Author Topic: Request Waiting List-Post your monster classes requests here!  (Read 123421 times)

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Request Waiting List-Post your monster classes requests here!
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2018, 05:27:43 AM »
Deep dragon(or purple dragon if you prefer) from Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons and Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:31:05 AM by WarHunter »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2018, 05:59:54 AM »
So since you're throwing more requests so soon, can I assume the Dark Creature prc's fully to your liking? :p

Offline WarHunter

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »
Oh yeah was surprised you even bothered with it let alone finished it what? A day or something? Super impressed, my character is running out of monster levels so I needed options to go to, as his God is lolth it was going to be randomly given a new path that maybe normally he wouldn't qualify for. He already has a strong deep dragon bloodline and though love the idea of making him half battle dragon that may be too many different dragons in his family tree.

Offline typhon

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 07, 2019, 02:56:03 AM »
What i would love to see, if at all possible, would be the consuming creature template turned into a class. I think it's got potential for good roleplay and fun shenanigans.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2019, 10:55:06 PM »
What's the source on that again? I could only find a 3rd party pathfiner Consuming Creature.

Offline typhon

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2019, 10:39:40 AM »
Thats exactly it. Also sorry for the very, very, late reply....a lot of thing's have happened.

Offline AllAccordingToCake

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »
I'd love it if you did a class for Volibear in the vein of your Ursa class.

Totally not so I can be a bear while I bear by taking both.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »
I'd love it if you did a class for Volibear in the vein of your Ursa class.

Totally not so I can be a bear while I bear by taking both.

Wouldnt that just be ursa with multiclassing a electric type monster?

Offline AllAccordingToCake

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »
Volibear and ursa actually fulfill surprisingly different roles in their home genre, despite being bears, and also have only superficial similarity in terms of abilities while having significant differences in application of those abilities. Volibear is a disruptive frontline tank/fighter, while ursa is alternately a beefy assassin or melee carry.

Earthshock and Majestic Roar are both pointblank aoe abilities, but earthshock is inferior; MRoar has the ability to interrupt channels and has a key interaction with Rolling Thunder that vauses it to deal significant damage.

Overpower and Frenzy appear similar on paper, both giving attack speed, but Overpower is a castable buff that has a duration longer than the cooldown which leads to Ursa blink daggering onto you and hitting you with 14 swipes in the span of 3 seconds which can delete basically anyone and frenzy is a two part ability that gives attack speed the longer you're in combat with someone and then has an execute on the bite.

Fury Swipes and Thunder Claws are both OnHit effects that ride on basic auto attacks, but they work differently: fury swipes adds damage to all following attacks and stacks infinitely. Thunderclaws causes your basic attacks to cast Chain Lightning and hit every target in a fairly generous aoe, but is only active for a brief window.

The final abilities (volibears Rolling Thunder/Chosen of the Storm and Ursa's Enrage) dont directly counterpart each other, though i guess you could argue that Enrage and Chosen of the Storm could be considered to fill similar roles making the character deceptively tanky.

Tl;dr: While both are Bears that are similar and will both claw off your face, the actual execution of how they claw off your face is different enough that i don't think they're interchangable.

Offline Xzoltar

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 28, 2020, 06:13:01 PM »
Request if anyone got time and is willing to do :
- Malaugrym could be interesting
- Incarnum Dragon would be a nice addition but require a lot more work.

In the past 5-10 years (think it started on the WotC boards) our group have used your Monster Class that I remember : Bandersnatch, Brain in a Jar, Astral Deva, Concordant Killer, Doppelganger, Erinyes, LeShay, Mind Flayer, Sharn and Tome Dragon

Some didn't get to high level, but most at least to 10-12. The players always had fun playing them and in in our game we never had any balance issue (we have always add a feat to increase their Spell-like abilities to be useable at-will once they have 10+ daily uses)

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2020, 05:55:09 PM »
Incarnum Dragon doesn't need a ton of work since Oslecamo seems to have templated them to a fairly extensive degree. Starting with the Silver Dragon, redo Arcane Blood to reference Incarnate instead of Sorcerer with the associated word-swaps for the caster to meldshaper switch as per the Battle Dragon, swap the Strength and Constitution bonuses, do the obligatory breath weapon swap...

Then do away with Cloudwalking, Lesser Silver Magic, Silver Flyer, Trickster, the Domain entries, Quicksilver, Silver Magic, Patience, Greater Quicksilver, Quick Learner, Greater Silver Flier, Greater Silver Magic and Reverse Gravity and replace with the Incarnum functionality and whatever other effects seem applicable, with an obligation to include the official version's abilities in some fashion, even if they're altered. For example, the Essentia capacity issues arising from having only 2/3rds Incarnate progression and features asking for more could be offloaded into altering the "blast out Essentia" part of the Breath weapon and the Soulmeld eating into actively stealing the Essentia directly, borrowing rules from the Necrocarnum side of things for balance points on increased capacities and quantity of "bonus" Essentia gained from it.

Or you could roll it up as mostly-from-scratch shenanigans like the Battle Dragon instead to have it represent a lot more Incarnum mechanics than it currently does with a bolted-on option list. That is also a thing that can be done.

Offline Chemus

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »
For anyone interested, I have an Asperi workup up...
Apathy is ...ah screw it.
My Homebrew