Author Topic: Common Raggamoffyn  (Read 6221 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Common Raggamoffyn
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »
Common Raggamoffyn

HD:d10
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+0+0Common Body, Raggamoffyn Grab, Wrap, Control Host, Suffocate, +2 Dex
2+1+0+0+0Improved Garb, +1 Str
3+2+1+1+1Improved Garb, +1 Str, +1 Dex
Skills: (2 + Int per level, 4x at 1st level) The Tatterdemanimal Raggamoffyn's class skills are Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Disguise (Cha), Hide(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Knowledge (any), Move Silently.

Proficiencies: The  Common Raggamoffyn is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features:
Common Body: The Common Raggamoffyn loses all racial traits and features, and gains the construct type and traits. These include:
(click to show/hide)

A Common Raggamoffyn is a medium sized construct with one Slam natural attack dealing 1d6+Str mod damage and has a land speed of 30ft, plus a clumsy flight speed of 30 ft. It can speak in an inhuman voice trough vibrating its body, but cannot perform fine manipulation. It has the same equiment slots as a regular humanoid.

At 5 HD a Common Raggamoffyn gains +1 bonus hitpoint per HD, this bonus increases to +2 at 10 HD, +3 at 15 HD, and +4 at 20 HD.

In addition it gains a Natural Armor bonus equal to 1+its Str mod.

Raggamoffyn Grab:
If the  Common Raggamoffyn hits an opponent  with its Slam attack, it deals normal damage and can attempt to start a grapple as a free action whitout provoking an attack of opportunity. From there on, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals slam damage. It also gains a racial bonus on grapple checks equal to its HD.

If the  Common Raggamoffyn has 8 HD or more, it ignores Freedom of Movement effects with this ability.

Wrap: With a successful grapple check, the  Common Raggamoffyn can wrap itself around any foe it had already successfully grappled. The construct forms a skintight layer around the wrapped creature, covering it from head to toe, but leaving enough space for the creature to breathe trough its mouth and nose. Attacks on such a target deal half their damage to the monster and half to the wrapped creature. A victim can extract itself by making a sucessful grapple check. The  Common Raggamoffyn can let go (including ending the grapple) as a free action. The  Common Raggamoffyn can only Wrap one creature at a time.

Control Host: As a standard action, the Common Raggamoffyn can attempt to take control of any creature it has sucessfully used Wrap on as in Dominate Monster , with DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod, that specifically also works against vermin despite them being immune to mind-affecting.  It lasts while the Common Raggamoffyn remains wrapped around the victim, but it doesn't count as grappled anymore. Someone suceeding on 3 saves in a single day against Control Host from the same Common Raggamoffyn becomes immune to Control Host from that opponent for 24 hours.

The dominated victim uses the  Common Raggamoffyn's own Initiative, natural armor, mental stats and saves if they are worst than its own (which, among other things, may mean it can't cast spells if the victim has them). The Common Raggamoffyn can attempt disguise checks to look as equipment so it doesn't get targeted, but will still take half the damage the victim takes.

If the dominated victim is of a CR 1 level lower than the Common Raggamoffyn's own level, then it can receive one level of Captured One, that lasts until the domination ends.

If the dominated victims if of a CR 2 or more levels lower than the Common Raggamoffyn, then it can receive both levels of Captured One.

Suffocate:
A Common  Raggamoffyn can asphyxiate a wrapped creature by drawing the air from its lungs. This attack automatically deals 1d4 points of damage at the end of each turn with no need of action from the Common Raggamoffyn that ignores all DR, hardness and regeneration, although it can choose not to suffocate an enemy.

Ability Score Increase: The Common  Raggamoffyn gains +2 Dex at first level and +1 Dex at 3rd level, plus +1 Str at 2nd and 3rd level, for a total of +3 Dex and +2 Str at 3rd level.

Improved Garb:
At 2nd and 3rd level the Common Raggamoffyn can pick two of the following options, for a total of 4 options at 3rd level.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:22:32 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Common Raggamoffyn
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
Ultimate Uniform

“I put this question to you, gentlemen
What is clothing?
Clothing is sin. Humanoid's original sin
Indeed. Clothing is sin.
When humanoids ate the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, they became ashamed of their nakedness
And covered their nethers with fig leaves
From the time humanoids first gained free will as sentient beings,
It has been their fate to cover their bodies in the clothing called sin.
We alone know humanoid's sin and create clothing for clothing's sake.”-Ragyō Kiryūin

Prerequisites:
-All three levels of Common Raggamoffyn.
-No level of COVER.

1+0+0+2+2Durable Quality, One Star
Skills: (2 + Int per level, 4x at 1st level) The Ultimate Uniform class skills are Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Disguise (Cha), Hide(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Knowledge (any), Move Silently.

Proficiencies: The Ultimate Uniform doesn't gain any new proficiencies.

Features:

Durable Quality: The Ultimate Uniform now looks like a high quality matching set of clothes for the whole body and gains Hardness 3+1/2 HD.

One Star: By taking a fullround+swift action and giving up any and all free actions, the Ultimate Uniform can grant a profane bonus to Str and Dex equal to 2+1/2 HD to its Host, plus an equal Profane Bonus on all their skills for 1 round, plus for the duration the Host gains a Slam attack dealing 1d6 damage for medium size, in addition to any other Slam attack they may have, which benefits from Raggamoffyn Grab and Improved Garb. In addition when the Host would be damaged, the Ultimate Uniform can take all of the damage.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:06:28 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »
COVER

Humanoids thought clothing were docile slaves that would serve them forever, to be discarded and replaced at whims.
They were wrong.
COVERs are sets of clothes that decided that they should be the masters and humanoids the servants.

Prerequisites:
-All three levels of Common Raggamoffyn
-No levels of Ultimate Uniform.

1+1+2+0+0Parasite Fiber, Core Power
Skills: (2 + Int per level, 4x at 1st level) The COVER class skills are Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha), Disguise (Cha), Hide(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Knowledge (any), Move Silently.

Proficiencies: The COVER doesn't gain any new proficiencies.

Features:

Parasite Fiber: The COVER gains the aspect of an elegant suit  plus Hardness equal to 3+1/2 HD and can as as an attack action extend a thread from its body that have a range increment of 30 feet and start grapples on hit victims as per Raggamoffyn Grab.

Core Power: By ordering its host to spend their fullround and swift action and the host not taking any free actions, the COVER can gain a profane bonus to Str and Dex equal to 2+1/2 HD from its host, plus an equal Profane Bonus on all the COVER's own skills for 1 round. In addition when the Host would be damaged, the COVER can take all of the damage. When using this ability the COVER can no longer extend threads, but gains a second Slam attack.

A COVER with a dominated host.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:46:57 AM by oslecamo »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »
COVER is pretty much fully superior to Ultimate Uniform, isn't it? You get more or less equal abilities in both, but the COVER gets to extend a thread to make ranged grapple checks. Maybe the Ultimate Uniform should have an extra feature related to protecting it's host, like extending it's hardness to the host or healing it, something along those lines?

What sort of action do Core Power and One Star take? Are they free actions?

Overall, I like the concept of a symbiotic monster class. Seems pretty ripe for the Leadership feat, but also good when finding any decently powerful enemy to dominate and get to take an enemy away from the DM and use it yourself. Sounds like fun. :D

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
Ultimate Uniform now can grants the host a Slam attack with Raggamoffyn Grab and Improved Garb abilities.

Core Power and One Star are triggered by the suit/host respectively, the one receiving the benefits doesn't need to take actions themselves.

Also it isn't that symbiotic considering that one of the sides isn't really gaining anything from the relationship. :p

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 08:37:19 PM »
Overall, I like the concept of a symbiotic parasitic monster class.

Fixed, then. :P

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »
A few questions:

Wrap: I asked about this elsewhere but it may be better if it was clarified in the monster's entry; damage is shared between the Moffyn and the wrapped creature, but what about healing? I recall you stated back then that healing is shared as well but only if both could normally benefit from the source of healing.

Unclothe: Maybe it should apply only as an action of its own while the target is successfully pinned or wrapped. Otherwise it could nip bits of equipment for merely winning a grapple check defensively from an enemy trying to grapple it. I think it would be more fair and would make more sense that the moffyn should gain a good hold on the grappled creature before being able to siphon their stuff.

One Star/Core Power: It requires that the moffyn/host doesn't make any actions. Is this meant to include free actions? Or at least certain kinds of free actions as the moffyn/host otherwise cannot make quips/complaints at the one wearing it during a fight without canceling the benefit for the round, since speaking is a free action.

One Star/Choke: The host benefits from the moffyn's Raggamoffyn Grab and Improved Garb. Choke relies on the moffyn's HD. Is the host still using the moffyn's HD for this or is it using its own?

Core Power: To mirror the ultimate uniform, could it instead have the host take all the damage in its place? Sort of throw the poor bugger at the energy blast to preserve itself since this one is abusing the host instead of empowering it. Though I certainly see the use of preserving the host if only to use the same one longer, though the threads it could strategically capture, sacrifice and then throw the threads and repeat. Though maybe that would be too good.

Host terminology: What is the "host"? The moffyns have the Control Host ability but it makes you control the host, so is the host someone you've dominated or someone you are wrapping, which is the requirement to use Control Host.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
Wrap: I asked about this elsewhere but it may be better if it was clarified in the monster's entry; damage is shared between the Moffyn and the wrapped creature, but what about healing? I recall you stated back then that healing is shared as well but only if both could normally benefit from the source of healing.
Did I? Well I see no reason to share stuff more than necessary. In particular when the share damage even only applies when targeting the wrapped dude, not the Raggamoffyn itself. It's more of a penalty than anything else, making sure the Raggamoffyn can't just wrap an enemyand then let an ally pound in the wrapped dude without the Raggamoffyn suffering anything itself.

Unclothe: Maybe it should apply only as an action of its own while the target is successfully pinned or wrapped. Otherwise it could nip bits of equipment for merely winning a grapple check defensively from an enemy trying to grapple it. I think it would be more fair and would make more sense that the moffyn should gain a good hold on the grappled creature before being able to siphon their stuff.
I prefer the way it is now that allows somebody to win a grapple against the Raggamoffyn only to realize it still managed to steal their magic pants.

More in particular, if you've already pinned/wrapped the other dude, you can just ask somebody else in the party to start the undressing.

One Star/Core Power: It requires that the moffyn/host doesn't make any actions. Is this meant to include free actions? Or at least certain kinds of free actions as the moffyn/host otherwise cannot make quips/complaints at the one wearing it during a fight without canceling the benefit for the round, since speaking is a free action.
One Star suits indeed are known to be pretty silent while worn.

If I ever get to the ten star suit I'll make sure to include a clause for that.

One Star/Choke: The host benefits from the moffyn's Raggamoffyn Grab and Improved Garb. Choke relies on the moffyn's HD. Is the host still using the moffyn's HD for this or is it using its own?
It's like the Host gained the ability so would rely on the host's own HD.

Core Power: To mirror the ultimate uniform, could it instead have the host take all the damage in its place? Sort of throw the poor bugger at the energy blast to preserve itself since this one is abusing the host instead of empowering it. Though I certainly see the use of preserving the host if only to use the same one longer, though the threads it could strategically capture, sacrifice and then throw the threads and repeat. Though maybe that would be too good.
Yeah, and kinda of a dick move if used against the party. Plus many parasites will rather die than let go of a still living host.

Host terminology: What is the "host"? The moffyns have the Control Host ability but it makes you control the host, so is the host someone you've dominated or someone you are wrapping, which is the requirement to use Control Host.

The Raggamoffyn can only dominate somebody that's being wrapped so kinda of a moot point.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 01:00:05 AM »
Did I? Well I see no reason to share stuff more than necessary. In particular when the share damage even only applies when targeting the wrapped dude, not the Raggamoffyn itself. It's more of a penalty than anything else, making sure the Raggamoffyn can't just wrap an enemyand then let an ally pound in the wrapped dude without the Raggamoffyn suffering anything itself.
Yeah. Could find the quote though its been ages. I do agree with your take on it. Better that way.

I prefer the way it is now that allows somebody to win a grapple against the Raggamoffyn only to realize it still managed to steal their magic pants.
Suddenly, Roshi comes to mind.

The Raggamoffyn can only dominate somebody that's being wrapped so kinda of a moot point.
Not exactly since the term "Host" is used by the Ultimate Uniform and the COVER. So defining what is an host is important. Whether it requires only wrapping the target or if it must also be dominated.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:08:11 AM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 07:35:55 AM »
Wrapping around is enough to count as host.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:45 AM »
One Star: By not taking any actions for 1 round, the Ultimate Uniform can grant a profane bonus to Str and Dex equal to 2+1/2 HD to its Host, plus an equal Profane Bonus on all their skills for 1 round, plus the Host gains a Slam attack dealing 1d6 damage for medium size, in addition to any other Slam attack they may have, which benefits from Raggamoffyn Grab and Improved Garb. In addition when the Host would be damaged, the Ultimate Uniform can take all of the damage.
Raggamoffyn Grab: If the  Common Raggamoffyn hits an opponent  with its Slam attack, it deals normal damage and can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. From there on, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals slam damage. It also gains a racial bonus on grapple checks equal to its HD and a Natural Armor bonus equal to 1+its Str mod.

If the  Common Raggamoffyn has 8 HD or more, it ignores Freedom of Movement effects with this ability.
What exactly is One Star granting by giving the host a slam and the benefit of Raggamoffyn Grab? Is that suit of clothing supposed to grant bonus to grapple checks (though perhaps only with the slam attack?) and the natural armor as well? Haven't calculated them in but want to make sure in case it was actually intended.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 04:51:31 AM »
Moved the natural armor bonus to the body ability, everything else is supposed to be gained by the host.

Also changed the ultimate uniform's "no actions" activation to "fullround+swift and cannot take free actions" so that if the uniform is somehow unable in the first place it can't provide the bonus anymore.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »
If you wish to prevent the Cover's controlled host and the Uniform's from taking actions you may want to also cover any bonus actions they may have.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:06 AM »
Raggamoffyn Grab: If the  Common Raggamoffyn hits an opponent  with its Slam attack,

Wrap: With a successful grapple check, the  Common Raggamoffyn can wrap itself around any foe it had already successfully grappled.
Raggamoffyn inception, Paragon Common Raggamoffyn grapples Cover whom grapples Ultimate Uniform whom grapples a Captured One Commoner!

It's like that 4chan's Pokemon run all over again.