Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XI :What Do you Want to Bitch About?  (Read 158061 times)

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: The Small Rants Thread XI :What Do you Want to Bitch About?
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »
Hatred is an ugly, ugly thing. Whenever my kid's mother starts ranting on the phone, i need to keep my cool despite the fact that i'm seething with anger, ready to commit unspeakable acts of horror, my blood pressure rises, my heartbeat shoots out, and sometimes i even get cold sweats. Right now, i have a headache because of it.

Goddamn right i'm getting a vasectomy as soon as my kid leaves for his mom again. I never want children again in my life. I have been permanently scared off of ever reproducing again, period.

Women shouldn't have this much power over a man. It's fucking ridiculous.

Never going to marry as well. Can't take the risk of getting a divorce rape later in life.

Seriously, i sometimes envy gay men. Too bad i really don't like dudes, or else i'd have converted by now.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »
That kind of thing can happen between gay/lesbian couples too.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Hatred is an ugly, ugly thing. Whenever my kid's mother starts ranting on the phone, i need to keep my cool despite the fact that i'm seething with anger, ready to commit unspeakable acts of horror, my blood pressure rises, my heartbeat shoots out, and sometimes i even get cold sweats. Right now, i have a headache because of it.

Goddamn right i'm getting a vasectomy as soon as my kid leaves for his mom again. I never want children again in my life. I have been permanently scared off of ever reproducing again, period.

Never going to marry as well. Can't take the risk of getting a divorce rape later in life.

Seriously, i sometimes envy gay men. Too bad i really don't like dudes, or else i'd have converted by now.

Let's be honest here - given your concerns over being alcoholic, I think the vasectomy is a good idea anything.

That stuff runs in the family, you know.

(Sympathies, though.)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »

Let's be honest here - given your concerns over being alcoholic, I think the vasectomy is a good idea anything.

(Sympathies, though.)

... you do realise the implications of what you just said, right?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2015, 05:52:14 PM »

(Sympathies, though.)

... you do realise the implications of what you just said, right?

Yes.

Yes, I do.

There are, however, differences between going "you know, if you're thinking of vasectomy due to not wanting to have kids, here's another reason that might make that a good idea; after all, alcoholism runs in family due to both exposure to bad examples and genetic factors" and "we should chemically geld people who have family histories of regrettable things". These differences are both qualitative and quantitative.

I mean, I already have "I am unfit to be a parent" and "my family has some unfortunate things in our medical history" on the list of reasons why I think it would be a bad idea for me to have kids.

I'm not going to give people advice that I wouldn't be willing to follow myself. Especially not about (mostly) irreversible medical procedures.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
And the difference between 'good idea in theory' and 'good idea to say'?

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
My not-quite-but-maybe alcoholism is more behavioral than anything insofar as i can reasonably assume. It kind of snowballed from last year up until new, in a bit of a crescendo, culminating on my birthday party on sunday.

If i had to describe what my drinking habit has been so far, it's like, when i begin, i don't have an "off" switch anymore. I can hold off on beggining to drink, but if i do begin to drink, i want to keep drinking until either money runs out, booze runs out, i get too tired, or everyone else decides they had enough and i get bored and go home/sleep.

Before, when i drank too much, i puked my brains out and went to sleep. I don't seem to puke after drinking too much anymore. I just get more and more drunk, more and more erratic, until such a point as where i'm too tired and collapse on bed.

Sunday, i got a bit scared over how much i drank. Half a liter of run, a liter of vodka, over 20 cans of beer, plus even more beer and rum once my mom kicked us out of the house and told us to continue the party somewhere else. This was in the span of a little over 6~7 hours of partying. I had to look after my not-quite-GF-but-almost because she tried to keep up. I woke up in the afternoon, i was still drunk. I took her home in the evening, and i was still drunk. I only felt sober at about 22 on monday. Felt like shit whole monday, tuesday, and wednesday what i did was go to a party for a friend that's moving out of state and, unsurprisingly, only came home thursday 8:30 P.M, out partying the whole night, shitfaced.

So, it's less drinking-every-single-day and more getting absolutely shitfaced/hammered 3 to 4 times a week, because my organism can't even handle more than that.

My hypothesis is that if i stop drinking entirely for long enough, my body will lose its massive tolerance to alcohol, and i'll be unable to drink like this, even if i want to, until i build enough tolerance again (which i plan not to). I'll be getting my son in a few hours, and he'll stay with me for a whole month, so hopefully, that'll be enough of an incentive for me to call it quits for a while.

Things i've read online seem to oscillate between classifying my kind of drinking as a type of substance abuse and full-blown alcoholism, lines seem a bit blurry there. It probably has to do with the fact i've been feeling a bit depressed lately... A bit might be an understatement.

Curiously enough, nobody in my family insofar as i know has had any sort of major issue with alcohol, leading credence to my thinking that what i'm feeling is just behavioral. Probably due to the fact that for the past year i have had zero routine or order in my life whatsoever. In desperate need of healthy hobbies and a job, or grad school. I should've started grad school back in August but had a bit of a falling out with my parents which lead to me losing the deadline for enrolling, and that combined with the rollercoaster relationship with the blonde succubus i was dating back then put that on hold.

Sigh... Life's a bit of a mess, i'm afraid. Thankfully, girl i'm seeing has so far shown to be stable, but TBH i'm so scared of commitment i can't seem to feel a thing for her other than close friendship. Heart is a completely blackened out void. We currently are just seeing eachother - nothing formal, commitment isn't expected on either party. Outwardly, at least, she doesn't seem jealous of me at all, but i sense she desperately wants me to commit, but is willing to wait until i come to her and ask her that, due to some past history we had (we were BF/GF for a whole 3 weeks before i dumped her for, you guessed it, blonde succubus).

She's the sweetest little thing ever, caring, nurturing, kind, level-headed. Everyone and their mother is telling me i should commit and lock that down before i lose her, especially my closest friends. Even my mom, who generally doesn't really take after my prospects, is telling me i should really consider settling down with her. That's how sweet she is.

And yet, no dice, i can't really love her. Like a reverse-scenario of what happened between me and blonde succubus. Life's fucking ironic, that's what it is.

wow, that turned into a long rant...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »

None at all, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2015, 06:20:57 PM »
I got rejected for another job.   :banghead

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

Well, this conversation kinda points to the opposite.

What you're describing is alcohol abuse, Brujon. I believe alcoholism proper means physical dependence, unless my memory's failing me. Still bad, like basically every other addiction.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2015, 07:04:45 PM »

ditto (i think)

i do have on sorta on a back burner (for a very short time) but its base is about half of my current base (which i go way far beyond). its pay is 'good' but taking maybe a 60% hit is hard to volunteer for.
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »

Really not sure where you're going with this. And, to be frank, I don't really care.

Damn, that's awful.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »

Really not sure where you're going with this. And, to be frank, I don't really care.

Fine. My point is that the differences between "it's a further reason" and "let's geld people" doesn't in any way change the endorsement of the idea that only a certain subset of the population should have children because of a superior upbringing or genetics. And that by not thinking anything of mentioning it, you're liable to insult people at random. Scientific validity doesn't make it appropriate.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »

Fine. My point is that the differences between "it's a further reason" and "let's geld people" doesn't in any way change the endorsement of the idea that only a certain subset of the population should have children because of a superior upbringing or genetics. And that by not thinking anything of mentioning it, you're liable to insult people at random. Scientific validity doesn't make it appropriate.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. People tell me I'm overly blunt, so I guess that's where the issue pops up.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:15 PM »

ditto (i think)

i do have on sorta on a back burner (for a very short time) but its base is about half of my current base (which i go way far beyond). its pay is 'good' but taking maybe a 60% hit is hard to volunteer for.

I don't have a current.   :(

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
dang  :hug

I'm beat, and I still have AT LEAST one more test before the semester is over...

...because I'm bad at maths, and I was 0.55 points away from the minimum grade to pass this one course. CURSES!

Hey you've been saving up on the Kuroi Power for a while ... JUST DO IT !!!!
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
I just broke a tooth on a candy cane.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »
... ouch.

Also, you bit a mint? D:

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2015, 10:06:43 PM »
Never chew on candy canes.  That way you can turn them into a shiv!
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.