Author Topic: Help naming an RPG project of mine.  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Agrippa

• I'm not quite sure what to say.
    • View Profile
Help naming an RPG project of mine.
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
I'm kit bashing RPGs here and I need a name. It's for action/adventure focused urban fantasy. There is no Masquerade but there's plenty of crime, mystery, exploring and fighting about. There are plenty of superhuman freaks around and some of them are PCs. Think Sin City mixed with Dresden Files, Hellboy, The Venture Brothers and some of the superhuman and magical elements of the later (FF6 and on) Final Fantasy games and Exalted. Be warned, I am using some semi-retro clones as a basis for this project. Mechanically I'm thinking of a mix of Mutant Future/Omega plus the BFRPG system with 3.5 psionics as an alternate magic to start with. I'll explain it further later.

"These characters live in a world both magic and mundane. A world where fair or foul sorcerers, demons, fae lords, superhuman warriors and the like live along side, or even are, cops, crime lords and politicians. Some place are festering hellholes of crime, corruption, fanaticism and the worst humanity and eldritch beigns can offer. All this out in the open. There are also places of comfort and sanctuary. From welcoming bars where all the barmaids and tenders know your name and treat you like family, even houses of ill repute whose working girls protect their neighbors and the streets they walk all the way to quiet chruches and other places of worship. Holy ground, where no inhuman evil can tresspass."