Author Topic: Hyperdriven Cantina [OOC Thread] (Part 2)  (Read 121689 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Hyperdriven Cantina [OOC Thread] (Part 2)
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
New OOC Thread to replace the larger old one. The old one has been locked.
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperdriven Cantina [OOC Thread] (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
So..I remember there's a computer somewhere.  I assume it's actually inside the compound?

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:47:34 AM »
Yes the large computer terminal is located inside the compound, but you already have connected to the Imperial network on Felucia. You could begin working against the technician...Assuming no one shoots you while you are doing it  :D

I just realized a grave error on my part. I did not update some of your total hit points. Corran and Kel both have 41 hitpoints total now. this means Corran is at like 18 hitpoints instead of 9 since he was at full at the start. I have Tuokool's, Rald's, and Silten's total HPs correct. Not sure how I messed that up. Correcting it in this next update.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
Looks like we need turns from Tuokool and Silten to close out the round.

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:14:03 PM »
I'm back among people with functional internet at last  :P

Thanks for keeping my character going and once again I appolagize for disappearing.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »
I want to get your thoughts on possibly adding a house rule that will help our game here. Over the last several years I have been following the SWSE rules of how often Second Winds, Med Packs, and Full Rests can be benefitted from in a 24 hour period. This carries some interesting side effects in a PbP environment.

At an actual table you can quickly gloss over down time in minutes and have each character back up, the only problems becoming how often the characters need to rest to recover from injuries after they have exhausted all the available methods (which is also problematic). At the virtual table the time it takes becomes longer as well since we wait on posts.

I find I kind of like how 4e handles this and keeps characters in the action for more encounters. So my thought is to model some of those rules here. Allowing for Second Wind to be used once an encounter as long as a short rest occurs between encounters. This would also mean altering some feats and talents out there that give additional second winds per day to allowing them to be used more than once per encounter. I think this would go a long way toward making characters hardier.

As for Med Packs, I am thinking we could lift the once per day rule and allow it more often but increase the difficulty of its use from there. The current state indicates making a DC 15 and for every point over you gain an additional hitpoint (plus what is gained based on character level). There is a couple things we could do here. We could say we make it more difficult each time it is used increasing the DC by 5 each time (much the same way as deflect works for Use the Force). So then the character gains it's level back in hitpoints plus 1 for every point that the new DC is exceeded by. Failure cold mean a persistent condition and falling down the condition track. I would also change the party status where I would start tracking the number of times a med pack was used and we refresh after an extended rest.

I think we could also add the skill use to Treat Injury that would allow the other character to recover without spending the full 3 swift actions. Make this a standard action and a DC 15 and only usable on others. We can call it Assisted Recovery or something.

We can leave the benefit of short rest to once in a 24 hour period, though more rest periods can be taken to be able to refresh the med pack uses this way.

Thoughts?

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 07:56:51 AM »
As party medic, I'm all for it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
I'm fine either way.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
Going to post for Tuokool this evening to keep combat moving if Xerael does not by then. I am thinking of having him grab the speederbike with Move Object and throw it into the watch tower (after a couple rounds moving it through the air).

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »
I think what you propose is a good change. In my book everything that keeps the characters going longer and discourages the 15 minutes work day is a good thing  :)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »
LB, from where Kel is on the map currently, he would not have a good shot at the technician and trooper near the terminal. The wall would likely be in the way. Presently there is also an energy field erected between the corner of the wall and the watchtower. Kel would likely see this and either not shoot at the imperials in the yard of the watchpost or he would pour fire into the energy field hoping to drop that.

Do you want to modify your turn in anyway with the new info?

As for the rule changes I think we are pretty good with them then. I will put them into the News and Updates thread. Did anyone use their second wind this encounter?

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 10:21:43 AM »
I modified it (also forgot Kel was still mounted  :P ) Sorry about that.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
Sorry, this week got crazy. I'm fuzzy on grenades and afb, what would the penalty be to lob a grenade over the wall and next to the terminal from whatever a single move action would get me to?

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »
Based on where you are at, a single move would get you three squares closer. The max range of a thrown grenade is 12 squares (at a -10). Right now the opposite side of the computer terminal and technician is 18 squares away. This means from your current position you area little outside the range even with a single move action (because of the difficult terrain).

Ranges for thrown weapons are here;
PB = 0-6 (no penalty)
SR = 7-8 (-2 to hit)
MR = 9-10 (-5 to hit)
LR = 11-12 (-10 to hit)

For area attacks remember you need to hit a minimum of a 10 on the attack before you compare the attack roll to the REF defenses of all those in the area.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »
LB, to answer your question; You guys did get healed up mostly during the short stay in the village (and you leveled up at that time too). I had you at the wrong HPs at the start of combat, you should have been at 40/41. The round I discovered the error you also got rocked by two of the storm troopers (Round 2) and you took 26 points of damage (11 and 15 respectively). This dropped you to 14/41.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »
Shadow, I cannot change the red square you have Corran behind. It is no longer in passable terrain and no longer provides cover. I imbedded the grid layer into the map so I unfortunately cannot erase the red lines now that the stalk is gone. Having too many layers makes the map file even bigger so I had to merge some.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
So, I'm basically not in cover and the squares the red part occupies are displaying a 4 square patch of impassable terrain, did I understand that correctly?

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »
Let me clarify to make sure we are on the same page. The stormtroopers destroyed your cover, which was the giant stalk that was impassable terrain. Now that the stalk is gone the cover is gone but so is the impassable terrain. So you can now move through those squares now. Unfortunately since I imbedded the grid lines I cannot get rid of the red square.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 11:14:40 AM »
Ah, yes, that makes more sense. Note to self: MOVE.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 11:44:22 AM »
Had an early morning meeting at work this morning, and had no time to respond to LB's turn and post for the Imperials. Will get one up either this evening or tomorrow morning.

Since I posted the readied action for when an enemy moved through the doors and Kel did not actually move through them, I suppose I will spare Vergun from being shot out from under him.  :cool