Author Topic: Act - Black  (Read 19653 times)

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Act - Black
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »
Shitshitshit.  This is it.  You weren't training to fight against goodness and freedom, you were training to fight shit like this!  Jorougumo and the Koto were preparing you for these freaky things, and now you've walked right into their hands.  Fool!

Still, it's better to retain consciousness in situations like this.  Tactical surrender time.

"I...accept."  I make a show of lowering my head in resignation and defeat.  Seeming useless is something I am good at, at least.  "Take me to this witch."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »
Spider's Story
"...Huh.  I must admit, I wasn't expecting that.  Well, I guess that makes it easier for me.  Right this way."

The girl walks into the rippling mirror, and gestures for you to follow."

Nanashi's Story
Hasata describes the job to you, as well as the hours and wage.  It's pretty simple; working the front desk, organising the products, keeping things stocked that sort of thing.  The wage and hours are good, though.  They shouldn't conflict with your ninja duties, and you'll actually get paid for once.

It does seem like Hasata is more looking for someone to look after Kagome than he is actually looking for someone to work at the shop, but that doesn't really bother you.  After working out the situation, you head for home.  You start work in a couple of days.

"Bye~ Nanan-chan~"

As you walk back towards the Kagami Shrine, your attention is grabbed by a loud mewing.  Turning towards the sound, you see a jet-black cat walk into the ally.  Something doesn't quite seem right about it.  After a moment, it comes back out, looking straight at you, as if it wanted you to follow.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:48:14 PM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
Nanashi Waves goodbye and wonders what he has gotten himself into, all for the sake of sake...

Nanashi notices the small cat.  Dismissing it, he continues.  Ugh...  cats...    Nanashi shrugs, holding his bag with the sake inside. 
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »
I follow the girl, my head lowered as if in defeat.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Spider's Story
You follow the girl through the mirror.

Nanashi's Story
"Kid's these days..."

Mutters the cat.  The ground opens up beneath you, you can try and jump out of the way, if you want.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »
Nanashi turns, surprised at the cat's speech.  As the hole begins opening up, flashes of sensei knocking platforms out from under him took control of his muscles
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »
JUMP NANASHI!!! 7d6 : 4, 1, 4, 3, 6, 4, 5, total 27
Movement at 3
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 12:12:46 AM »
You try.  Alas, one couldn't say "you try and succeed."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
Nanashi falls

and falls

and falls

and falls
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
Spider's Story
You step out of the mirror and into...

A rather comfortably furnished room.  Its actually all... rather plush and friendly looking.  Sitting in a soft-looking armchair across the room from you is a rather peculiar looking woman.  Her hands are large and monstrous, and her body looks like its covered in something like scales.  Or scabs.  She turns to the woman who brought you through the mirror.

"Thanks for the good work as always, Elly.  I've already wired your payment to you."

"Thank ye kindly.  Call me if you need anything~"

The strange girl walks back through the mirror and disappears.

"Well, take a seat, will you?"

The hands woman gestures at the large number of empty chairs strewn about the room.

Nanashi's Story
You fall.  And fall.  And fall.  And land on something soft.  Looking around, you realize that you appear to have fallen onto an armchair of sorts.  You are in a fairly comfortable looking room.  Sitting in a chair nearby you is a rather peculiar looking woman, with large, monstrous hands and a body that looks like its covered in something like scales.  Or scabs.  She turns towards you with a smile.

"Nice of you to drop in~  Thanks for brining him here, Neko."

The cat lands softly next to you and walks over to the woman's lap.

The Unification of Two Stories
Spider, you notice Nanashi 'dropping in' so to speak.  Nanashi, you notice Spider standing around.  Both of you notice the woman clear her throat and address you.

"Hello, everyone.  I'm the Witch of Black Cats.  You can call me Kuro, if you'd like.  Now, before I explain why I brought you hear, you wouldn't happen to have any questions for me, would you?  Or questions in general, I suppose.  I'm pretty good with giving answers."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
"Jesus Christ, those are some hands."

...I just said that out loud.  Damn it.  First with Jorougumo, now this.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
Kuro rests her head in her hands.

"Is there something wrong with them?~"

She laughs.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
Nanashi visibly frowns.  Once again, telling us to ask questions before we know anything about anything.

Nanashi sneezes.  ugh.  witch of cats.  Might as well be the witch of pollen, or the witch of the common cold...

Nanashi rubs his nose and adjusts his pose in the chair.  "Well, if you want us to ask questions before you explain why you brought us here: How did you bring us here?  It takes something very powerful to rip a hole in a street that presumably closed behind me."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
"Oh, an easy one!  I'm rather skilled at spacial manipulations.  Neko is as well.  So connecting one part of existence to another and pulling you through wasn't very difficult for us at all~

Well, that is a question from both of you, and it sounds like one of you wants us to get on with it, so lets start.

First, how are you enjoying the Old Capital?  I'm the one who got you there, so I figured I should know how you felt about it.  It has to be better than being dead, at least."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
I blink.

"Wait, you...?  Doesn't that mean that you're the one who stole our souls?"

Shit, shit, shit.  Yep, I fucked up.  Jorougumo and Koto were training me to deal with things like this Witch of Black Cats.  And now, here I am, in her sanctum sanctorum, about to be...whatever she plans to do with us.

Goddamn heavy-handed soul-stealing witch.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 11:04:40 PM »
"Hahaha, no no.  I'm not the one who took your souls.  I'm the reason you've still got what little of a soul you've got left."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
Nanashi raises an eyebrow.  "Forgive my colleague's hastiness.  He has been jumpy since we were shucked and put here."  Nanashi takes a handkerchief and blows his nose.  "but do you have any idea of who *did* steal our souls?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
I throw my arms up in the air.

"Goddamnit, who is even fucking evil any more?  Is it Koto and Jorougumo?  Is it you?  Is it the waitress?  What's even going on?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
"Oh dear... Mr. Sekka, are you allergic to cats?  Hrm, lets see..."

She makes a quick gesture and a magic sigil briefly flares into existence.  You don't feel terrible any more.

"Now then, on to Mr. Spider's questions.  I can assure you that I am quite evil~"

She giggles.

"Just kidding~  The bad guys here are the Welgaians.  They're the ones who stole your souls.  Ah, but I can assure you it was nothing personal.  They use souls to fuel their technological development.  Have you heard of Meikyou Armour?  The cores of those machines are the souls of people like you.  Welgaia uses souls for many other purposes too.  I can't say I approve.

But no one is exactly evil here.  The Welgaian's aren't doing it because they enjoy it or anything.  They just don't think anything of it.  Other people don't really matter to them.  To be honest, I'm not sure if they really matter much to them.  I'm not sure if any world in the whole Skein has as much internal assassination as they do."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
I blink.

I blink and try furiously to remember what type of armour I pilot.

"Are you trying to tell me," I begin, buying time as I scour my memory, "that these Welgaians are some sort of artificer guild that builds machines that run on souls?  Horseless carriage that Grandpa's soul pulls, a clock that uses the old butler as its motivating force, that sort of thing?"