Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94639 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »
No.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »
Plant suceeds in holding into Kurt again.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
So let me see if I get this straight from the last IC posts, you're going with a "lure the plants in and knock them out with subdual damage"? You can then time-skip ahead, just checking whetever any deku baba manages to save against the luring call (and when Kurt manages to break free).

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »
So let me see if I get this straight from the last IC posts, you're going with a "lure the plants in and knock them out with subdual damage"? You can then time-skip ahead, just checking whetever any deku baba manages to save against the luring call (and when Kurt manages to break free).

It sounds a lot better then the "Get into a fight with creatures the GM has hand selected, in a region the GM prepared specifically for this fight" plan. :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like something Jeremy would be okay with.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:30 AM »
I am specifically getting Phae across to the group, but that sounds like a plan Kong would be fine with. He has big hands, nonlethal/subdual damage shouldn't be an issue.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »
*Is curious who should trigger the Time Skip, since the plant will let go once knocked unconscious anyway.
*Is curious how long until someone notices that this is the wrong thread.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2013, 03:21:53 PM »
Regideus picks up the plant in one hand, Kurt in the other and rips them apart. He then burrows a tunnel over to the door, bypassing the plants entirely.

This accomplished he realizes he's in the wrong game and goes back to waiting for his game to start.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
*Is curious who should trigger the Time Skip, since the plant will let go once knocked unconscious anyway.
*Is curious how long until someone notices that this is the wrong thread.
:banghead Tabs will be the death of me.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
This discussion is baffling. Somehow, I feel I have missed something important. @_@

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
Oslecamo accidentally posted on this thread instead of the OOC thread for the other campaign (incidentally, if you've a spare hour or so you could do worse than read that game. It's pretty interesting stuff.) and the players from that game replied on the same thread, so it's a contextless snippet of discussion about another ongoing game.

How is your Saint coming, by the way? My holy rockmonster would like to get to the crushing of armies and whatnot.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:21:29 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
I haven't written them up yet because this conversation was confusing me and I was wondering if it had already started. Problem solved, so I'll be writing them up either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, depending on how my abysmal attention span fares.

... also because I keep getting distracted by an MMORPG.  :blush

At least I know their appearance this time around.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
Looking at the characters... I don't think I'd be contributing anything useful, really. I'm not going to be taking part. Sorry.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »
Looking at the characters... I don't think I'd be contributing anything useful, really. I'm not going to be taking part. Sorry.

Okay, given this, I'm going to sit down, start and finish Veres, the Evil Eagle (Alignment = TN) (as per the boss from Links Awakening), & his cohort Fak (MotUH build). Right now. Only thing I might not get done before I pass out for the night would be Gear.

This is assuming no-one has a problem with me doing this (Osle said he didn't).

Flay and Ano have both also expressed interest. Just kinda mentioning that, because I don't know what has become of this.

For Veres:
Changes to the original proposal to not use Hydra, instead using Titanic for the growth.
This gives better speed and carrying, which was the whole point, and less of insane uber-charging, which wouldn't have been much fun to just blitz-pounce everything to death.

Permission to re-fluff Monster of Legend's Breath Weapon option as being Evil Eagle's "Feather Wind" instead of being based on "Breath"?

For Fak:
New stub =  Al-mi'raj 1 / Factotum 1 / Al-mi'raj 1 / Ghost 2 /  MotUH 2
Still Facade, who got fused to a rabbit, instead of lizard.

Majorly important EDIT:
Hm. Are saves and BAB fractional?
No.
However:
Answering questions from the other threads piled overnight. Let me know if I missed something.

[...]
Are fractional BAB and saves in effect?
Sure, why not?

Which is it?

More Edit Questions: All about gear edition.

Well, one question is already answered:
Leadership is fine as long as you don't pull anything too cheesy. Also your cohort only gets elite array and NPC WBL.
... was the question.

1) Are we using the SirP Houserule for weapon & armour enhancements?
2) Can I use a (likely more expensive... say 2k?) variant of the Vestments of Styles to basically be able to take the forms of various saddle arrays (generally including packs, often including multiple Rider-seats)? Also... Having them be able to change into a backpack & clothing when in my DIF.
3) Giant Eagle does not have any "Proficiency" section, which makes me curious as to whether I can even have light barding (armour) w/o a penalty on attacks. I know medium or heavy would make me not fly, and thus be useless, but I would think light barding would be suited to what Giant Eagles are. What are your thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:43:44 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »

For Veres:
Changes to the original proposal to not use Hydra, instead using Titanic for the growth.
This gives better speed and carrying, which was the whole point, and less of insane uber-charging, which wouldn't have been much fun to just blitz-pounce everything to death.

Permission to re-fluff Monster of Legend's Breath Weapon option as being Evil Eagle's "Feather Wind" instead of being based on "Breath"?
Do it.

Majorly important EDIT:
Hm. Are saves and BAB fractional?
No.
However:
Answering questions from the other threads piled overnight. Let me know if I missed something.

[...]
Are fractional BAB and saves in effect?
Sure, why not?

Which is it?
:blush

I'll go with my previous word, fractional saves are in.

1) Are we using the SirP Houserule for weapon & armour enhancements?
2) Can I use a (likely more expensive... say 2k?) variant of the Vestments of Styles to basically be able to take the forms of various saddle arrays (generally including packs, often including multiple Rider-seats)? Also... Having them be able to change into a backpack & clothing when in my DIF.
3) Giant Eagle does not have any "Proficiency" section, which makes me curious as to whether I can even have light barding (armour) w/o a penalty on attacks. I know medium or heavy would make me not fly, and thus be useless, but I would think light barding would be suited to what Giant Eagles are. What are your thoughts on this?
1)Yes
2)Ok
3)As long as the armor/barding has no skill penalty, you can wear it whitout problem even whitout proficiency.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

Okay, given this, I'm going to sit down, start and finish Veres, the Evil Eagle (Alignment = TN) (as per the boss from Links Awakening), & his cohort Fak (MotUH build). Right now. Only thing I might not get done before I pass out for the night would be Gear.

Are you planning to play Verres and Fak in the same party as Arthur the Mage Dragon? No objection if you are, just interested.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »

Are you planning to play Verres and Fak in the same party as Arthur the Mage Dragon? No objection if you are, just interested.

IDK, IDC, just getting bored of waiting, and frustrated with our hokey-pokey membership. It's up to everybody else to finish things up, and osle to dictate who's in what group.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
3)As long as the armor/barding has no skill penalty, you can wear it without problem even without proficiency.

So... I spent almost all of my money on being able to fly & fight in full plate. I am a bad, bad, man.

Crap re-did math, went over-budget anyway.
 :puppy

Ah, well, it was fun in my head. And I still want that armour at some point. Flying around and fighting, in full plate. At gargantuan size.
If I saw a gargantuan eagle, flying really, really fast strait for me, coated in metal, there would be no "Intimidate Check" needed.

Somewhat permission thing: but can I go ahead and have an Everlasting Feedbag for this character. I know he isn't "Equine", as the item calls for, but I really don't want to have to think about what the food conversion is between his DIF & true form might be, nor how much meat a Gargantuan Eagle eats in a week. I'm guessing that there isn't enough meat in the party (members) to feed it, and I don't want to wipe out the local wildlife in every area we come across. I know you (and most DM's) don't track this stuff anyway, but a new massive carnivore in the area has to have some kind of impact.

That said, I believe Veres himself is done mechanically, granting Osle approves everything that's there, background needed.

For background, I'm thinking:
Bird who is a military unit who also helps to deploy military units; Raised in Elbe, though hatched from an egg found in the islands; He's a big eagle; He carries around troops; He hits harder than most troops; He's not much of a thinker; He can also play SR-71, flying high and fast with an amazing Spot check (45 if taking 10); He is also hard to knock down (Lots of HP & Fast Healing).

That isn't a b/g stub. That's really all I've got. He's kind of gruff & quiet. Just don't ignore him when he says he sees or hears something.

Will work on more stuff tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:14:47 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
Somewhat permission thing: but can I go ahead and have an Everlasting Feedbag for this character. I know he isn't "Equine", as the item calls for, but I really don't want to have to think about what the food conversion is between his DIF & true form might be, nor how much meat a Gargantuan Eagle eats in a week. I'm guessing that there isn't enough meat in the party (members) to feed it, and I don't want to wipe out the local wildlife in every area we come across. I know you (and most DM's) don't track this stuff anyway, but a new massive carnivore in the area has to have some kind of impact.

(toe) ring of sustenance?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »

(toe) ring of sustenance?

Everlasting Ration is 350GP. They take care of feeding w/o worrying about all the feeding stuff, but will only feed a medium creature.

Everlasting Feedbag is 800GP. Take care of feeding like the rations, but will work for any equine, of any size, that it is tied to.

Ring of Sustenance is 2,500GP. Feeds & cuts sleep needs in 1/4. Doesn't matter about sleep, because he has an undead cohort to keep watch. Too expensive to afford right now, too. I mean, I could swing it if I changed around my expenses, but the only change I'd really want to make would be which of the three things I've got is the +4 (Str, Con, or Saves). Plus, even if I could afford it, 2.5K for something that doesn't even get tracked normally, and is really only there for fluff is inane.

Does Regideus have any ability to be less than immense?

How goes Melchior, Specter, and SorO's unnamed, unknown Hylian?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome