Author Topic: More... Concrete BIOY 273 Instincts  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
More... Concrete BIOY 273 Instincts
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:36 AM »
Biostructure Tricks:

When you are modifying a chassis with the "Instincts" version of BIOY 273, you can choose to implant a single trick, as can be taught to an animal through the Handle Animal skill. Once you've done so, anyone (including the Chassis themselves) can trigger that instinctive trait with a DC 20 Handle Animal check (a sentient Chassis can instead use a DC 10 Intelligence check to the same result.)

In addition, the following tricks may only be instinctively coded into a Chassis, and cannot be taught to animals. These unique tricks require a heal check equal to or greater than the Heal check that originally created the creature to apply.

Nascent Form: A Chassis embedded with this trick can, as a full-round action, convert it's body back into Biostructure. While in this state, it can take no actions, except for a full-round action to convert back into a Chassis. However, in this state, it regains the fast healing that a piece of unmodified biostructure has.

Socket-Mind Implantation: A Chassis embedded with this trick must also have either the Circuited or Sentience versions of BIOY 273 applied to it. If it does, it may, as an action taking one minute, switch which of the two versions is applied to it (a Sentient Chassis could convert itself into a Circuited Chassis, and vice-versa.)

(click to show/hide)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Draconas

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: More... Concrete BIOY 273 Instincts
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
You should probably add the ability for the chassi to mine, given how much grammarie depends on specific metals(would require a burrow speed, obviously).(One of my ideas if I ever make a biollurgist character is a reproducing chassi that makes nests out of ore and then makes new ones after a while so that the old nests can be collected)