Author Topic: Crysmal(WIP)[PEACH]  (Read 12800 times)

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Crysmal(WIP)[PEACH]
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:35:34 PM »

Hit Dice: d8

Class Skills: Appraise(Int), Balance(Dex), Climb(Str) Concentration(Con), Craft(Int), Jump(Str), Knowledge(Geology, The Planes, Psionics; Int), Listen(Wis), Profession(Wis), Search(Int), Spot(Wis)

Skill Points: 4+Int per level(x4 at 1st level)

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecialPP/DayPowers KnownMaximum Power Level
1+0+0+0+2Crysmal Body, Clumsy---
2+1+0+0+3Sting Power, +1 Con, +1 Str011st
3+2+1+1+3Crysmal Growth, Caustic Psionics, +1 Con121st
4+3+1+1+4Energy Resistance, +1 Con, +1 Str331st
5+3+1+1+4Crysmal Growth, Toxic Psionics, +1 Con542nd

Class Features:

Proficiencies: A Crysmal is proficient with only it's Sting Natural Attack.

Crysmal Body: Crysmals are innately Psionic, crystaline, Tiny-sized Earth Elementals. The hardness of their bodies gives them 1+Con modifier NA, as well as DR equal to their total HD that is bypassed by Bludgeoning damage, due to their bodies being hard, but quite brittle. They gain a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Charisma, for their hard bodies and innate mental power, and a -2 penalty to Intelligence, due to being significantly more instinctive and emotional than the average humanoid, and they also have a single Sting primary natural attack that counts as a Claw attack for Psionic powers that would effect natural weapons, dealing 1d2 damage at their initial Tiny size. Crysmals have no Hand or Feet item slots, but have two Neck slots and four Psychoactive Skin slots, though they retain the restriction of one active psychoactive skin at any moment.

Additionally, they have a Burrow speed of 5 ft. per HD, with a maximum of their land movement speed, which is 30 ft. by default, know Terran as a default language and cannot speak, though they do possess Telepathy with a range of 40 ft. As Elementals, they also gain the following traits, but not other Elemental traits:

-Darkvision out to 60 ft.
-Cannot be raised from death, except for effects such as Wish, Limited Wish, Miracle and True Resurrection
-Immunity to Disease and Poison
-Do not eat, sleep or breath

These traits override any previously existing racial traits a character may have, unless their racial traits are defined by a class feature like this one, in which case they may choose to use the racial traits offered by that feature instead of those offered by this feature.

Clumsy: Young Crysmals, having not yet learned what amounts to fine motor skills among their kind, lack some of the advantages of their size. Until they reach three total HD, a Crysmal's attack, AC and Hide size bonuses are treated as if it were one size larger, including if their size changes. So if they are Enlarged to Small size, they have the size modifiers for AC, attack rolls and Hide of a Medium creature, while if they are Reduced to Diminutive size, they have the modifiers of a Tiny creature.

Ability Score modifiers: As levels in Crysmal are taken, the ability scores of a Crysmal character change. These increases are to the base score, and as such qualify the Crysmal for feats according to these increases.

As they level, their ability scores further improve over their racial modifiers, increasing their Constitution by one each level and their Strength by one at levels 2 and 4.

Psionic Manifesting: Being inherently Psionic, Crysmals are able to manifest powers as a Psychic Warrior of one level less than their levels in Crysmal, except they add the following powers to their list of learnable powers:
1st level: Energy Ray, Control Object
2nd level: Energy Missile
3rd level: Energy Cone
4th level: Energy Ball
5th level: Energy Current
6th level: Psionic Disintegrate

Taking levels in Psychic Warrior increases this Manifesting as if they were levels in Crysmal, rather than granting normal Psionic Warrior manifesting. While this Manifesting is listed on the class table, progression beyond the table continues to use Psionic Warrior manifesting with the changes listed above.

Sting Power (Ps): When using their Sting natural attack in a Full Attack, a Crysmal of 2nd level or higher can Manifest a power with a Manifesting time of one Standard action or less that deals damage as part of the same action as the attack, targeting or centered on the same target as the Sting attack. The power's DC uses the Crysmal's Strength instead of Charisma, if higher, or Dex if it is higher than both and they have the Weapon Finesse feat. Additionally, the base cost and cost to augment are reduced by 1 PP, with a minimum cost to manifest or augment of one power point.

If a feat, power, item or other ability that would expend Psionic Focus is used during a Full Attack using their Sting Natural Attack or to manifest a power used with this feature during said attack, the Crysmal may make a Concentration check as if attempting to regain Psionic focus. If the check succeeds, their Psionic Focus is not expended.

Crysmal Growth (Ex): At 3rd and 5th level, a Crysmal's increasing psionic and elemental strength increase it's might. They may select an option from the following list:
(click to show/hide)

Caustic Psionics: Any power that allows the choice of an energy damage type with additional effects based on type chosen, such as Energy Missile or Energy Cone, adds the following option:
Acid: A power of this energy type becomes a Metacrativity power instead of a Psychokinesis power, uses a Fortitude save instead of a Reflex save, deals -1 damage per die and Sickens on a failed save.

Energy Resistance: At 4th level, the Crysmal's elemental and psionic nature offers it resistance to other elementally associated forces. It gains Energy Resistance to Fire and Cold equal to twice times it's hit dice and to Electricity equal to it's HD.

Toxic Psionics: Any power that allows the choice of an energy type with additional effects based on type chosen, such as Energy Missile or Energy Cone, adds the following option:
Poison:  A power of this energy type becomes a Metacrativity power instead of a Psychokinesis power and deals 1 Constitution, Dexterity, or Strength damage, chosen upon manifesting, per die of damage it would normally deal, with a successful Fortitude saving throw negating this damage instead of the power's normal passed save effect.

---

Comments? Toxic Psionics is probably severely overkill, even with the two saves. Sting Power, itself, is basically certainly broken by doubling 2 PP augmentations. Fortunately, all the Kinetisist powers measure damage at 1 PP per die with saves being boosted every other die, so that's not a problem.

Really, a bunch of the stuff on this just looks overpowered. In the sense of it seems overpowered to me, but I'm not sure about it, because it doesn't seem to be actually able to just end encounters.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:04:08 AM by Versatility_Nut »

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
PRC/template reserve post
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
FYI, the WIP is because of polish. I haven't checked the numbers in-detail yet, and there's a bundle more stuff I'd like to put in. Like more options for the Crysmal Growth that aren't massively out of line(I consider +1 to Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate and Use Magic Device to be worth a part of a level of Manifesting) and AFCs for different types of Crysmal, primarily the material type they get made from. Stuff like Deepcrystal and Crysteel being PRC territory, and thus this post. This statement will probably be removed when I make PRCs, or might stay put.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
feat/AFC post.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
This one isn't just for Crysmal AFCs/feats for stuff like being made of Silver or Adamantine ores or being able to bloat size by cobbling together more minerals onto themselves, but also for other classes, like PsyWar and Wilder. Others may post now...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:51:16 PM by Versatility_Nut »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Crysmal(WIP)[PEACH]
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:24 PM »
So why is it proficient with Light Armor?
Is it lacking many of the other Elemental Traits that all elementals have for a reason?
Why does it have racial ability bonuses as part of its Traits unlike every other monster class?
Why does it have 2 good saves when Elementals only get 1?
Why does it have 6 skills points a level when Elementals only get 2?

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »
So why is it proficient with Light Armor?
Is it lacking many of the other Elemental Traits that all elementals have for a reason?
Why does it have racial ability bonuses as part of its Traits unlike every other monster class?
Why does it have 2 good saves when Elementals only get 1?
Why does it have 6 skills points a level when Elementals only get 2?
Light Armor proficiency is to wear something for armor without needing to blow a feat on it or a mechanic to assimilate armor. Kinda important for something in melee all the time, which the class features and power list support. And integrating things into itself is something I plan for either an AFC or a PRC.

The excluded Elemental traits are mostly excluded immunities, some of which don't make sense on something made of crystal. Like Critical Hit immunity, which kinda breaks using it as a monster against any party reliant on precision damage. Stun and Paralyze aren't immunities because they are both niche and significantly powerful. The full set of immunities is significant enough to make me willing to cut them down.

Racial ability score modifiers are for the sake of fully following "body" features. Having something at first level is part of most actual races, so I tossed in the physical modifiers at 1st level as part of the Body feature. Which need toned down... Oh well, first round of editing can catch beyond-normal-race alterations to that stuff.

Two good saves is, again, because Crysmal doesn't quite fit those things. Instead of bloating up Wis, or tossing in a feature, I decided to just give a good Wis save. It's a Psionic elemental. Fort, the strong save of Earth elementals, is mostly offset by the Con bonuses. Unlike with some other ones, which give what's functionally a +20 save off of score adjustments. And thinking back, Ref needs to be Poor. The Con bonuses very nearly make Fort a good save, anyways.

Six skill points per level is because PCs need decent skills and it has an Int penalty, in keeping with the source creature. If I didn't use an Int penalty, it would have been 4. There's a minimum of three skills most campaigns will need a PC to have for themselves. Spot, Listen and, in the case of Psionic characters, Concentration. This leaves 2 skill points after the typical taxes of being functional in adventuring, going by the tropes. And Crysmals, in "nature," seem to need Craft, Knowledge(Geography) and Appraise to reproduce, given the fact they make more of themselves with gems and other minerals, and identifying, aquiring and reshaping said minerals is a necessity. By appearances, they would be literally nonfunctional with 2+Int skill ranks and an Int penalty.

Comments on actual class features, please.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »
My point was why you were giving them so many things Elementals don't have, and they don't have them because they're monsters, not....*ahem*, people. :D

A crystal elemental would still be immune to crits because elemental. But yes it is also crystal so they could or should be vulnerable to Sonic spells maybe?
If an entire party is reliant on precision damage, that's the party's fault and OF COURSE a DM is going to start sending things immune to crits against them.
For the skill points, that's an argument for, well, a PC. But this is a monster. You're giving them x3 the normal amount of skill points for an Elemental explicitly because that makes it better for a player?  :eh

Honestly, I didn't comment on class features because they seem generally fine. Maybe Toxic Poison is pretty bonkers. Specially at 2 points of Physical Stat damage per die of damage. I don't know psionics much, but aren't they pretty easy to pump full of PP for extra damage die and thus making it pretty dang easy to one-shot guys with this Toxic Poison feature? But, again, I'm not familiar with Psionics. Just on feeling though, I'd say lowering it to 1 point per die would be better.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:09:47 PM by ketaro »

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 11:28:44 PM »
My point was why you were giving them so many things Elementals don't have, and they don't have them because they're monsters, not....*ahem*, people. :D
Because some of them are needed for them to function in-universe as monsters, given their fluff, and others are a case of needing them for PC function. And these classes assume PC use will be done more than monster use. They prioritize PC use over monster use, and skill ranks are vital to this. Although 4+Int makes it so you won't have them trying to skillmonkey, so I'll swap to that.

A crystal elemental would still be immune to crits because elemental. But yes it is also crystal so they could or should be vulnerable to Sonic spells maybe?
If an entire party is reliant on precision damage, that's the party's fault and OF COURSE a DM is going to start sending things immune to crits against them.
For the skill points, that's an argument for, well, a PC. But this is a monster. You're giving them x3 the normal amount of skill points for an Elemental explicitly because that makes it better for a player?  :eh
Crystal shatters. Knowing crystalline geometry lets you know cleavage planes, which cause highly efficient shattering.
As for the entire party relying on precision damage, it doesn't need to be the whole party. The Scout/Ranger Swift Hunter player is going to feel awful when the only way for their character to deal meaningful damage just goes up in smoke against four or five creature types. More creature types are immune to crits than ones that aren't... Rogues, commonly used in parties for that 8+int skill rank access, suffer the same fate of their damage output dissolving in the face of quite a few creature types.

Honestly, I didn't comment on class features because they seem generally fine. Maybe Toxic Poison is pretty bonkers. Specially at 2 points of Physical Stat damage per die of damage. I don't know psionics much, but aren't they pretty easy to pump full of PP for extra damage die and thus making it pretty dang easy to one-shot guys with this Toxic Poison feature? But, again, I'm not familiar with Psionics. Just on feeling though, I'd say lowering it to 1 point per die would be better.
There's a few factors that make this work out as a good idea. One is that Con damage is per-HD HP reduction. 2 Con damage does 1 HP/HD, so it's dealing more damage per die right when gotten, assuming equal HD. Will cut in half and remove Ref save for half. Will keep the Fort-negates and pick of physical score.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:33:34 PM by Versatility_Nut »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »
Yeah but Con hitting zero also kills outright. And because it's damage it keeps stacking. Two powers of a 3-5 dice power is doing 6-10 Con Damage on hit. Between level 3-5 where you have that low a manifester level, suddenly you're autokilling in 2 powers. You wouldn't even need a party beyond some one to heal you maybe.

Then do this on AoE powers, which tend towards the higher levels so higher ML, and what, a 10th ML AoE damage power drops 20 points of Con Damage on everything within like a 20-40ft area? In one casting.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 12:20:33 AM »
Yeah but Con hitting zero also kills outright. And because it's damage it keeps stacking. Two powers of a 3-5 dice power is doing 6-10 Con Damage on hit. Between level 3-5 where you have that low a manifester level, suddenly you're autokilling in 2 powers. You wouldn't even need a party beyond some one to heal you maybe.
Oh, it's worse than that. PsyWar list includes healing, so they can self-heal.

Then do this on AoE powers, which tend towards the higher levels so higher ML, and what, a 10th ML AoE damage power drops 20 points of Con Damage on everything within like a 20-40ft area? In one casting.
It's worse than that. Energy Missile [Toxic] deals 6 ability damage to 5 targets for 3 PP, DC 12+Cha. Normally. Augmenting increases that DC by 1 per 2 dice of damage, and Sting reduces augmentation and base cost by one, minimum one. So, making a Full Attack with that Sting, you get to have 10 ability damage, DC 13+Cha, to five targets for 4 PP. For 10 PP? That's 22 ability damage, DC 16 For save, five targets.

Which is why I just cut the damage in half for it. Averting that was the point of Ref-for-half, Fort-negate, but running numbers was a quick response of "not enough nerf-stick." Now I'm working on the first Crysmal AFC based on materials: The Deep Crysmal. The dedicated manifester AFC, sacking BAB and Con for Wilder-based things, will, in fact, be named the Psicrysmal, but that will be an energy-based thing, fluff-wise, not materials-based. I'll get a Crysmal pun in every spot I can put it...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 12:49:32 AM »
Alrighty then. That's my concerns, for the most part, I suppose.  :plot

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 01:05:05 AM »
I'm sure Oslecamo is eventually going to come in and say something about it, but all of the elementals in this project have 2+Int skill points, no armor proficiency, and full elemental immunities just fyi.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 01:37:52 AM »
I'm sure Oslecamo is eventually going to come in and say something about it, but all of the elementals in this project have 2+Int skill points, no armor proficiency, and full elemental immunities just fyi.
Directly from the guidelines:

2-If it's not an undead or construct, then ignore the basic monster saves, skills, proefeciencies and Bab progression. The monster class will have those based on the extra abilities they have. The more and/or better abilities, the worst saves/skills/Bab/proefeciencies the monster should have.
Two Poor saves, DR bypassed by a basic physical energy type, an ability that lets you manifest one power during a Full Attack and some energy substitution shenanigans. Said shenanigans are strong, with Sickened being one of the stronger debuffs due to being -2 to basically everything, and ability damage on the scale of 1 PP per point is nasty, but it's not extremely strong. It uses a delayed progression of one of the better gish-meet-can classes, but is at 3/4 BAB and doesn't get the flexibility of bonus feats. Said delay can be bought off at the cost of being stuck with Tiny size, which actually is against the guidelines for being actually pretty strong.

It's fairly grounded in terms of what can be done with it. It has "Manifest with discount on Full Attack with natural weapon"  at level 2, which is a lot more restrictive than probably all other such abilities, which is why I gave it the discount(well, that, and PP-heavy Blaster abilities like their metamagic). The "1 Ability Damage per PP, 20 ft. burst AoE available" is still strong, but not as bad as what comes out of optimizing the early classes, which can get rapidly insane. It's basically a really wonky Psionic Duskblade, having to center AoEs directly in front in it to use them with their attack-manifesting.

... I realize that it'd be a lot better to define the powers added to learnable list as an actual list instead of description. It'd save a bunch of the issues with being scared of things getting broken open. Adding edit now.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 04:15:21 AM »
Off the top of my head, Tiny Creatures here usually come coupled with being treated as small size when not beneficial, which later on disappears>
Like petals for instance: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=16048.msg282273#msg282273
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline Threadnaught

• 1% good ideas 99% crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 06:26:37 AM »
Monster Entry states no armour, which means no armour proficiency. Fix that.

Table has nothing but stat increases at 4th level, Class lacks interesting 4th level ability. Fix that.
Either reduce the levels, or squeeze a little more out of this.

Again... No Armour Proficiency.

Edit: I went back to my only currently published Class to fix some wording, if you want to check it out. It should be in the Animals folder, but it currently isn't. That's using the base CR as a guide.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:42:48 AM by Threadnaught »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
True, that basically makes 4th level a dead level. It's be a good place to input the energy resistances this thing's original statblock has. Like Cold/Fire Resist equal to HD, Electricity Resist equal to 1/2 HD. I mean, this thing is usually immune to Fire/Cold but w/e, just going off what I usually see for Energy Resist scalings around here.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 02:59:47 PM »
Monster Entry states no armour, which means no armour proficiency. Fix that.

Table has nothing but stat increases at 4th level, Class lacks interesting 4th level ability. Fix that.
Either reduce the levels, or squeeze a little more out of this.

Again... No Armour Proficiency.

Edit: I went back to my only currently published Class to fix some wording, if you want to check it out. It should be in the Animals folder, but it currently isn't. That's using the base CR as a guide.
Armor proficiency is just Light so that they have armor to wear. Yes, the NA makes up for not having armor, but not getting armor effects means that higher levels are painful, and armor is not quite worth a feat tax, given the expenses of the higher end stuff. +4 AC for 200 GP is strong, yes, especially paired with the NA, but it's not significantly beyond typical PC stats. Besides, the cost for unusual body shape will be a big deal at low levels, where that extra AC is actually a big deal.

Oh, and one of the first-level PsyWar powers gives +4 armor bonus to AC that's augmentable, making the only reason to wear actual armor being to save PP and have something to enhance magically. Big advantage, not always worth -2 to everything Strength and Dexterity based, including attack rolls.

True, that basically makes 4th level a dead level. It's be a good place to input the energy resistances this thing's original statblock has. Like Cold/Fire Resist equal to HD, Electricity Resist equal to 1/2 HD. I mean, this thing is usually immune to Fire/Cold but w/e, just going off what I usually see for Energy Resist scalings around here.
Know I was forgetting something... I'll put down the resistances there. And, because of how energy damage scales when Psionics is being flung around, I went with 2xHD for Fire and Cold and HD for Electricity.

Off the top of my head, Tiny Creatures here usually come coupled with being treated as small size when not beneficial, which later on disappears>
Like petals for instance: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=16048.msg282273#msg282273
+1 to Attack and AC, +4 to Hide and -4 to Grapple is pretty significant, and that's what Tiny gets over Small. Will add such wording to that effect.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:02:47 PM by Versatility_Nut »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
Some comments at first glance:
-There is no psionic class in D&D 3.5 as far as I'm aware. Perhaps you meant the psychic warrior.
-About armor proficiency, a key point of the classes around here is to allow people to play monsters. Feel like the monsters. And in my humble opinion pushing a monster to wear armor when they normally don't is kinda against that. Plus it is resulting in a pretty sick AC in particular when it already has a higher than normal 1+Con mod and then you throw the fastest growing Con progression of any monster class here for good measure.  +12 Con over 6 levels? Maybe you missed the pattern, but classes around here seriously cut down on inflated stat scores and no monster class has +2 to any stat beyond the first and growth swaps. I don't know what you mean by " typical PC stats", but it's certainly higher than other monster classes around here average.
-On the other hand being a playable character demands some way of communicating with other party members. Being unable to speak is acceptable, but only if you offer some alternative for communicating with others.
-If your class grants no elemental immunities, you should point it out, like elementals and constructs/undead monster classes point out the traits given (or not) just in case.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 06:07:43 PM »
Some comments at first glance:
-There is no psionic class in D&D 3.5 as far as I'm aware. Perhaps you meant the psychic warrior.
Thanks for the typo-fix.

-About armor proficiency, a key point of the classes around here is to allow people to play monsters. Feel like the monsters. And in my humble opinion pushing a monster to wear armor when they normally don't is kinda against that. Plus it is resulting in a pretty sick AC in particular when it already has a higher than normal 1+Con mod and then you throw the fastest growing Con progression of any monster class here for good measure.  +12 Con over 6 levels? Maybe you missed the pattern, but classes around here seriously cut down on inflated stat scores and no monster class has +2 to any stat beyond the first and growth swaps. I don't know what you mean by " typical PC stats", but it's certainly higher than other monster classes around here average.
It gives +8 Con, unless you stick to Tiny size, which has some issues relating to stuff I haven't typed out yet. Yes, I'll be giving size restrictions to the PRCs and probably feats. Which means +4 HD per HD, +4 NA, +4 Fort save and +4 Concentration. Which... Quite easily makes up for all durability concerns. Removing Light Armor Proficiency.

-On the other hand being a playable character demands some way of communicating with other party members. Being unable to speak is acceptable, but only if you offer some alternative for communicating with others.
They also have Terran as their default language, which means they have limited access to people to communicate with, by default. Trying to think about how to communicate in a way that isn't just telepathy... Although Telepathy does offer some room for weirder choices. Range limits can make sure that Mindsight isn't able to be a big boost. Needs to be a special quality for Mindsight qualification, though, so rolling it into the Crysmal Body as a communication method might prevent it from being accessible. Need RAW verification on that...

-If your class grants no elemental immunities, you should point it out, like elementals and constructs/undead monster classes point out the traits given (or not) just in case.
It gives the listed traits due to being an Elemental, which includes Poison and Disease immunity. The default rules are that you get the traits unless stated otherwise. Though I'll add "doesn't get other Elemental traits" to the wording, just to make sure RAI is RAW.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:57 PM »
It gives the listed traits due to being an Elemental, which includes Poison and Disease immunity. The default rules are that you get the traits unless stated otherwise. Though I'll add "doesn't get other Elemental traits" to the wording, just to make sure RAI is RAW.

The reason that oslecamo wanted you to specify is because you explicitly decided to not grant all traits granted by the elemental type such as Paralysis and Stunning immunity.  If you don't list that they aren't gained people will assume that you just forgot to list them and give their Crysmal's all Elemental traits.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
"sting" ... small thing about that.

Int of 6 and no language, means it understands it's attack to be a whatever.
It's those dang Earth Elementals fault, teasing it all the time out on the sparkly playground.
It would need an Int of 10 to eventually  figure out, it's attack is a Lesser Crystal Shard (Metacreativity).
Or somesuch.

[ /peanutgallery ]
Your codpiece is a mimic.