Author Topic: Powerful NPCs  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Powerful NPCs
« on: June 23, 2015, 02:34:51 AM »
What is the most powerful antagonizing NPC you have ever made?

For me it was a construct girl by the name of InZe (Infinite Zero).  On top of the fact that she had a +5 level adjust, she had 1,000 (yes you saw that right) character levels and insane amount of divine ranks (she was never meant to be directly fought, but there are some people I game with that feel that they MUST fight the bad guy).  In InZe's defense, she isn't really a bad person, she is more like Chaotic Neutral with Chaotic tendencies.  Also VERY insane, she was created from the destruction of entire universe.  Her personalities are all but uncountable and you can see her cycle throught the personalites by watching her eyes. Looks similar to this but not exactly the same.  I guess you could say she was an entire universe in human(iod) form.  Eventually I abandoned the character as I gave up on the campaign (I realized I would have to HEAVILY railroad the campaign, and that is fun for no one).  I can discuss more on this topic if you want, but I'd also like to hear what you guys have made in your campaigns.
Signature here.

Offline Unbeliever

• Legendary Member
  • gentleman gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Powerful NPCs
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
I'm a simple creature, more than half the reason I play/run D&D is b/c it has handy monster manuals.  I usually go no further than tweaking the flavor, possibly throwing a relatively simple template on a monster stat block, and messing with its feats and spell-likes to make it interesting. 

At a 1000+ levels I'm pretty sure we're not talking about playing the same game anymore.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Powerful NPCs
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
There was a contests that was dragon themed at wizards in which I had some rude judges.  I made a half-dragon something or other with a strength in the 50 range, and whose arch nemeses were his draconic father and the cult of an atropal known as the Dead God in the Bushes.

haven't made many powerful npc's.

Weird npc's, that my bread and butter.