Author Topic: The 5th Day  (Read 47888 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: The 5th Day
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »
The phone rings, and rings, and rings... It seems like she isn't home.

You arrive at X-Landmark without incident.  You pause a moment to admire the lovely statue, which depicts the founding of Xshee.  You've always wondered why there was a statue depicting the founding of Xshee in the middle of Silver Spring.  Was there some sort of mix-up?  Did Xshee get a statue of the founding of Silver Spring?  You seem to remember that the story of the founding of Silver Spring involved some sort of dog-like creature...

The time is 12:30.  It has stopped raining, and seems to be getting warmer.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »
I'll head to the nearest intersection and examine the street signs.  Though Serako assured me that X-Landmark was on Broken Damn Street, I still want to have a mental reference point for how to get back here.

That done, I'll walk down Broken Damn Street in whichever direction looks like it leads towards the more developed part of town, while wondering why exactly they named it "Broken Damn" Street.  "Broken Dam" would be a little more understandable, but...

I put it out of my mind.  Between this and X-Landmark, there's clearly some interesting--if nonsensical--anecdotes behind this city's civic engineering.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
You both head down Broken Damn Street, and by some quirk of fate, happen to be heading down the street in the right direction.  You both come across the Mediarama apartment building at around the same time.  It isn't exactly run down, but it certainly has seen better days.  Probably.  It might have always been this seedy...  There doesn't appear to be anyone around.

The time is 1:00.  It is definitely getting warmer.  In fact, it is almost as hot as it was yesterday.  At least it isn't as sunny.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
I'll nod and smile.  "Hi, I'm Angelo.  You must be Serako."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:05 PM »
Serako blinks twice, registering the first person she has seen since the day began.  Her good ol' fashioned acute social dysfunctionality kicks in and she nods, leaving her bike, exhausted from overuse, propped on a wall.

"I don't suppose you know which room she's in..."  Serako says barely raising her voice above a whisper.

Oh Crap...  What if she wasn't discharged from the hospital?!
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
I frown, slightly.  While I consider things, I give Serako a quick look up and down.  Not outstandingly attractive, but not bad, either.  If we do end up trapped here for eternity, I might have to make a move.

"Well," I finally say, "I can't say that I do.  However, I did try calling her phone, and she didn't pick up.  Though, I must admit that I'm not surprised.  It's weird as hell in here, and a phone call might just be more weirdness."  I shrug.  "Either way, this is where the newspaper said she would be.  So, this is most likely where she is."

I look to both sides.  "Incidentally, let me know if you see a woman made of newspaper."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
Frowning, Serako knows that there is no use worrying that the woman isn't where the newspaper said she was going to be.  She turns to the Scorpio and says, "I'm... not really sure where she is.  but we have to find her.  She's the only person that is there, so maybe if we just knock on every door, we can find her?

Oh wait... Maybe we can check the office.  they might have a registry, or the mail room might have something on her...

Serako moves towards the front of the building to look for any office or mail type areas.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »
"Hrm," I muse, "if she's the only one here...."

I pause, then take a few steps back before bringing my hands to either side of my mouth.

"ALISSA CHRISTIANSON," I yell at the top of my lungs, "MY NAME IS ANGELO CADENZA AND I'M HERE WITH A WOMAN NAMED SERAKO--What was your last name?  Oh, right, Treble--NAMED SERAKO TREBLE.  WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU.  CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

I flash a grin at Serako.  "I mean, it's worth a shot, right?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 02:22:18 AM »
"Geeze, no need to shout.  I was just about to let you guys in." says the girl who seems to have just walked out the door.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

"Well, come on in" she says as she turns around and starts walking back to the door.  "Mekakushi said you would be coming by."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 02:24:22 AM »
"Ah, are you Alissa?  Pleased to meet you.  Who's Mekakushi?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
Serako is beet red with embarrassment at Angelo's display.  She looks over to see that it is just H.A. though.  Still less than enthused that she is involved with both of these people, she asks, "Were you able to find her yet?

Also, did you get my message?  If not, how did you know to come here?

Also, yeah, who's Mekakushi?  Hidden eyes?" 
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
The girl pauses to answer your questions.

"Alissa?  Who's that?  I'm certainly not any 'Alissa.'  I'm Headphone Actor, pleased to meet you too, probably."

"As for you, Serako, find who?  This Alissa person?  Maybe Mekakushi knows who you're talking about, 'cause I don't.  And I didn't get your message, 'cause I've been here all day.  Now follow me, okay?  Mekakushi probably wants to talk to you.  Or something."

She starts back towards the door.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 02:31:57 AM »
Serako nods and moves to follow H.A.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 03:03:08 AM »
"Er, Alissa is Ophiuchus.  We're supposed to protect her, I think?  The newspaper wasn't really clear."

My eyes dart between Serako and this "Headphone Actor" character.  Oh, God, I'm surrounded by women.  This never ends well.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
"Eh?  Ophiu-whatsit?" says Headphone Actor, not pausing this time.  "That sounds like the sort of think Mekakushi would know more about than me.  You should probably ask her."

The apartment building that Headphone Actor is leading you through is fairly run down.  It isn't a trash heap or anything, but its by no means "fine living."  Headphone Actor eventually leads you all to a door, which she knocks on.

"Hey, Mekakushi, its me and those newspaper people you were talking about.  We're coming in."

She opens the door, and gestures for you to follow.  The room you enter is fairly small, and surprisingly bare.  There is a bed on one side, a desk with a laptop on it, and some bookshelves.  There seems to be an attached kitchen, but it doesn't look anymore impressive than the rest of the room.  Sitting on the other side of a short table in the middle of the room is a woman you might recognize from the cafe on day 2.  She is dressed as she was then, wearing a grey hoodie with the hood up and jeans.  Her hoodie seems to have some sort of iPod motif, with that selection wheel thing printed on the front, and the hood has lines that might be a stylized pair of headphones.

She waves when you all walk in.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »
I flash her a winning smile.  There's something exotically attractive about green hair, I must say.

"Hey, there.  So, you're Mekakushi?  My name's Angelo Cadenza, and I'm ready to do anything I can to help us get out of this mess.  And, afterwards...do you want to go out for coffee sometime?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
Fast-Talk roll to hit on her/convince her to get coffee with me.  Target Number 12.

Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 3, total 6

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »
"...hrm?  Coffee?  Sure, I'm always up for coffee.  Me 'n Phones usually go grab some coffee at that cafe place.  You can come along."

Responds Mekakushi without changing her expression.  Headphone Actor looks a bit annoyed.

"Oi, Mekakushi, focus.  You wanted to tell these people something, right?"

"Err, did I?  I told you they were coming, but I don't think I had anything to say to them..."

"Wait, why would you tell me they were coming if you didn't need them for anything?!"

"Well, 'cause they were coming and I thought you would like to know?"

The two appear to have forgotten you entirely.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
Serako makes a small bow as she enters and looks around the room. 

"Hello?"  She offers with the tiniest amount of frustration.  "Do you know everything that is going on Mekakushi?  About the end of the world and about Alissa.  Is she here by the way?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
Mekakushi turns away from her conversation/argument with Headphone Actor.

"Well, I can't say I know everything that is going on, 'cause I haven't looked.  I didn't know your favorite color was silver until I looked just now, for example.  But I know about the end of the world and stuff.  I don't know about any Alissa, though..."

She closes her eyes for a moment.

"Alissa Cristianson?  Why are you looking for her?"