Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177039 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »
Katherine for the most party stayed out of the sudden lengthy discussion about where they should go first. She crinkled her brow at how complicated this suddenly seemed to get to her but she probably had to toss her opinion into the mess as well, even if it wasn't going to change what sounded like the made decision. "I'd agree we should check out Central Dome first too... If its fine, its fine, but if not, its probably the easiest place for us to defend if necessary."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »
"From external assault, sure, but if the attack came from within, we'd actually be in a bigger mess. And the enemy, if any, doesn't have to worry about collateral damage. We'd be going in blind and half-naked, as it were."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
It seemed she had been right to estimate Hugo as a priority unit toward the success of the objectives.
He understood. She didn't like the Central Dome either, for many reasons, but unless they could be convinced otherwise it was going to happen regardless.
It was not her mandate to lead the operations.
Hopefully pirates and other profiteers of ruin hadn't already settled in.
Not every survivor might want to be rescued. Some might be aggressive over their reign of chaos, relishing the disorder.
"Enemies already on the field would have the advantage of terrain over us, indeed. Many places to hide within and prepare ambushes. But the higher risks are perhaps compensated by the higher chances of finding survivors that truly pray for a rescue"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2013, 02:41:09 AM »
"Like a research facility is going to be any less full of corridors, let alone pre-built defensive systems if they were doing anything really nasty in there," Amaterasu snorted, wordplay going completely over her head due to simply hearing the first part of her name and not thinking beyond that, "Let them come! We'll see if there's anything left but ashes afterwards."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
"It would do you well to remember that this is someone's neighborhood you're talking about. It's not some random military installation - it's someone's home. Keep your bloodlust in if you can, okay?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
"A cityscape is still easier terrain to deal with in the off chance a fight breaks out anyways, compared to some dingy mines or under the sea." she retorted back at Hugo's & Min's comments, however doing so quietly as if to avoid the conversation, as well averting her gaze and looking miffed at their over-analysis.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
Min-Yung turned. She didn't see exactly what was so problematic about a mine or underwater exploration. The actual validity of that statement was far less solid than it seemed assumed to be.
"Actual under-the-sea exploration at the island may not be necessary, but if the need arises our vehicles can surely be adapted for the task, yes?
Nevertheless, we shall experience that theory on the field soon enough."

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:19:44 PM by Anomander »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
"I suppose the central dome it is. Near as we know, communications were disrupted from ground to space, but maybe we'll catch short-range transmissions, like SOS signals. We're still going blind, though, so better keep the big guns as backup."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »
The atmosphere is eerily calm as you aproach the Central Dome's coordinates you were given. You travel over Hughalia, the main continent covered with massive, clearly ancient trees of countless diferent kinds. You can see the imposing Kain Mountains to the north reaching to the blue sky, and some rivers and lakes doting the landscape. After some flying, you spot the massive white building of metal and stone in the middle of the verdant forest. Not exactly a semisphere, but more of a tower with a rounded top.  Strong sunlight reflects on the Central Dome's hundreds of small crystal windows, and as you aproach you can get a good view at the first landing site of the colonists.

The trees around the Central Dome itself have been cut down to make room for a well-developed settlement, surrounded by tall walls. Smaller buildings and what appear gardens filled with a myriad of plants and flower fill the space in between, connected by pavemented roads. Acording to your intel, the buildings are simple civilian facilities and storages, while the "gardens" consist of self-sustaining genetically engineered plants to provide a mix of foods and medicines to the settlers. Also recreative areas. The walls contain basic force field generators to increase their structural integrity. The administration, laboratories and other more sensible stuff are all located on the Central Dome itself.

You can't see anything moving in the whole place, neither do you catch any transmissions, but at distance something appears to spark to you among the buildings...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"Well, that's certainly a big dome. How do you think we're going to get in? I don't want to break the thing open," Amaterasu remarked, mostly to herself--and anything that could actually hear her in the surroundings, communicator neglected. Jutting from the back of the Yatagarasu's wrist was a crackling, heated--by the look of the thing, it was barely kept from melting--blade, too short to really call a weapon but good for tearing things up with a punch.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
"We will find a way. Or open one, should the need arise."
The music was now over on the bridge, and the small dragon stood quietly, his eyes starting to glow, as if he was concentrating on something.

(click to show/hide)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »
Looking out from the docking bay, though not yet deployed, Aden scanned the area briefly, then closed his eyes. Almost automatically, he began mapping a mental image, taking into account the strategic value of the various terrain features, possible approaches, hiding places for enemies, and so on, with a focus toward allowing his allies to swiftly attack any threat that appeared. As the theoretical construct took shape he activated his communicator and relayed the information to his comrades in an easily understandable format.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
As the Central Dome entered her field of view, Min-Yung turned to her new allies.
"I am able to store magical energy. If one of you cast magic unto me, I can keep the energy and unload it later. I have used this in the past to return healers back to life using their own spell. So be considerate of the possibilities."
She motioned Hugo and Aden to step forward.
"If you would allow it, I can put a barrier unto you or your machines by linking them to my systems. It will allow me to ease damage you would receive by transferring them upon myself. Request this boon and will grant it, but it will disconnect if you get 50 mu away from my position."

When it would be time to debark, she would concentrate and make the hologram of a Bralani Eladrin appear, then reach out for the Puppeteer.
The Bralani would proceed to cast Blur on every mecha, then vanish. It was time to launch.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:36:57 AM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
Princess Baha climbs inside her mech ZERO and shuts the main doors. Once unseen she sheds her innocent girl facade and grows into a mighty dragon. ZERO isn't so much as a mech as it is a technological enhancement augmenting his powers.

Prince Bahamut cannot resist a display of his power and roars before leaping out of the bay and taking flight using his now six wings for flight and appears to stalk Abraxax. In truth, Bahamut is providing the tiny dragon wannabe with backup should he need it. But the mannerism while he does so would appear as a dragon stalking his pray to an outsider. Abraxax would undoubtly be amazed as how well the mech's movements captures his movement and grace and perhaps love such a relatable guard.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:23:27 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »
"I appreciate the offer, just see to it you don't get too badly hurt in my stead. I WILL try my best not to get too wrecked."

Hugo's Murakumo looked very much like a mecha version of himself, though estylized in a different way, with more angular features. The head sported an eerie-looking mask where the face would be, shaped like the grin of the mask of comedy, complete with squinting eyes - and a helmet that could well be mistaken for the mecha version of a fedora.

Perhaps most striking a difference, the Oxtongue rifle it was meant to sport was nowhere to be seen. In fact, the entirety of the machine seemed awkward and blurry now that it was active, like it was hard to focus on. The heat signatures it emitted were disperse and unclear. For some reason, it was difficult to tell whether this machine was even where it was supposed to be at all.

Min-Yung had no issues targetting it for her assistance, however.

"Easy on the pyrotechnics, guys. Remember, there may be people down there, and maybe we just need to find a way to open it gently if there aren't."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:42:03 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
Katherine held back from rushing out to keep up with several of the members' hasty exits, or entrances from a different point; she didn't want to be caught off guard by something so soon into the mission and all. Instead she stayed back and opted to keep an eye out from a distance for now.

Everyone else's seeming expectancy for something to pop out at them already however did remind her that that level of caution might be necessary after all, though and rather than hopping into her mecha as well she closed her eyes for a brief moment and materialized huge set of mechanical wings, appearing to be more blade-like than wing, which extended out from a large core with several more fins adorned. A duo of circular objects deployed from the base of the wings and extended a trio of blade-like fins as well, each moving to hover a bit beside and above her shoulders. Lastly a pair of sword hilts slid out from the main 'body' of this mechanical contraption, each one coming up on either side of her waist. This was her armor, as unconventional of one as it was for it was meant to aid in avoidance than minimizing of damage, however she felt far safer with this than she did locked inside the cockpit of any mecha.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »
Min-Yung can listen to the world below her. It's full of vibrant, moving wildlife. Central Dome and the forest near it... Much quieter, but not completely silent. Some faint breathing can be heard here and there inside the  tower. No words, all of them isolated... Wait, one of them is outside in the streets! Precisely from the point the spark she had seen before!

Meanwhile Amaterasu lands ahead of the rest of the group, and Min-Yung stops hearing the breathing on the street. But there's no time to warn her. There's not even time for Abraxax to shout any orders to his crew as the local forest hologram falls and the mechas below rise whitout making a single sound.

(click to show/hide)

Whitout ever making a sound, seven rifles are pointed at Yatagarasu and the remaining ones  at the HGSS GÖTTTERDÄMMERUNG. As one, the unknowns unleash high-speed bullets thatleave a faint green trail behind. Those of you with keener eyes can see the weapons recoil on the hands of the mechas, but not even  Min-Yung hears anything. Only when the shots impact in their targets with devastating precision do you hear the heavy impacts that echo across the forest. Your machines are well protected, but caught by suprise you cannot take evasive actions, and the shells are clearly designed to pierce heavy plating.

The tiny unknown mechas don't fire anything, but seem to rather be... Dancing? And they're speeding up. As well as the other nearby machines.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:17:59 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
"Prediction. If you fire at that woman again, your bullets will halt in midair before they strike her."

Hugo's Murakumo stood imponently before the very tip of the GOTTERDAMMERUNG. It seemed as if cloaked in inky blackness, veritable testament to imponence and fear.

Indeed, the darkness from the man's heart itself seemed to flow outward and envelop him.

"Don't bother trying to surrender."

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »
Aden's mecha leaves the battleship's deck and descends, touching down lightly on the ground. Runes on the machine's surface flare as he intones words of power.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
Battered, bleeding an unidentifiable sickly fluid, and looking like it should have spontaneously detonated, the Yatagarasu was a wrecked hulk. It was, however, still moving, mimicking its pilot's actions as she spat blood aside, away from the screen. Lucky bastards, getting through the mecha like that. Bah, she could already feel it healing; it was just a flesh wound. Then that guy in a suit--what was his name, Henry?--said something about not being able to shoot her again.

Amaterasu asked.

The reply pissed her off even more than something nearly wrecking her mecha. Like hell she needed protecting!

Not that her reply was particularly comprehensible: "▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

At the same time, the robot itself lit up like a star, glowing as the damage repaired itself, broken metal fusing under the intense heat. It was only a second, but the Yatagarasu was as good as new, rising up, over the wall, and dropping down to face the enemies. One outstretched hand pointed in their direction... and everything was bathed in blazing light as a newborn sun engulfed them.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:10:02 PM by Raineh Daze »