Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94499 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »
What would the Psuedonatural Creature build be Nintendo Universe wise? For that matter, what would the diminutive ninja be?

I would honestly need help with these bits, because I've not played much Nintendo stuff for ages. >.<

... Missingno?

:lmao

Lets not bridge that. It might ruin the data on our cartridge.

But isn't that perfect for what pseudonatural creature represents? Meddling with things that should not be meddled in? Stuff that cannot be comprehended (I mean, there's no in-universe justification for missingno, it's literally 'the world has gone wrong')? :p

Also, Wailord isn't terribly appropriate when I'm going AA 1/Pseudonatural Creature 7 (AA 6/Titanic Creature 2 gets lots of tripping, but not so much fun grapple toys). Though if it was a mix... probably something like Tauros and the Gardevoir line, glued together with Ditto. Or swap Tauros for something which clearly has claws.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
Missingno is amusingly appropriate on the "things that should not be" aspect of PnC. It doesn't really look like a pile of tentacles, however.

What would you be doing with the AA1? Something better than PnC8 with a base race? If not, you could fluff it as some demented individual trying to splice pokemon and human genes together and coming out with a monstrosity.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
Missingno is amusingly appropriate on the "things that should not be" aspect of PnC. It doesn't really look like a pile of tentacles, however.

It looks like a pixelated mess. I am free to interpret that as tentacles, surely? It's got whorls and everything. Also, it can have multiple appearances, so it fits the 'looks possible' to 'oh god what the hell' transformation. XD

Also, getting extra natural attacks and therefore tentacles. The most logical class for that would be the Thri-Keen, but I have no idea what I would be doing with a psionic ant thing.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »
Actually... yes. Missingno does seem absolutely perfect for this when you put it that way.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
So what sort of backstory are you going to write for Missingno? And how will it fit into the party, exactly?

I'm not against it (actually cracking up at the idea) just curious.

As far as Thri Kreen, if you're Missingno you pretty much get to justify absolutely any class choice via "well it's a friggin glitch in reality, how do you explain it?" which could include Thri Kreen easily enough.

If you want Tentacles, though, the Grell gets 6 in 2 levels or 10 in 3. Don't know if it's worth delaying PnC, but it's an option.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:24:55 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
So what sort of backstory are you going to write for Missingno? And how will it fit into the party, exactly?

I'll get back to you on this, rather than working on it at half three in the morning. XD

[As far as Thri Kreen, if you're Missingno you pretty much get to justify absolutely any class choice via "well it's a friggin glitch in reality, how do you explain it?" which could include Thri Kreen easily enough.

I get PLA's I'm not really sure what to do with, is the issue.

If you want Tentacles, though, the Grell gets 6 in 2 levels or 10 in 3. Don't know if it's worth delaying PnC, but it's an option.

I'd jump for it if we were starting at 9th level. As it is... I'm not sure I'd want to delay Time Walk.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »
Or, you can always maximize the sheer level of "came from somewhere else, and it should not exist here" aspect. Also gaining tentacle attacks, at this point three, to a max of 4 at 10 HD. Darkvision, Blindsense, boosts to Str and Con, NA = to 2 + Con mod.

Iä! Iä!
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »
Or, you can always maximize the sheer level of "came from somewhere else, and it should not exist here" aspect. Also gaining tentacle attacks, at this point three, to a max of 4 at 10 HD. Darkvision, Blindsense, boosts to Str and Con, NA = to 2 + Con mod.

Iä! Iä!

... well, certainly an option. Probably two levels to get that speed boost. Because 40 feet now translates to 80 feet next level, plus the dimension door. Probably going to go with that. Gives me something to return to if PsN ever gets completed.

Also gives me another plan for gestalt games. Shoggoth/PsN. Weep in terror, mortals. :D

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
Plus, PnC requires you "tread where gods do not" or something like that. As a Shoggoth, you are that pre-req.

But, yeah, I don't think it gets much more "Glitch in the battle data" than that.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
Yup, an anomaly in the world Very much this as my theme. Even though the song is about Cthulhu, last I checked.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Yup, an anomaly in the world Very much this as my theme. Even though the song is about Cthulhu, last I checked.

It is inspired by several of Lovecrafts works. "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "The Call of Cthulhu" primarily. But it isn't really about either one.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Extended Senses (Ex): In addition to regular vision, the shoggoth has darkvision out to 10 feet per HD (maximum 120 ft.).  The shoggoth is also immune to blindness.  At 4th level, the shoggoth develops blindsight out to 5 feet for every HD over 3 (maximum 60 ft.).

... I'm not sure if the 4th level actually refers to four levels in shoggoth or not. I assume it does. @_@

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Most abilities of monster classes scale with HD, not levels, and that ability isn't one that would usually be an exception. It's probably a case of the writer not knowing the project conventions.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
The Shoggoth has quite a few traits like that (natural armour increases, DR/Cold Iron and Magic, etc.). The way the DR is set up is basically the standard HD/2 thing, though, even if it's tied to the levels.

... oh well, I get DR /- anyway, so I'm not sure it matters much.

Main thing that gets affected is if it's 5+Con Mod or 3+Con Mod for natural armour, and the blindsight there.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
Uh, rough outline of the feats and flaws and stuff:

Missingno (To be given a proper name)

Shoggoth 2/Pseudonatural Creature 6

Background: Somewhere, somehow, reality messed up. Maybe it was too much magic, maybe it was gods' tinkering. Either way, at a horrific nexus formed entirely of world-shaking powers, a figure began to take shape, shielding the world from the aberration. Now, a scant few years down the line, the horror has somehow found its way into the services of the nation... still painfully naive, but useful, in its own way.

Feats:
1st: Deceptively Innocent Form
Flaw (Poor Reflexes): Hoard
3rd: ?
6th: ? (Seriously, I need help with these. What feats can actually benefit an unnatural abomination? D:)

List of obtained class features: Horrific Body, Resilient Skin, All-Around Vision, Ciliate Locomotion, Unspeakable Whispers, Pseudonatural Body, Oh gOds WhAt Is THat, Unnatural Existence, Alien Hide, MultiPlyIng tEntaCleS, Tentacle Grab, mystErious FiELd, Tentacle Play, Unnatural Spawn, Mysterious Tentacle, Alien Assimilation, Unnatural Horror.

Number of tentacles in Shoggoth form (basically, it doesn't hurt to look at them): three
Number of tentacles in Pseudonatural form: six.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »
Well, if you take another flaw (shaky?), you have three feats. Sooo... Aberration Blood (Tail); Inhuman Reach; Deepspawn?

This would get you a +4 racial to balance; You would be able to increase your reach by 5ft by taking a -1 on the attack roll; You would get a +2 to grapples and two more tentacles.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
... knew there was a flaw to do with ranged combat I was missing.

Why Tail and not Flexible Limbs, though? More grapple! What would I be using Balance for? :huh

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
... knew there was a flaw to do with ranged combat I was missing.

Why Tail and not Flexible Limbs, though? More grapple! What would I be using Balance for? :huh

Because Flexible Limbs grants a +2 Racial bonus to Grapple.
Because Deepspawn grants a +2 Racial Bonus to Grapple.
They overlap, and thus you overwrite the entire benefit of Flexible Limbs when you take Deepspawn, which also grants two more natural attacks. The actual stats of the tentacles granted by Deepspawn don't matter though, since PnC makes takes your other attacks, and makes them into its tentacles.

Likewise: Shoggoth grants a +4 racial to Spot and Search, which is better than both of the eyes options; You have a Swim Speed, thus don't need Webbed Hands bonus to Swim; You have a Climb speed, so you don't need the Climb bonus from Sticky Fingers.

All you're left with that might be of any use is a bonus to either Balance, or Escape Artist.
You really, really do not need Escape Artist.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
Ah, right, non-stacking bonuses.

Yes, who in the hell would be trying to tie me up? :O

Explanation for the backstory: Missingno is caused by data being temporarily saved in a spot to facilitate pokeball demonstration. This spot happens to be where creature data is read. AKA, something tinkering with reality. Now, normally it would fix itself (magic isn't known for causing those sorts of lasting problems easily), but under the right conditions, this anomaly can intrude onto the normal world... and when it does, it has to be represented somehow. In this case, by bundling the horror into one creature. @_@

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
Yes, who in the hell would be trying to tie me up? :O

Japanese Schoolgirls?