Author Topic: [WHRP] A Storm in a Teacup  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
[WHRP] A Storm in a Teacup
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
There's not really much talk of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay on these boards and I love reading these journals, so I'd thought I'd throw up a Journal from our sessions. We're playing second edition, everyone who plays also collects a warhammer fantasy army so they all know the world. I am DMing and I'm the only one who doesn't have an army but I've read the books. Having an extensive world that everyone 'gets' and 'knows' to just jump into really helped roleplaying.

This is our first time playing WHFRP So I'm running an adventure from the books with slight alterations, moving toward more and more homebrew as we get comfortable.

The Party
Larenthar - Elven Envoy
Ulrich – Human Bounty Hunter
Wolfgang – Human Horse Coper
Magnar – Dwarven Miner
Grundi – Dwarven Toll Collector

Party Background
The trade Caravan had been together for a few months, consisting of an Elven Envoy, Human Bounty Hunter, Human Horse Coper, Dwarven Miner and Dwarven Toll Keeper. The envoy is a merchant by trade, a friendly face and a bowman when it comes to self defence. The bounty hunter travels as protection for the convoy as he’d be travelling anyway on his job and picks up the occasional bounty on his travels. The horse coper is a Kiselv and does not speak Riekspiel (the areas common-tongue); supplied horses and a cart as well being responsible for keeping the horses healthy. He also trades in steeds and mounts when the opportunity arrives. The Miner / Prospector drives the cart as he is the most skilled in this, he also lends a talented eye to appraising and evaluating goods, a prospector and miner by trade himself and being a dwarf he’s a dab hand with his two handed greatpick. The Toll collector is a book keeper, tracking the convoy’s gold, expenditure and investments. He picked up fighting with a military pick and shield protecting his tolls before joining up and as such is a welcome addition. He’s reasonably well educated and travelled also so he’s the only member of the convoy able to translate for the Kislev Horse Coper, as he speaks Khazalid, Riekspiel and Kislevite.

The ‘Storm of Chaos’ as it’s known is a large war that has recently ravaged the lands. The war has just ended but the devastation is still being managed. The main forces of chaos defeated there are still large roving warbands, now leaderless, roaming the lands.

The First Session
(click to show/hide)

The Second Session
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:55:49 PM by Kasz »