Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94443 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
Damn it, I can't grapple a mob*. D:

On the other hand, got to be funny seeing a natural -> PSEUDONATURAL ABOMINATION transformation. Hell... could even go DIF -> Plain Shoggoth -> OH GOD MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING.

*Actually, if the number in the mob/unit is less than my number of tentacles, am I allowed to attempt it? :p

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
We need to gather some intel on the enemy forces. Specifically, it'd be very helpful to know what their average level is. We may be able to do that by finding the answer to that question about our forces and how they compare to Bern's.
I was going to say that "level" is a completely abstract concept from the character's PoV, but then I remembered THIS! IS! NINTENDO! so it may actually make sense for people to have ranking systems. :P

Well, I'm a Pokémon so I definitely have a level (though it's probably 40 or so, based on the starting level of my fellow Regis. Does this mean I can take epic feats?  :P)

I wasn't planning to actually ask about "level" though. I'd probably say something like "how much battle experience have your troops had? What is their level (OOC: hint hint) of effectiveness?"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »
Missingno's level is over 100. I don't think I'm quite that high. :p

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2013, 05:42:30 PM »
Just read up on the mob/unit template.

Could I have my followers (10 lv1 and 1 lv2, probably warriors if followers need to be NPC classes. Maybe War Frenzies of Fury otherwise.) be a unit? Possibly a led unit with Tanek, my Cohort, being the leader?

Not sure I'd want to do that even if it was an option but it's an interesting possibility.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »
*Actually, if the number in the mob/unit is less than my number of tentacles, am I allowed to attempt it? :p

Sure, why not. But don't worry too much,  several commanders and elite warriors  prefer to stick on their own, so you'll have plenty of chances to rape grapple stuff in the battlefield. :P

Just read up on the mob/unit template.

Could I have my followers (10 lv1 and 1 lv2, probably warriors if followers need to be NPC classes. Maybe War Frenzies of Fury otherwise.) be a unit? Possibly a led unit with Tanek, my Cohort, being the leader?

Not sure I'd want to do that even if it was an option but it's an interesting possibility.
Yes, you can organize your followers in units.

Followers must be of noncaster NPC classes only (and no, custom NPCs classes aren't allowed).
Adept followers at -1 level penalty.
PC class followers at -2 level penalty.

I don't recall ever allowing warfrenzy.

I also don't recally allowing the custom feats I now noticed you have in your character sheet. Seriously, what's up with people using the same names for diferent stuff? It only makes my job harder.

Anyway I'll veto both the dodge (uncanny dodge+auto-pass reflex saves or massive dodge bonus as a single inmediate is simply too much) and toughness one (that one may actually be aceptable in a regular game, but with monster classes giving easy acess to high natural armor, it becomes too strong to my tastes). Pick two other feats please.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:06:29 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
Make them all take one level of commoner. Use the Chicken Infested flaw.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
I'll let you know Missigno isn't the only monster that can spontaneously spawn from people start performing absurd tasks.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »
I'll let you know Missigno isn't the only monster that can spontaneously spawn from people start performing absurd tasks.

Possibly the only one to be a bird. A ten foot high, three and a half thousand pound bird. That's apparently normal. :D

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »
Apologies if I don't get a decently detailed post in for this.  Abdominal pains, chest pains, and headaches have it out for me lately, so I'll post when I'm coherent enough to get something working for Alan.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, take your time and feel better.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »

Possibly the only one to be a bird. A ten foot high, three and a half thousand pound bird. That's apparently normal. :D

Veres?

Actually, with CNC's comment about carrying, how big are the units?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2013, 05:57:11 AM »
The units of soldiers on the map? 20-40 according to vallace. So mostly huge, smaller ones might be large.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »

Veres?

He spawned from things being broken? And has such implausible weights? :O

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »
He spawned from things being broken? And has such implausible weights? :O

No, but really tall and heavy bird.
A Stellar Eagle weighs 15 lb on average, with a body length of 3'1", and a wingspan of 7'.
Veres is Gargantuan with Powerful Build.
MM gives Gargantuan weight as being 16-125 tons, assuming normal animal density. A bird is going to weigh less, so think about 10-12 tons. For being 50' long or so.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
Just to make it clear, just because adjacent platoons appear in diferent squares on the map, doesn't mean they're 5 miles away from each other. If there's a bunch of platoons near each other, they're most probably a single company working togheter.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Just to make it clear, just because adjacent platoons appear in diferent squares on the map, doesn't mean they're 5 miles away from each other. If there's a bunch of platoons near each other, they're most probably a single company working togheter.

I am curious as to three points about Regi, but these are questions for you.
A) Can he actually carry a full unit of soldiers + us?
B) Can he ford the river on his own, due to sheer size, or would he need another means?
C) How would the wooded areas affect his movement?

My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
Regi's light load as a gargantuan quadrapedal (via alter form) creature with str 30 is 6384 lb.

His jump check is +34, so if the river is 45ft wide or less, he can jump it by taking 10.

Actually, scratch that, he can grant himself the ability to fly at his base land speed so rivers and difficult terrain aren't a problem.

I'm thinking that, as an earth god, he doesn't like to fly but he'll do it for brief periods in a pressing situation.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
I'm thinking that, as an earth god, he doesn't like to fly but he'll do it for brief periods in a pressing situation.

His flight could just be him skimming the surface, or to negate falling damage. After all, if an Earth God falls and lands on the Earth, would it really hurt him? ;)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
Regi's light load as a gargantuan quadrapedal (via alter form) creature with str 30 is 6384 lb.

I am well aware of your ability to handle the weight. It is the other issue, volume, that makes me curious.

EDIT:
Move of 95, comes out to 10mph ish I think, and as a construct he doesn't get tired. Light load is approx. 5,000lb which can be increased via a quadrapedal form.
In D&D, your hourly speed is your speed in feet, divided by ten, then you change the feet to miles.
Example: Speed = 30 ft; 30 / 10 = 3; 3 miles.
So your overland speed is 9.5 miles per hour.
When walking.
You don't get tired.
You can run full-out the whole way.
So, if you're in heavy armour or under a heavy load, you can cover 28.5 miles in one hour.
Otherwise, you can cover 38 miles per hour.

... and you never run out of gas.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:33:31 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »
Does a shoggoth count as a quadruped for carrying capacity?