was hardly true as her mecha immediately let loose a burst of light and heat as she began running all of its systems into overdrive. The image of a second Astelion split away from her all of a sudden and dashed right back across the field of battle to rejoin Min-Yung and performed yet another repeat performance as it vanished and the area surrounding the southern group of enemies exploded in a vast number of cuts and slashes.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:32:02 PM by ketaro »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
Seeing the carnage inflicted by the enemy mecha, Aden decides he has to take a more active role in protecting his comrades. He guns his robot's engine and speeds toward the largest group of them. Once there he traces the sign of Endings, hoping to cut this battle short, and begins relaying information on the most numerous of the enemy to his allies.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »
"Dammit Amaterasu, get the hell out of there, would you? You're flanked and outgunned, for crying out loud." Hugo noted with a little bit of annoyance. They'd had their capital ship shot down already, they couldn't afford being further incapacitated behind enemy lines.

"I'm gonna try and buy us a little break."

Without moving from his spot, Hugo dismissively waved towards a horde of enemies, and a sudden eruption of ink-black sleet (which from close by, looked suspiciously like coiling green snakes) began to batter away at the enemy. He hoped, at the very least, to break their formation.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2013, 05:37:13 PM »
(click to show/hide)

There was the sound of much cursing as a plume of flame shot into the air, the Yatagarasu obviously wrecked beyond functional bounds by the last battery, and a pod was ejected towards the gateway for the civilian areas, small enough that it was clear Amaterasu was not her basic, mecha-scaled self. As the cursing continued--apparently largely directed towards paperwork for making her forget to change settings for combat readiness--a small figure, blazing sword attached to its arm clambered out of the pod, moved just above the ground, and took off into the civilian areas, attempting to go through the nearest door.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
Min-Yung watched Amaterasu take cover within a building and guessed that she was at least safe for the time being. Things weren't looking up so much.
From what she had observed from these last few seconds the enemy had enough fire power to bring her groups' numbers down a unit efficiently by focus firing.
Eventually they would be reduced to nothing and lack the firepower to fight back. Being outnumbered, they thus had to reduce their numbers faster than they did theirs.
Her own attacks being of little consequence, she calculated that she might be able to pierce through the energy reserve of one of them with repeated attacks but offing a single target wouldn't be enough to make her efforts strategically relevant. What they needed was to give time for those with the real firepower to wipe them out.

First, she warded Katherine, as she was also deep into enemy lines and possibly the next target of their focused offensive effort.
Second, she rooted herself unto the wall and began to make her mecha significantly grow. They seemed to choose their targets based on their size, so perhaps getting bigger would draw their aggressiveness unto herself. She could step into the forest first, of course, but the idea was to make herself an attractive target.
Last, she tried to take hold of the one that apparently had divine spellcasting and make him less efficient for a moment. It was like to get their attention and make his liberation their immediate concern.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »
Bahamut burns down another patch of the forest, leaving three mass produced unknowns reeling from the impact even as their defensive fields glow around them, trying to contain the atomic heat. It doesn't stop some from catching fire.

Min-Yung meanwhile starts growing, extending metallic roots over the wall before slamming against the Divine Unknown, piercing its protective field before sinking its arms into the plating and holding the smaller mecha into a tight grasp. However the only thing she can hear so close to her enemies is perfect silence.

Katherine follows up by pushing her machine to its limits, the rest of the battlefield seeing to turn to slow motion as she slashes and slices again and again. Following Aden's battle data, she strikes right at the weak points of her targets created by the atomic fire of her allies. So fast she overpowers the energy hexagons of her targets, and unknown after unknown drop to her blades! Not all of the collapsing unknowns fall peacefully however, some shooting at Ming-Yung in their last throes. She's alert to the first shot, but soon more follow. They don't seem to even care about hiting the divine unknown in her grasp as long as they get one chance of damaging her mecha.

The grappled divine mecha doesn't sit idly either, its visor glowing brightly as it suddenly manages to wrestle one arm free and delivers three quick punches against the grown Puppeter before being restrained back.

The nearby arcane unknown then starts dematerializing before disapering from view.

Hugo creates a massive storm over the south-western groun, and almost imediatily the unknowns caught under it jump out from it, taking paired positions among the civilian buildings (but still giving time for Amaterasu to take refuge inside of one of them). They too aim at the Puppeteer, one not managing to press its trigger while the others prove ruthless in their attack. When Ming-Yung realizes it, the divine robot she's holding has suffered critical damage from its own allies and explodes in her grasp! No escape pod ejects, but her hearing returns. Altough the distant enemies remain as silent as ever.

The last arcane unknown projects its arms towards the area where Aden, Ming-Yung and Katherine's after-image are grouped, energy startcing to crackle trough its arms, but then it stops whitout anything happening.

The Bahamut finds itself under attack from the two last mass produced unknowns north, clearly having spotted his position in the sky as they score hit after hit on the draconic machine. The divine unknown with them on the other hand takes aim at Hugo, who responds by launching his metallic fist back at it. However clearly the divine unknown's battle skill is considerably higher, as it expertly dodges it and releases a burst over the arcane mecha.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:55:06 PM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »
As ZERO shrugs off the paltry damage Bahamut releases a couple dozen pseudodragon-like mechs that arrange them selves into a T shape on the battlefield. Each little dragon-wannabe opens it's mouth and releases it's breath weapons at Bahamut's enemies. ZERO's six wing configuration also shifts around allowing it to hover. Almost as an after thought Bahamut channels even more deadly atomic energy into his brilliant sphere.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:08:16 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
The tall female snorted. One mecha? Pah, even if they'd taken down the Yatagarasu, this arrogant whelp was going to pay for thinking she'd be an easy target now that she was on her own. Time to cut it down to size. The redhead took one step forwards--then charged. There, there, there: three weak-points, hopefully enough to remove one of the thing's legs, with a blazing blade shoved as deep into them as Amaterasu could manage.

Then she was away from the robot, down the corridor and hoping that she wouldn't be peppered with shrapnel or something from piercing the reactor.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:40:35 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
Not quite sure on the status of the remaining enemies on the other side of the wall from her, she was at least somewhat certain that there were still several functioning. Without popping her head over the wall to check before going though, Katherine initiated and vanished in a blur that hopped the wall and began hacking away at what remained standing of the northern group. As she went, her doppelganger nearby Ming quickly dispersed with the wind as smoke.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2013, 08:15:43 PM »
Recoiling slightly from the impact she receives a quick damage estimate. There is a slight graze upon the plates and the area hit is blackened by the surrounding air burnt by the shot.
The nanomachines do well enough to restructure the dent and repaint it before the smoke even lifts off the blast.

Her visor lights up as a small log pops up before her eyes.
"Damage fully absorbed"
Mao twitches her lips, unimpressed.
Excellent. Hope they'll think it was all a one time trick and try again to pierce through.
She guessed she'd let them another shot to try and bring her down again before going to the second part of her plan to attract their aggression.

Her secondary driver sent signals and uploaded speed data into her network to temporarily reconfigure her mech's engines with superior velocity.
Min-Yung keeps the Puppeteer's arms firmly latched into the unknown mecha's shell. Bringing it in front of her like a shield. Feeling it well within her hold, she tried to make well of the downloaded feature to quickly headbutt it with the Puppeteer's horn and make a nice hole through its torso. Again. And again. And yet again.

When that was done with, she'd try to sink her arms further into the plate and manually deactivate the mecha's motor functions and render it incapable of movement for as long as she could keep her hands on it.

Not having heard of Amaterasu ever since she ejected off her mecha, her AI now has a few split seconds to invest in worrying for the bird-girl.
"Amaterasu, are you alright down there?"

Just then, as she notices Baha channeling power into her miniature sun, she switch turns around, and tries to hack into the enemy's mecha and put a virus into it, confident it would at least keep its functions busy long enough to reduce its capacity to defend itself against the solar pulses.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:58:09 PM by Anomander »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2013, 05:44:47 PM »
NOTE: This is a rough idea of my actions and subject to modification when I can see the map again.

Aden was beginning to realize that fighting a battle without actually attacking anyone was more difficult than it sounded. Hoping to corral the enemy, he flew across their ranks, and focused on expelling them from the radius his stance controlled. A blue tinge took over that area and symbols of the Mercane god of wealth and knowledge seemed to appear everywhere.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
Hugo looks mildly annoyed by his opponents. The Murakumo had actually managed to avoid the worst of it, but he was still in bad condition. He needed defensive measures yesterday.

Thankfully, he had something he could do.

"OUROBOROS!"

A quick surge of power burst forth in a semitransparent green wave. Nothing much seemed to have changed, however.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
Bahamut and her swarm of robotic wyrmlings chain their attacks with Katherine to burn, slice and destroy the last unknowns up north, overpowering their defensive energy fields, altough two of them take aim upwards and shoot at ZERO with destructive acuraccy even as their gun barrels are disingtegrating!

Aden flies behind the southern unknowns, and its field pushes back two of them. The remaining left inside the field take aim and fail to press their triggers-except for one, that suceeds on shooting off his shoulder plate! No other shots follow however, as they drop their weapon's cartridges on the ground and proceed to reload fresh ones from hidden compartments on their machines. Then Aden notices a shadow suddenly loaming behind him, and turns to see the heavier unknown aproaching from behind, its shield starting to glow with an emerald energy shield before driving its edge against the mercane mecha flank!

Hugo takes defensive measures, while Mao keeps crushing the nearby unknown remains, noticing they seem to dissolve into dust. But at least she can now hear her surroundings normally once more.

The last Arcane Robot aproaches the dome before turning and eyeing Katherine, then pointing its arms towards her mecha, launching a stream of minuscle glowing orbs. As they land on her Katherine's machine systems indicate they're nanomachines, but neither of the destructive or regenerative sorts-Rather, this ones are programmed to rebuild their targets!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:19:31 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:54 PM »
Stretching and wincing as the motion pulled on her injuries, Amaterasu shortened the blade back to its initial length and approached the doors. There had to be something in here to indicate just what the hell people used it for. Maybe even an idea of what happened. Or food. Food would be great right about now, even if a battle was going on outside.

Plus she doubted that any more mecha could get into here.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:18:20 PM by Raineh Daze »