Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167689 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #660 on: July 16, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
I think this marks a first for my having enough HP to survive the hit. :lmao

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 16, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
By the way…
Because ships are constantly in motion, the caster of spells of the teleportation subschool must have line of sight to teleport onto a ship. Otherwise, a caster must scry upon a particular ship first, then immediately teleport to the scryed destination. Any delay in casting means the ship has moved from its scryed location and the spell fails.

Source Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide
That's why you use Wirewalk over Teleport. Despite it's name, cell phones (aka wireless communication) is included allowing you to beam your self accurately onto moving objects.

soro_lost: The crit was from the Heavy Beam, so Phase Shift Barrier doesn't work against it. Also unless otherwise noted damage multipliers work by D&D scaling so 1/4 guard combined with 1/2 empyreal results in 1/5 damage, not 1/8.
Ahh you should have noted it's beam damage then. Phase Shift doesn't apply but the Beam Coat all Wild Falkens have does.

Also are you sure on the math? Since presumably you're not trying to one hit kill everyone with your impressively balanced homebrew now that your players are attempting to take full advantage of all your little miscellaneous defensive measures buried in various threads. That would seem a little off. With Empyreal, as a standard D&D effect, I have ability to stack it in whatever order I wish which means I can apply it before DR. Then Beam Coat must be applied after DR and Guard explicitly says
Guard[Super Pilot](20): For 1 round all damage you take is reduced to 1/4, after applying any other reductions you may have. If an effect would ignore this, instead round the damage to 1/3.
So based on your rules text as written at the time of my post Guard cannot be combined with Barrier/Coat like you say.

Anyway that one Heavy attack managed to deal 26% of my mech's HP. I feel it's a little much for one attack, specially when tallied against multiple opponents and I have focused the Mech entirely on HP/defense with an astronomically high AC in a game we're supposed to be the highest leveled, but I suppose it can be said it's a reasonable amount if those enemies burned Spirit on offense to counter their target burning Spirit for defense since I am applying magical defenses to compensate for the magical losses as well.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:56:07 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 16, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
soro_lost: The crit was from the Heavy Beam, so Phase Shift Barrier doesn't work against it. Also unless otherwise noted damage multipliers work by D&D scaling so 1/4 guard combined with 1/2 empyreal results in 1/5 damage, not 1/8.

Kuromaiken:
There's some problems with your actions:
-You can't just use regular teleport on unattended objects by themselves, a creature needs to go along.
-Even if you could the disks still need to suffer one point of damage to break and activate the spell inside, and that would demand at least 10 feet of free fall space and your average humanoid's cockpit isn't that spacious.
-It was already discussed that it's not viable to try to teleport anything inside a mecha's cockpit. And case in point if any mage could just reliably teleport stuff like bombs inside cockpits, then this wouldn't be a mecha setting because mechas would just be glorified targets.

(and even in normal D&D you don't see anybody taking out big monsters just by teleporting nasty stuff inside their stomaches either)
-You really should properly update Murakumo's stats. Your disk launcher will be a hybrid in-built super weapon that throws disks instead of dealing damage.

Yeaaaah, about that...

1) If it's in-built how can it be disarmed, especially considering nanomachines?
2) I don't mind being brought along. I can hold my breath, am currently under the effect of Greater Blink, plus I have Extraordinary Spell Aim so I won't be held down by my own tentacles. Or I could put them on a pull-string timer, use iterative attacks on the remaining disks or something.
3) Yeah, that's why I asked you if Nei had used the Neikapool before - so I knew exactly where the cockpit was.
4) "Gundam 0079 was shoddily animated" is not a valid argument because one, it was aired 39 years ago (and we are using material as late as 2018), and two, even in nebulous MU scale, our mecha DO have semi-consistent size.

Perhaps more to the point, Phantasy Star is not by default a mecha setting, except once PSO2 Episode 4 rolled in (and even then dispatching units on foot seemed a much better option for fighting off eldritch abominations for some reason, even though said eldritch abominations could be as big as a freakin' castle). Even then, there is more evidence for teleporting people into a mecha than against in that setting, especially since they use teleportation circles as elevators (just check the animation for boarding an AIS in the Magatsu Bonus Quest).

Now, if you absolutely MUST cockblock teleporting either people or objects to/from/into a mecha, what I suggest is that you use the Schlock Mercenary solution.

In SM, Teraports (their version of Teleports) basically revolutionized the entire military industry because it flew in the face of the concept of defending airspace. If you can literally fling shit around time and space, you could just teleport nukes around and no amount of point defenses and interception systems would do ZILCH. (Keep in mind that the setting in question uses low-level A.I. to guide missiles around.) In order to enable defensive perimeters, the creator of the Teraport invented (and subsequently became filthy rich off) the TADS, or Teraport Area Denial System, which does exactly what it says on the tin, it projects a field within which Teraports are impossible without proper authorization. The energy required to project and maintain such fields, however (along with miniaturization issues), limits their mobile applications to putting them onboard gigantic mobile weapons platforms called battleplates or keeping them on massive defensive facilities, often on the planet itself, making finding them on such locations near impossible. Breaching a TAD is possible via use of something called a Teraport Cage, which basically connects two previously prepared 'cages' and allows one to walk through them like a portal (however, the other end of the cage must first be deployed on-site, and punching through a TAD requires a lot of energy so you can't bring something bigger than a small tank along). In any case, those are considered proper military-level tech and a buncha pirates would never have a ship big enough to have a cage OR a TADS onboard.

Also, Murakumo has been updated, along with my charsheet. You'll find it is... a bit beefier than it used to be.

EDIT: Mechas aren't alive so comparing them to giant monsters isn't really a good point, especially since they're especially prepared to contain living things.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 16, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
EDIT: Mechas aren't alive so comparing them to giant monsters isn't really a good point, especially since they're especially prepared to contain living things.

Evangelion needs a word.

... so does Getter Robo. Though that's far more robot, it's got a thing about being alive going on.

Great Plating and miniaturisation. What a combo.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:01:26 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 16, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »
*cough*evaunitsarenotmechas*cough*

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
They're in SRW and have pilots. Good enough. :P

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #666 on: July 16, 2018, 08:46:29 PM »
Ahh you should have noted it's beam damage then.
There is no beam damage, there is damage from Beam weapons and the enemy specifically called their attack as a Beam.

Phase Shift doesn't apply but the Beam Coat all Wild Falkens have does.
Barriers/coats/Fields do not stack, meaning you can't have both active at a time. If your Phase Shift Barrier is up, the Beam Coat has to be down.

Also are you sure on the math? Since presumably you're not trying to one hit kill everyone with your impressively balanced homebrew now that your players are attempting to take full advantage of all your little miscellaneous defensive measures buried in various threads. That would seem a little off. With Empyreal, as a standard D&D effect, I have ability to stack it in whatever order I wish which means I can apply it before DR.
Then Beam Coat must be applied after DR and Guard explicitly says
Guard[Super Pilot](20): For 1 round all damage you take is reduced to 1/4, after applying any other reductions you may have. If an effect would ignore this, instead round the damage to 1/3.
So based on your rules text as written at the time of my post Guard cannot be combined with Barrier/Coat like you say.
Silly me, of course the player and not the DM gets to rule how spells work in unclear cases. But ok, I'll let empyreal apply first which just means we need to add the DR reduction to the middle. So first you apply the empyreal for 1/2, then DR, then either Guard for the beam crit (going from 1/2 to 1/5 means 40% damage gets through after DR after empyreal 50%) or Phase Shift Barrier+Guard for the mook attack (going from 1/2 to 1/6 means  34% (rounding up for your benefit) damage gets through after DR after empyreal 50%).

Here, I'll even give you the final results for this round:
-Baha takes 16 damage since they lack DR themselves.
-Your mecha takes 7,14+ 65,4 damage, round down for 72 damage total.

Now considering how long it took me to type this down and I usually expect to be paid actual money to do math nowadays, this particular discussion is over. You have your final damage result, I trust you at least can do the subtraction from your HP values.

Anyway that one Heavy attack managed to deal 26% of my mech's HP. I feel it's a little much for one attack, specially when tallied against multiple opponents and I have focused the Mech entirely on HP/defense with an astronomically high AC in a game we're supposed to be the highest leveled, but I suppose it can be said it's a reasonable amount if those enemies burned Spirit on offense to counter their target burning Spirit for defense since I am applying magical defenses to compensate for the magical losses as well.

You also aggroed two enemy groups when you may've been fighting just one and may've even got one group as allies against the other. Baha also got unlucky with taking a confirmed crit from a high multiplier weapon, but that's RNG for you.

Yeaaaah, about that...

1) If it's in-built how can it be disarmed, especially considering nanomachines?
2) I don't mind being brought along. I can hold my breath, am currently under the effect of Greater Blink, plus I have Extraordinary Spell Aim so I won't be held down by my own tentacles. Or I could put them on a pull-string timer, use iterative attacks on the remaining disks or something.
3) Yeah, that's why I asked you if Nei had used the Neikapool before - so I knew exactly where the cockpit was.
4) "Gundam 0079 was shoddily animated" is not a valid argument because one, it was aired 39 years ago (and we are using material as late as 2018), and two, even in nebulous MU scale, our mecha DO have semi-consistent size.
1) Yes, Raineh had that same question for this round.
2) and 3) Teleporting anything into cockpits just doesn't work, point.
4) Behold the Gundam Barbatos from the last serious (non-gunpla) Gundam series:

(funnels were drawn in by paint, can't find the original pic at moment but otherwise you can see that shoddy scales remains a mecha constant).

Perhaps more to the point, Phantasy Star is not by default a mecha setting, except once PSO2 Episode 4 rolled in (and even then dispatching units on foot seemed a much better option for fighting off eldritch abominations for some reason, even though said eldritch abominations could be as big as a freakin' castle). Even then, there is more evidence for teleporting people into a mecha than against in that setting, especially since they use teleportation circles as elevators (just check the animation for boarding an AIS in the Magatsu Bonus Quest).
Yet when in Phantasy Star you have to fight giant robots/battleships, the solution is never "we'll just teleport a bomb inside them and call it a day".

Anyway in case I hadn't been clear enough yet, this setting is a custom mix of Phantasy Star and assorted mecha series. In particular I'm pretty sure Nei wasn't your ex-girlfriend in the original series. And even if she was, her natural life expectancy was 3 years as a prototype newearl so even if nothing had happened to her she would've died of old age by now.

Now, if you absolutely MUST cockblock teleporting either people or objects to/from/into a mecha, what I suggest is that you use the Schlock Mercenary solution.

In SM, Teraports (their version of Teleports) basically revolutionized the entire military industry because it flew in the face of the concept of defending airspace. If you can literally fling shit around time and space, you could just teleport nukes around and no amount of point defenses and interception systems would do ZILCH. (Keep in mind that the setting in question uses low-level A.I. to guide missiles around.) In order to enable defensive perimeters, the creator of the Teraport invented (and subsequently became filthy rich off) the TADS, or Teraport Area Denial System, which does exactly what it says on the tin, it projects a field within which Teraports are impossible without proper authorization. The energy required to project and maintain such fields, however (along with miniaturization issues), limits their mobile applications to putting them onboard gigantic mobile weapons platforms called battleplates or keeping them on massive defensive facilities, often on the planet itself, making finding them on such locations near impossible. Breaching a TAD is possible via use of something called a Teraport Cage, which basically connects two previously prepared 'cages' and allows one to walk through them like a portal (however, the other end of the cage must first be deployed on-site, and punching through a TAD requires a lot of energy so you can't bring something bigger than a small tank along). In any case, those are considered proper military-level tech and a buncha pirates would never have a ship big enough to have a cage OR a TADS onboard.
Well you just pointed out why that isn't a solution. By mecha standards when mecha pirates show up, the solution should be to send your own mechas, not "lol just teleport bombs inside their cockpits".

Some people confuse mecha with hard sci-fi. It's not. Mecha is rule of cool first and foremost, and just sniping cool mechas by teleporting nasty stuff inside their cockpits is not cool.

Also, Murakumo has been updated, along with my charsheet. You'll find it is... a bit beefier than it used to be.
Thank you, I'll take a closer look when I have the time.

Monster with Swallow Whole clearly have plenty of space, and as pointed out some mecha series are literally "we'll take this giant monster and add a bunch of plating and a cockpit to it".
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:56:57 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 16, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »
Some people confuse mecha with hard sci-fi. It's not. Mecha is rule of cool first and foremost, and just sniping cool mechas by teleporting nasty stuff inside their cockpits is not cool.

The Orks in 40k have a gun that works by teleporting living things into the opponent. Telefragging as a weapon is pretty cool. :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 16, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »
It also has a really short range (half a basic rifle) and uses ork akuraccy so good luck actually hitting a mecha let alone the cockpit. More of silly orks than cool factor. :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14:27 PM »
Ah, but the orks have a perfect counter to accuracy problems: just shoot more!

Though the result is just armour piercing if you think about it, it's still a funny one.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:10 PM »
Emphasis on "funny", since it's always been literally a joke weapon that's just not that efficient compared to simply spamming rokkits or charging closer for melee.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 16, 2018, 11:42:07 PM »
OK, I'm gonna take that as "nanomachines rebuild it from scratch".

If we're running on rule of cool, then I get to teleport into my own mecha even if you won't let me teleport things into other mecha. Because Hugo is too cool to board his mecha normally. He'd rather go Grahf-style if he can help it.

I have no idea how much damage Murakumo actually took on that last round because I have no clue whether he had to deploy his AT field or if it's a "by default it's on and you can switch it on and off" kinda thing. After 33 DR, that leaves... 89 damage, which the AT Field cuts by 40%, so that's less 35 damage or less 36 damage if you round up. Then add regeneration, which I rolled for already, that's 27 healed, leaving Murakumo at... 270 or 269/295 damage if AT Fields on, or 233/295 if not.

EDIT: Keep in mind "aiming at the cockpit from orbit" is a perfectly usable strategy and is also profoundly uncool. I'd just be making her cockpit slimy and water-filled.
EDIT2: Also, since funnels consume 0 energy to deploy or keep in place, from now on assume Hugo ALWAYS DEPLOYS HIS FUNNELS AS SOON AS HE TAKES OFF because there is absolutely no reason why he would want to give the enemy a chance to get a free shot in.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:46:00 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2018, 03:55:05 AM »
OK, I'm gonna take that as "nanomachines rebuild it from scratch".
Eventually maybe, but if you want to use it this turn you'll need to pick the disarmed one up again.

If we're running on rule of cool, then I get to teleport into my own mecha even if you won't let me teleport things into other mecha. Because Hugo is too cool to board his mecha normally. He'd rather go Grahf-style if he can help it.
Teleporting to your own mecha is fine, although that will still cost you a standard action to break a disk on yourself since you're in the middle of a beach so no fancy support systems.

I have no idea how much damage Murakumo actually took on that last round because I have no clue whether he had to deploy his AT field or if it's a "by default it's on and you can switch it on and off" kinda thing. After 33 DR, that leaves... 89 damage, which the AT Field cuts by 40%, so that's less 35 damage or less 36 damage if you round up. Then add regeneration, which I rolled for already, that's 27 healed, leaving Murakumo at... 270 or 269/295 damage if AT Fields on, or 233/295 if not.
Barriers/fields can be assumed to be on by default, but the damage is rending as it came from the Heavy Beam, sorry for forgetting to add that to the IC post.

Also please pick your couple invulnerabilities from your Absolute Barrier picks.

EDIT: Keep in mind "aiming at the cockpit from orbit" is a perfectly usable strategy and is also profoundly uncool.
Orbital attacks are cool enough to show up in multiple Gundam shows and several non-gundam ones as well. Heck, even a James Bond movie did it.

I'd just be making her cockpit slimy and water-filled.
(implying it isn't already slimy and water-filled)  :plotting

EDIT2: Also, since funnels consume 0 energy to deploy or keep in place, from now on assume Hugo ALWAYS DEPLOYS HIS FUNNELS AS SOON AS HE TAKES OFF because there is absolutely no reason why he would want to give the enemy a chance to get a free shot in.
They cost 5 energy per round they're out plus a swift action from Hugo himself to actually move around and/or do other stuff.

Also trying to talk your way out of a situation was be a perfectly valid situation for not having your funnels deployed. :p
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:41:19 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2018, 04:48:23 AM »
This proves the greatest feature of I Am Invincible! is its ability to permit dramatic mecha entrances at any time.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »
Barriers/coats/Fields do not stack, meaning you can't have both active at a time. If your Phase Shift Barrier is up, the Beam Coat has to be down.
DR 5/magic doesn't stack with DR 5/silver, but you can still benefit from both at the same time. Kind of strange you can only project one force field and it completely removes the visual of an uber attack shattering through multiple barriers.

But ok, I'll let empyreal apply first which just means we need to add the DR reduction to the middle.

1. So first you apply the empyreal for 1/2, So 337-50%=168.5
2. then DR, Then 168.5-5=163.5
3a. then either Guard for the beam crit (going from 1/2 to 1/5 means 40% damage gets through after DR after empyreal 50% 168.5-60%, because only 40% gets through, =67.4
3b or Phase Shift Barrier+Guard for the mook attack (going from 1/2 to 1/6 means  34% (rounding up for your benefit) damage gets through after DR after empyreal 50%). 168.5-66%, because only 34% gets through, =57.29

Here, I'll even give you the final results for this round:
-Baha takes 16 damage since they lack DR themselves. Baha has DR 5/Good & Chaotic and DR 20/Magic, idk if Mecha counts as Magic but that's not the same as having no DR.
-Your mecha takes 7,14+ 65,4 damage, round down for 72 damage total. 7,14+65,4? And how did you get 72?

Now considering how long it took me to type this down and I usually expect to be paid actual money to do math nowadays, this particular discussion is over. Until Baha is attacked again, then we can have this conversation again until I do can split one number into two sets of comma split values, ignore some numbers, and come up with your end totals.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »
Ugh...

Osle, I have to say it is becoming increasingly frustrating to try any kind of defensive measure in this campaign. I try miss chances, people bypass it by ignoring them with whatever, or by pulling Force damage out of their asses. I try AT Fields, NOPE! Rending damage. I try to do something meaningful with spells, and not only do you tell me "nope, because that ruins the flavor of the campaign", you tell me TO MY FACE WITH A MEME that my character concept is worthless in your eyes.

It feels like the only way to do anything truly meaningful in this campaign is to use your increasingly convoluted homebrew to become an apocalyptic monstrosity (and praying that you don't spot the combination and later nerf it). Dude, throw me a freaking bone here.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »
I mean... ignoring miss chances and rending is something I've been doing since the beginning of the campaign. Not that my survival has been much better.

Spirits and counters seem like the only actually functional defence in the system, short of stacking every ablative defence the damage is too high otherwise. Just seems to be how things have worked out the whole time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:06:24 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 17, 2018, 11:11:24 PM »
I mean... ignoring miss chances and rending is something I've been doing since the beginning of the campaign. Not that my survival has been much better.

Spirits and counters seem like the only actually functional defence in the system, short of stacking every ablative defence the damage is too high otherwise. Just seems to be how things have worked out the whole time.
My point exactly.

An attack that's supposed to 'just scratch' my ride deals a little over 21% of its total, after regeneration. And I actually made it a point to stack ALMOST every ablative possible (the only thing I DIDN'T do was make it as ginormous as possible, which would add DR but reduce AC to a point that's undesirable). Unless of course AT Field works, in which case it deals a little over 8% after regen.

To reiterate: this is supposed to be practically a stray shot at something that I built to be as beefy as possible within the confines of a class and it still takes a not-insignificant amount of damage.

It feels almost like I should have picked Alertness as a bonus feat.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 18, 2018, 05:37:21 AM »
DR 5/magic doesn't stack with DR 5/silver, but you can still benefit from both at the same time. Kind of strange you can only project one force field and it completely removes the visual of an uber attack shattering through multiple barriers.
Different barriers interfere with each others. Doesn't mean a single barrier can't be composed of multiple layers like advanced shields and plates are also composed of multiple layers but still count as a single piece of protection each.

Ugh...

Osle, I have to say it is becoming increasingly frustrating to try any kind of defensive measure in this campaign. I try miss chances, people bypass it by ignoring them with whatever, or by pulling Force damage out of their asses. I try AT Fields, NOPE! Rending damage. I try to do something meaningful with spells, and not only do you tell me "nope, because that ruins the flavor of the campaign", you tell me TO MY FACE WITH A MEME that my character concept is worthless in your eyes.

It feels like the only way to do anything truly meaningful in this campaign is to use your increasingly convoluted homebrew to become an apocalyptic monstrosity (and praying that you don't spot the combination and later nerf it). Dude, throw me a freaking bone here.

Rending doesn't ignore barriers, only half your DR. Mecha weapons dealing force damage has been default since the start.

Also you'll notice that in this battle most attacks aren't ignoring miss chances, both Katherine and Baha have evaded several blows thanks to their own miss chances. Different enemies have different tricks.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but your character concept is freelancer secret agent extraordinaire first and mage second. I've been letting you have a lot of free reign with that between pulling secret bases out of your ass plus stuff like micro-bombs to blackmail prisioners and building your own minion force with about zero actual diplomacy rolls if I remember correctly. Heck, when one thinks about it most of the time you've rather seeked to solve non-battle problems with tech gadgets rather than any actual magic. Even now every round this battle last is another round of distraction for your purple maid to pick up more information from inside the cloning facility, so even if you end up teleporting away you'll have gained valuable information.

Of course it would help if you reigned back a bit on the " I'll summon an indeterminated number of monsters and then give the DM extra  work by making them roll their attacks".  :p

EDIT: And since we're here we may as well hammer down your disk launcher properly:
-It'll take one upgrade point for the disk launcher itself. This allows you to either throw them as improvised weapons (10 mu range increment) or try to hit somebody in melee.
-If you want bigger range, you can take the Dynamic upgrade for base range 50 mu.
-Scatter rules will be used if you miss disk attack rolls.
-You may throw several disks in a "bundle" at the same target with a single attack, but only up to your Dex mod representing Hugo's hand dexterity for picking the right stuff in the run.
-I'm open to negotiate the above details.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:03:12 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 18, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »
Hey, I could have just as easily picked Leadership or something and handwaved away the secret base stuff much in the same fashion Baha has her own organization. I'd just call them my subordinates.  :P

You could've just asked me to roll those, you know. They lasted all of a single round. And either way, just because that's only half my character concept doesn't mean you have to diss it.

I'll recalculate the damage then. I was confused by your wording in your post assuming it somehow tore through the AT Field too.

As for the Disk Launcher...

-I don't mind it costing an upgrade point. Hey, while we're at it, we can think of extra upgrade options for it.
-That range is... pretty atrocious. For a weapon that's supposed to be specialized at doing one thing (it's not even damage!), treating it as an improvised throw is pretty bad... I'm sure we can do better. (It's not like there's good reason to ever "throw" a disk into melee either. even by using maneuvers with it...)
-OK with scatter rules.That actually makes it even more useful for area of effect stuff.
-I get the idea of trying to limit the number of disks thrown per round, but you'll remember Hugo tends to use predetermined "configurations" (I'm the one who ends up picking them on the run). So let's say he could save up to Int mod in "configurations" (this is a mage weapon after all and Int is related to remembering stuff) with up to four disks per configuration (later upgrades could increase that amount), or up to his Dex mod for on-the-fly stuff.
-The existence of the Disk Launcher does not preclude the ability to draw disks by themselves (which benefits from the Quick Draw feat). This should still allow Hugo to use the quickdraw+Telekinesis combo (it takes him a full round to set up, plus it's a fairly limited range, so it shouldn't be an issue, right?).

Give me internets. Now.