Author Topic: Shugenja Handbook discussion thread  (Read 4872 times)

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
Shugenja Handbook discussion thread
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:36:10 AM »
For sharing your thoughts and concerns with the handbook, as well as any reports from the trenches.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:21:30 AM by InnaBinder »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Shugenja Handbook discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
Can you give some examples of how the sense elements ability would be useful?  It seems to require a disproportionate time investment, along with fairly restrictive results.

I'm not saying that you're wrong about it being a good ability, I'm just saying that my players and I joke about how, even in the example description, trying to use the ability ends up getting the shugenja killed.  We've been wrong about things before, though!
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »
The default example is using sense water to determine the presence of folks with bloodstreams or other fluids within their bodies.  Sense earth in spelunking adventures could - potentially - alert a group otherwise unaware of it that there's a cave-in ahead, which is more niche, but still potentially viable.  T

EDIT: posting before coffee is BAD, mmkay?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:55:29 PM by InnaBinder »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:08:37 PM »
Um...last I checked, sense elements can only be used three times per day at 1st level, plus an additional time per day every five levels.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »
Dunno what you're talking about.   :whistle

Fix'd