Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94489 times)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
Because, if the answer is "A", then that means that I would not be able to use TK in combat for anything other than combat maneuvers, since TK wielded weapons can only hit once per round, and only deal weapon damage. 8d8 averages to 36 damage, FWIW.
You realize you can throw one weapon per caster level right?

First, I'm not talking about Violent Thrust. I'm talking about Telekinetic Wielder of the Master of the Unseen Hand.

Telekinetic Wielder: By maintaining concentration on the combat maneuver version of telekinesis, a master of the unseen hand of 2nd level or higher can make a single attack with an unattended weapon or one he is holding, moving the weapon up to 20 feet before the attack. Resolve the attack as normal, except that the weapon's movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. The master of the unseen hand's base attack bonus on this attempt is equal to his caster level plus his Charisma modifier. Any weapon-related feats the master of the unseen hand has (such as Weapon Focus and Power Attack) do not apply when he's telekinetically wielding a weapon.

Second, even if this was about how Violent Thrust works, even with it being one per caster level, having every weapon automatically shrink the second it is touched means that, while I'm not getting the size modifier to the attack roll, I would be getting the penalty.
Additionally, it means that boulders would always deal more damage than weapons, in my case. This is because there are no weapons that deal 1d6 for Fak's Size. This is compounded by the fact that (at CL 15), if I had to choose between throwing 15, 25lb boulders dealing 1d6 each, or one 375lb boulder dealing 15d6, I would choose the second, because of DR, and not wanting to make 15 freaking attack rolls. Applying that same theory to weapons, and it makes why I don't want to have a bunch of mini weapons for that use of TK clear too.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
Double Post, I know, but oh well. This is for a different purpose anyway  :P

So, looking through the data, it looks like, as far as group one goes, Arthur and Regi are done, and Saber is only missing his background.
Melichor, Alan, Koro, and USP (Unnamed SorO Project), are in various stages of the creation process.

Does this meet the three that you need to start group 1, or does Multi need to write his BG?

@ RD

I like both of the concepts you are putting up.
The Saint could actually go pretty good with the Eagle, Ghost, and Oni (if CNC builds that), making for a full military team, an assembly of captains.
Not dying is actually more useful than you think. First of all, try reading up to the end of our first battle in the other game. Now imagine that you have a party with Regen / Fast Healing, where you can hold the line, while we hide behind you healing up. Plus, style points for a D&D HALO battle entry... sans para-shoot. But, yeah, I really wish we'd had someone built for this kind of defense in the battle against the pirates.

The Kennen could really go with either group.

... but I do have 2 more ideas for characters (I've decided that the Extractor would be a bit too complicated at this time).
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »
Currently my concepts (any of which I could knock together within 24 hrs or so) are:

Oni 4, Martial Adept 4 (possibly Sublime Rogue) using the Aristocrat PoP to be a toolbox of whatever sort is needed

Fighter 6, Saint 2 with pure crafting focus (only if Raineh doesn't go that route)

The Trickster type I alluded to a page back, probably an Eternal Royal using Lunatic Princess Prince and Open Jaws

An F-Zero Racer using some sort of Super Robot Wars class with the mecha shrunk and turned into a racer. This one would be ranged combat focused.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »
I think I've got...

Something 6 (probably Crusader)/Saint 2. Still inclined to do Anthromorphic Animal and make them look like an angel, grab Versatile or something on level 1.

Anthromorphic Animal 6 (only way to get something less than a foot high with butterfly stylings. Also stacks with Sneak Attack)/Rogue, Psychic Rogue, or Ninja 2. Would dearly love to stick this on them, because I find the idea of a tiny ascetic ninja strangely adorable.

Ocean Giant 8. Because why the hell not play a giant mermaid?

(There is also the 'how many monstrosities can I stack' idea, which involves starting with Hellwasp Swarm and then using monster hybrid to take Gelatinous Cube or something)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
Because, if the answer is "A", then that means that I would not be able to use TK in combat for anything other than combat maneuvers, since TK wielded weapons can only hit once per round, and only deal weapon damage. 8d8 averages to 36 damage, FWIW.
You realize you can throw one weapon per caster level right?

First, I'm not talking about Violent Thrust. I'm talking about Telekinetic Wielder of the Master of the Unseen Hand.

Telekinetic Wielder: By maintaining concentration on the combat maneuver version of telekinesis, a master of the unseen hand of 2nd level or higher can make a single attack with an unattended weapon or one he is holding, moving the weapon up to 20 feet before the attack. Resolve the attack as normal, except that the weapon's movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. The master of the unseen hand's base attack bonus on this attempt is equal to his caster level plus his Charisma modifier. Any weapon-related feats the master of the unseen hand has (such as Weapon Focus and Power Attack) do not apply when he's telekinetically wielding a weapon.
36 damage with each attack before other modifiers still is pretty far from shabby.

Second, even if this was about how Violent Thrust works, even with it being one per caster level, having every weapon automatically shrink the second it is touched means that, while I'm not getting the size modifier to the attack roll, I would be getting the penalty.
There's a diference between "wielder" and "touch". The weapon won't automatically shrink if you throw them at someone unless they have something lie catch arrows that would allow them to catch it mid-flight.

Double Post, I know, but oh well. This is for a different purpose anyway  :P

So, looking through the data, it looks like, as far as group one goes, Arthur and Regi are done, and Saber is only missing his background.
Melichor, Alan, Koro, and USP (Unnamed SorO Project), are in various stages of the creation process.

Does this meet the three that you need to start group 1, or does Multi need to write his BG?
It would be enough to start, if muktidata showed signs of life.

Currently my concepts (any of which I could knock together within 24 hrs or so) are:

Oni 4, Martial Adept 4 (possibly Sublime Rogue) using the Aristocrat PoP to be a toolbox of whatever sort is needed

Fighter 6, Saint 2 with pure crafting focus (only if Raineh doesn't go that route)

The Trickster type I alluded to a page back, probably an Eternal Royal using Lunatic Princess Prince and Open Jaws

An F-Zero Racer using some sort of Super Robot Wars class with the mecha shrunk and turned into a racer. This one would be ranged combat focused.
Open Jaws allowed, except for rushes.

I think I've got...

Something 6 (probably Crusader)/Saint 2. Still inclined to do Anthromorphic Animal and make them look like an angel, grab Versatile or something on level 1.

Anthromorphic Animal 6 (only way to get something less than a foot high with butterfly stylings. Also stacks with Sneak Attack)/Rogue, Psychic Rogue, or Ninja 2. Would dearly love to stick this on them, because I find the idea of a tiny ascetic ninja strangely adorable.

(There is also the 'how many monstrosities can I stack' idea, which involves starting with Hellwasp Swarm and then using monster hybrid to take Gelatinous Cube or something)

I have witnessed a bunch of diferent "Vow of Poverty fixes" over my years as a DM. To be honest they have left a somewhat sour taste in my mouth for a myriad of reasons and that one doesn't seem too diferent, thus I'm afraid I will veto it.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
Understandable. I'm just concerned about being crushed under the weight of any magic items. :lmao

Hm... don't like Psychic Rogue (I'd get the useful-for-stealth powers way too late. Pity about not getting compression, though), so that leaves normal Rogue or Ninja. Probably CA Ninja... if I can work out a way to hide or get invisibility more often. Shadowdancer unfortunately has perform as a prerequisite. >_>;

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »

Why not indeed...

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
Understandable. I'm just concerned about being crushed under the weight of any magic items. :lmao

Hm... don't like Psychic Rogue (I'd get the useful-for-stealth powers way too late. Pity about not getting compression, though), so that leaves normal Rogue or Ninja. Probably CA Ninja... if I can work out a way to hide or get invisibility more often. Shadowdancer unfortunately has perform as a prerequisite. >_>;

You could try the Invisible Fist monk ACF from EoE and then add ninja levels and take Ascetic Stalker.  Have you checked out the ninja handbook yet?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »
I've read it, but I think I need to do so again.

Don't think I particularly want Ascetic Stalker, though. And I do want at least five levels of Anthromorphic Animal (to get down to Diminutive and get the 'AA levels stack with sudden strike' thing). Invisible Fist, on the other hand, is very nice. Hmm.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
... I have an idea that's actually relatively easy to write up (though I'm not entirely sure on feats to take with it): AA 1/Pseudonatural Creature 7. Or AA 5/Titanic Creature 3 (for a colossal creature with disturbing amounts of tentacles). Either way, grappling and/or insane reach is the main priority*. :lmao

Which puts my collection of ideas up to: Fighter 6/Saint 2 (for surviving and Pure Crafting, I forgot Fighter has Craft as a skill); Anthromoprhic Animal 5/Monk 2/Ninja 1 (for sneaking and backstabbing); Ocean Giant 8 (for water); and the above two possibilities for grappling stuff and being insanely freakish.

*any place I can look for advice on that?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:39:43 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
*any place I can look for advice on that?

There is a whole grappling handbook.

Since we're sharing: My two ideas are Spirit of Healing & Dragonite.

I do have another, but the concept itself is still a WIP.

Apologies for taking so long to post anything at all in this. My Picori, if still cool with you, is just about 90% complete (minus spell selection and such)

I have reposted it here under spoiler for convenience:

(click to show/hide)

Missed the feedback comment.

I can't tell what it is you're trying to do with the character.

Done yet?
(Not that I want to get started or anything.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:14:03 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2013, 12:13:47 PM »
I couldn't find the handbook, for some reason. Thanks. ^^;

The giant one seems like it'd be more 'trip and smash anything that moves', I guess, with grappling reserved for the thing so very good at it. @_@
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:29:07 PM by Raineh Daze »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »
If you didn't want to drag magic items around with you, you could try the Hoard Monster Feat.

If you're 6 inches tall your "vault" could be the equivalent of a mouse hole, filled with gems as big as you are, doll sized furniture made of solid platinum, etc.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2013, 06:40:56 PM »
... that probably works with my inability to choose feats to save my life. Forgot about that one. :lmao

Hm, so, final opinion: diminutive ninja (unless I work out a way to get fine), or that pseudonatural monstrosity? :O

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »
Personally speaking, both characters seem quite interesting, but I would like to see the pseudonatural creature more. :p

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
Personally speaking, both characters seem quite interesting, but I would like to see the pseudonatural creature more. :p

"Personally speaking, both characters seem quite interesting" (+1), but I think the pseudonatural creature could contribute more.

So, Osle, just so I understand something here:
If a weapon were to be sized as Colossal, and then TK were to 'grab' it with Combat Maneuver or Sustained Force, would it then shrink?
If a weapon were to be sized as Colossal, and then TK were to throw it with Violent Thrust, would it then shrink?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
... checking something to do with Hoard: at level 8, conditions are satisfied if I can get a 150' x 150' x 10' room somewhere? @_@

How in the hell am I supposed to scale this thing up with levels? Borrow a palace basement? :lmao

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
What would the Psuedonatural Creature build be Nintendo Universe wise? For that matter, what would the diminutive ninja be?

A grapplemonster with insane reach would be fairly hilarious riding on Verres the giant eagle, assuming you could ready an action to grapple a target as he flew past it.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
What would the Psuedonatural Creature build be Nintendo Universe wise? For that matter, what would the diminutive ninja be?

I would honestly need help with these bits, because I've not played much Nintendo stuff for ages. >.<

... Missingno?

A grapplemonster with insane reach would be fairly hilarious riding on Verres the giant eagle, assuming you could ready an action to grapple a target as he flew past it.

Thing is, the insane reach option is the one I'm not going with. They'd also only get that when Colossal. Still, 60 feet. XD

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2013, 09:49:54 PM »

I would honestly need help with these bits, because I've not played much Nintendo stuff for ages. >.<

... Missingno?

:lmao

Lets not bridge that. It might ruin the data on our cartridge.
How about a genetic experiment on blending poke DNA?

Something like a researcher, using Ditto as a basis (and also explaining why you came out as "Normal Type"), to blend the forms of Tangrowth (Tentacles) and Wailord (size).
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome