Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94435 times)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
I've added some background and personality to Alan, and dropped his Specter moniker since it didn't quite seem right.  I have most of his feats taken care of, but still need to work on equipment and module loadout.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
Does Regideus have any ability to be less than immense?

Very much so. His natural size is only large and the ability he uses to become gargantuan can either grow or shrink him two size categories, so he can be small if necessary.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »
I'm reminded of Lego Rock Raiders where if you take out a rock monster (totally inspired and original name!) it turns into three mini-monsters that are oddly kind of cute.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
I'm reminded of Lego Rock Raiders where if you take out a rock monster (totally inspired and original name!) it turns into three mini-monsters that are oddly kind of cute.

Tzeench daemons do it better.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
Somewhat permission thing: but can I go ahead and have an Everlasting Feedbag for this character. I know he isn't "Equine", as the item calls for, but I really don't want to have to think about what the food conversion is between his DIF & true form might be, nor how much meat a Gargantuan Eagle eats in a week. I'm guessing that there isn't enough meat in the party (members) to feed it, and I don't want to wipe out the local wildlife in every area we come across. I know you (and most DM's)
don't track this stuff anyway, but a new massive carnivore in the area has to have some kind of impact.
How about "feeded to the big war bird" being the official method of execution on the land? :p

Also not like there aren't cattle herders and farmers around. If the land can sustain armies in constant war, it certainly can sustain the ocasional trained monster.

Otherwise I'll have to insist on the ring of sustenance.

For background, I'm thinking:
Bird who is a military unit who also helps to deploy military units; Raised in Elbe, though hatched from an egg found in the islands; He's a big eagle; He carries around troops; He hits harder than most troops; He's not much of a thinker; He can also play SR-71, flying high and fast with an amazing Spot check (45 if taking 10); He is also hard to knock down (Lots of HP & Fast Healing).

That isn't a b/g stub. That's really all I've got. He's kind of gruff & quiet. Just don't ignore him when he says he sees or hears something.
Aww, c'mon, you have levels in Freaking Monster of Legend. Can't you come up at least with some epic deeds? It is a prerequisite and everything. :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:13:19 PM by oslecamo »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2013, 12:48:43 AM »
I think I may have a concept that grabs me for a Fire Emblem mythos character.

A Trickster type with a prodigal son type background. From a noble Eturian house (possibly even the royal family), was a deliquent youth and ended up skipping the country in search of a good time/ to avoid the consequences of his actions. Now, in Eturia's hour of need, he's back to save the day. Or that's his story anyway.

Mechanical question: Does the Aptitude Boomerang Daze trick work?

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »

Mechanical question: Does the Aptitude Boomerang Daze trick work?

(click to show/hide)
No, it applies only to feats that allow you to choose a weapon in the first place, and the new one must be a valid choice.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
Can't you come up at least with some epic deeds?

I have now given his background for everything but his leadership, and I have done nothing for Fak as yet. Working on doing a lot of stuff right now, sorry about the delay.

I am pretty sure the level of stupidity 'desperate self-sacrifice and bravery' (since it worked) that was employed to hold the line would be enough to fulfill the prerequisites.

For leadership: is it just the cohort, or are there followers too?
(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
So a new monster class got posted and I am now compelled to build a character with it. Must be thursday!

Are there Oni in Elibe? I've searched for Oni and demons in fire emblem wikis and so far only found the one: Fomortiis, the big bad from the Sacred Stones.

If the Kuwa class is fittable into the mythos, the Dread Champion class seems like a natural progression of its bullying style, assuming it's at an acceptable power level.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »
So a new monster class got posted and I am now compelled to build a character with it. Must be thursday!

You have that problem too? :O

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »
In addition to the above questions:
Can Fak have a Coffin of Unrest made for his size, or at least small?
I just don't see a need to burden Veres with all that weight.

Does Powerful Build count for figuring the damage dealt by Veres' Claws / Beak / Feathers?

If I have Fak wield a weapon with the Sizing ability, can he make it go above Colossal?
Idea is for a Darkwood Greatclub, Ghost Touch & Sizing. Can't currently get it to 12d8, due to weight. But I could have it at 8d8 (average being 36), can't ever get it above 12d8 due to weight limits for TK (nor do I ever plan to try to stack anything else on top of this, though I don't think anything else actually does to add to this, without increasing weight).

Conversely, a supply of infinite 25lb boulders would do just fine ;)

I also do hereby swear not to pull a shrinking lead mountain.

Otherwise, Fak just needs Gear, Skills, & BG.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:42:17 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

Are there Oni in Elibe? I've searched for Oni and demons in fire emblem wikis and so far only found the one: Fomortiis, the big bad from the Sacred Stones.
Demons/oni aren't that common in Elibe yes, but half the point of this campaign is that strange beings can and do come from the neighbour lands/dimensions.

If the Kuwa class is fittable into the mythos, the Dread Champion class seems like a natural progression of its bullying style, assuming it's at an acceptable power level.
Dread Champion too OP for my tastes.

In addition to the above questions:
Can Fak have a Coffin of Unrest made for his size, or at least small?
They only come in standard size.

I just don't see a need to burden Veres with all that weight.

Does Powerful Build count for figuring the damage dealt by Veres' Claws / Beak / Feathers?
No.

If I have Fak wield a weapon with the Sizing ability, can he make it go above Colossal?
Sizing property doesn't exist. Magic weapons automatically adapt to the size most apropriate to the wielder.

Idea is for a Darkwood Greatclub, Ghost Touch & Sizing. Can't currently get it to 12d8, due to weight. But I could have it at 8d8 (average being 36), can't ever get it above 12d8 due to weight limits for TK (nor do I ever plan to try to stack anything else on top of this, though I don't think anything else actually does to add to this, without increasing weight).

Conversely, a supply of infinite 25lb boulders would do just fine ;)

I also do hereby swear not to pull a shrinking lead mountain.

Otherwise, Fak just needs Gear, Skills, & BG.
Heh, no need to hurry or anything.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
Since I think I forgot to: sorry for changing my mind like that. Just don't think that a Saint/Paragon would really have much to contribute when people's cohorts are casters etc.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
Sizing property doesn't exist. Magic weapons automatically adapt to the size most appropriate to the wielder.

How does that work for being wielded by Telekinesis?
A) Does it auto change to the size of the TK-user?
B) Does it change to whatever size (or weight) desired by the TK-user?

Because, if the answer is "A", then that means that I would not be able to use TK in combat for anything other than combat maneuvers, since TK wielded weapons can only hit once per round, and only deal weapon damage. 8d8 averages to 36 damage, FWIW.

Also, I think you might have missed my previous post:
(click to show/hide)

Is current Backstory sufficient for MoL?
Do you still have Leadership grant Followers, or just the Cohort?
If Followers are allowed, the ones as presented above are my ideal.
If Swordsage is not allowed for Followers, and it were to be "NPC class only" (as per the 3.0 rules), would Prime32's Soldier be allowed?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
Since I think I forgot to: sorry for changing my mind like that. Just don't think that a Saint/Paragon would really have much to contribute when people's cohorts are casters etc.
No hard feelings. Altough I must point out many times just being another character that can talk, making one attack every round and holding herself togheter is contribution enough.

Sizing property doesn't exist. Magic weapons automatically adapt to the size most appropriate to the wielder.

How does that work for being wielded by Telekinesis?
A) Does it auto change to the size of the TK-user?
B) Does it change to whatever size (or weight) desired by the TK-user?
A)

Because, if the answer is "A", then that means that I would not be able to use TK in combat for anything other than combat maneuvers, since TK wielded weapons can only hit once per round, and only deal weapon damage. 8d8 averages to 36 damage, FWIW.
You realize you can throw one weapon per caster level right?

Also, I think you might have missed my previous post:
(click to show/hide)

Is current Backstory sufficient for MoL?
Yes, nice work there!

Do you still have Leadership grant Followers, or just the Cohort?
If Followers are allowed, the ones as presented above are my ideal.
Followers can be warriors/experts, adepts at -1 level penalty, PC classes at -2 level penalty, as per the Epic Handbook clarifications.

If Swordsage is not allowed for Followers, and it were to be "NPC class only" (as per the 3.0 rules), would Prime32's Soldier be allowed?
Grab warriors. Give them martial study/martial stance feats. It's absurd for NPC classes to be better at something that the suposed equivalent PC class.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Not dying was looking to be all I'd be good at. Not the most helpful if I can't do anything with not deadness.  :blush

One day, though, I will stop collecting weird ideas. Like butterfly AA assassin. Death by pretty wings inexplicably high precision damage. @_@

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
What were you going to do with Saint/Paragon? Pure Crafting, right? I had a rough build of a Fighter/Saint focusing on pure crafting and it was looking like it'd be able to both not die or be incapacitated (or even inconvienienced most of the time) by pretty much anything and dish out damage that kept up with Regideus's pretty effectively/ do some battlefield control via pure metal dust bombs.

Also, you don't necessarily have to be in the same party as Regideus and his spellshaper cohort, if they seem likely to tread on your toes rolewise. Oslecamo was planning two parties and Arias and I both have alternate concepts aplenty.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2013, 04:20:24 PM »
Pure Crafting, yes. Mithril, full plate, tower shield (because those shields are actually pretty nice), silver weapon most of the time. Purity and Innocence, take the feat early to explain how they made that stuff. Main problem is maintaining full BAB with it and getting crafting. Think I was looking at Crusader at the time.

Now have the idea to do an Anthromorphic Animal ninja... or at least fluffed as a ninja, though the CA Ninja does at least look interesting. Because who doesn't want to see an assassin less than six inches tall? ... well, if there was a way to get them that small. :lmao
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:25:41 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
Pure Crafting, yes. Mithril, full plate, tower shield (because those shields are actually pretty nice), silver weapon most of the time. Purity and Innocence, take the feat early to explain how they made that stuff. Main problem is maintaining full BAB with it and getting crafting. Think I was looking at Crusader at the time.

Now have the idea to do an Anthromorphic Animal ninja... or at least fluffed as a ninja, though the CA Ninja does at least look interesting. Because who doesn't want to see an assassin less than six inches tall? ... well, if there was a way to get them that small. :lmao

Considering my concept character is a Picori, who clock in at "Fine" size category, if you do a six inch tall character, you won't be the shortest member of the party.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
Actually, that is six inches or less. But of course the Minish are smaller, weird little things.